Recent content by Shiro

1. Shiro

Greeks Preview pgs 10 -> 12

The previews make me happier than a hoplite on rollerblades.
    Awesome work as always, Lynores. :smile:
    There is one teeny thing I thought I'd suggest, though- would it be possible to make the shafts of the dory just a wee bit thinner? I don't mean like reed- thin or anything, but a slightly (and I mean very, very slightly, since the dory is supposed to have a bit of heft to it)  thinner spear shaft would emphasise the weight of the spearhead a bit more.
    (alternately, you could increase the size of the spearhead itself, but that might look a bit weird.)
  2. Shiro

Reference Pictures: Thessaly

the one on the right seems to have them going upwards though. Are you making both versions?
  3. Shiro

Reference Pictures: Thessaly

I seem to remember the old thread having a bunch of Thessaly references- or I might be confusing them with thespiae or thebes or something. They were somewhere in the early part of the thread, I'll go look.
  4. Shiro

"Arcus" (greek:. βιός) and other ranged weapons

Yep, I think it's the same one. IT was said to be a pretty deadly weapon.
  5. Shiro

On Warband (suggestions)

sounds good to me!
  6. Shiro

On Warband (suggestions)

Oh man, that sig is disturbing xD

The problem I see with adapting the system of lords into tpw is that each city state would have a different definition of "elite". One way of getting past this is merely labelling the lords as "generals", but that still leaves the question of political marriages and how they would be handled in ancient greece. I guess with the exception of Sparta, most commanders from the various city states would either be members of the aristocracy, or wealthy individuals called into military service.
    Also, I like the idea of a scythian warrior- woman companion, although this means we'd need female versions of some of the armour meshes...
    I vaguely remember silver mines being fought over a lot during the war, so you could add a number of villages marked as 'mining colonies' or somesuch- these would have a separate set of upgrades and would not provide any recruits, but would generate a much larger amount of money in taxes.
  7. Shiro

"Arcus" (greek:. βιός) and other ranged weapons

Is this the kind of bow which had strips of ibex horn along the length of the wood?
  8. Shiro

How Did You Find Taleworlds?

A long time back, I found a morrowind mod which implemented horses ingame. When I mentioned the same to a friend, he asked me if it was as good as something called "mount & blade", and gave me a link to the latest version (it was 751 at the time.) I played MaB for a while but dropped it because the overhead map was a turn off (and back in that first playthrough, I couldn't find anyone to pick a fight with - I remember taking a caravan quest and giving up when I saw the whole thing was going to happen on the world map :S). Sometime later, I heard about TLD, and downloaded  the .808 version. That was when I came across this forum, although, I discovered MBX first. After playing TLD, mesoamerica and a couple more mods (and pretty much ruining my scores for second year of college :sad:) I discovered the Pelopponesian  War mod on this forum, and made an account to give Lynores a bunch of nooby suggestions. :razz:
  9. Shiro

TLD preview

Ambalon said:

A memorial is a good idea, but why a tomb?
  10. Shiro

TLD preview

Merlkil...Melkir...Melkor next, maybe? :lol:

Also, what's this talk about a "tomb" for AW (couple pages back)? Isn't that a bit in bad taste? :neutral:
  11. Shiro

Question about DX7

you need to update your video drivers. I had the same problem but that fixed it.
  12. Shiro

TLD preview

Dain Ironfoot said:
    But now with the advances made we can have a big, ugly, realistic looking troll, smacking down multiple troops with one swing and suchlike.

It will be brilliant.

:shock:

*jizz*
  13. Shiro

TLD preview

wow wow wait ... so we have moddasble skeletons and hitboxes now? Holy Smaug, that's awesome!!! Dwarves and Trolls ftw!
    P.S. how were trolls done in the last version? Unlootable armour?
  14. Shiro

Old thread (locked)

quick, lock the poll before someone else decides to vote!! :lol:
  15. Shiro

Internet.

Leprechaun said:
    Maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers for your wireless card as well then.

worth a try. Lessee.
Back
Top Bottom