Recent content by Shidan

1. Shidan

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

MrMundy said:
    That would require the AI to be able to react intelligently in sieges. Which is almost the opposite of what we have seen so far.

Not really. It happens on its own due to defender archers spawning with "Hold Ground" active. When there are archers in the reinforcement waves they just stay in the courtyard where they spawned, while everyone else rushes up to defend the wall. Once you take the walls there can often be several dozen archers standing around down there, which can be devastating to your forces on the walls depending on where the stairs down are.

It's even worse when there were enough of them to hold back more reinforcement waves. Nothing like having a few dozen Nord Huscarls spawn in the midst of your weakened army.  :lol:
  2. Shidan

Firearms have no sound?

Been messing with the triggers as well, still nothing. Will post if I find something though.  :smile:
  3. Shidan

Firearms have no sound?

I wasn't expecting you guys to actually do anything about it. I mostly wanted to know why they were removed. Especially considering the sounds files and such seem to actually still be there, they're just no longer linked to firearms (which seems a bit odd it was changed at all, considering the mod doesn't contain any). And perhaps also a point in the direction of what file(s) I'd have to edit to change it myself.

I have no qualms about doing the work myself. But it is hard to do blind. And if it would cause problems readding them, I'd like to know ahead of time so I don't waste my time doing it.
  4. Shidan

Firearms have no sound?

First off, I know there are no firearms in Perisno. I modded some in for RP reasons, as I have done a couple times in the past on previous versions. In the past it has always worked fine, but this time around they don't seem to make any noise when firing. Nor do they generate the smoke. All you...
  5. Shidan

I'd suggest a simple timer counting down to retreat. So, you go beyond the border and then it says "Retreating in 5... 4... 3..."

Avoids the invisible wall issue, and keeps it fairly realistic.
  6. Shidan

jacobhinds said:
    Meh, it's about an even 3way split between Europe, South America and Asia (as a whole, including russia), and the USA from what I've seen.

Ok, it's obvious you're listing 3 groups there. But I fail to see why you've grouped South America and Asia as one.

As far as I can tell, it would only be logical to separate them and have 4. Unless maybe I'm just blind/an idiot/misunderstanding something.
  7. Shidan

The Mighty McLovin said:
    That doesn't mean that we wont see parties with hundreds of men however.
    No, but it very likely means we won't be seeing parties of 1000+ like a lot of people were suggesting.
  8. Shidan

So I saw that a ??? party was only about 40 men. I guess that confirms that the number of ?s is not equal to the number of digits in a party number.
  9. Shidan

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 12 - The Passage Of Time

joei160. said:
    OK, 727 MESSAGES ON THIS BLOG. WHERE'S BLOG 13? IT'S BEEN MORE THAN TWO MONTHS NOW.
    And? I would've been shocked to see another posted already. This is the norm. Especially considering we're getting more info in March.

I wouldn't expect anything before then.
  10. Shidan

GingerMan said:
    I don't think so, all of the blogs I have read haven't mentioned co-op campaign, and neither has any of the interviews (Or atleast the ones I saw)

But I honestly hope they don't add Co-op campaign, would just push the release date further and further away, I can't wait any longer.
    There was mention in something once. Don't remember if it was a blog or an interview. But it was a pretty clear "no there will not be a co-op campaign".

Though it's been years, and things can change. But I wouldn't hold out hope that there will be co-op in the campaign.
  11. Shidan

SenorZorros said:
    I guess you're right. that could mean that praven and suno will indeed be part of vlandia. it could also mean they are conquered.
    I've considered that before. But I somewhat doubt they would show off a screenshot like that with improper city ownership. Doesn't seem like a normal thing to do when they could easily show it with proper owners instead. It would be like if for Warband they showed a picture of Sargoth, but under Veagir control, and then made no mention of it being captured. Why would they?

SenorZorros said:
    I furthermore believe that swadia is modelled after the holy roman empire due to its central location, germanish name and the fact that the kingdom of rhodoks once was part of it which mirrors the empires struggles with the Italian cities.
    Never noticed those parallels to history. Given the whole Swadia vs Rhodoks, and those parallels you mentioned, that would actually reinforce my thoughts that some of the various Imperial factions might largely be in old Rhodok territories.
  12. Shidan

SenorZorros said:
    actually, Suno would be the major hub since it was the capital of the Calradic empire. if anything I expect Praven to have a lot of Vlandian influences.
    Actually wasn't Praven the largest city in the Empire? That would give it plenty of reason to be a central hub. I know Suno supposedly has the most similar culture to the Empire, but I seem to recall that Praven was the Largest city. Regardless though, neither is the Capital as far as we know.

On a related note. I find it interesting that neither seem to be under Imperial control. Given their supposed affiliation with the Empire I would have assumed they would be among the cities that would stick with the Empire even during the rebellion of the various tribes. But apparently they're Vlandian.
  13. Shidan

loonyreaper said:
    You do realize you cant actually call this mount & blade II right? The second game was warband, because warband was not an expansion but a separate game it is the second M&B, calling this II means your trying to sweep either the original or warband under the rug.
    Actually Warband was an expansion, a standalone expansion. They're actually a fairly common thing. Just because you don't need the base game doesn't make it any less of an expansion.

Besides, the developers can call it what they want regardless. If they wanted to call it Mount and Blade 7, who are we to argue?
  14. Shidan

Pilum said:
    It still looks bad though. There are easy to read, more stylish medieval fonts out there. Just saying...
    I don't think it's a necessity. Changing the font would just aggravate people who don't like whatever new one is picked. And I doubt it would do much for immersion considering the text you're changing is NOT actually written anywhere in game.

The current font is very easy to read and associated with M&B already. I'm fine with it and I'm willing to bet the majority of people are as well. But there are obviously people like yourself who aren't. So for your sakes I hope making a new font for the game is easier this time around. Because I don't see them changing it for native when this one works perfectly well.
  15. Shidan

RoboSenshi said:
    We know there will be ships, sea travel and hopefully sea battles
    Umm... We do? I haven't seen anything of the sort so far. Source?
Top Bottom