Recent content by Shatari

1. Shatari

Free Games - Recomendations and updates galore

Town of Salem 2 is now free to play. You get a key every 8 hours (which lets you play one game), and you can get up to 5 keys on a free account. I go by ShatariGoat on there, though I'm not very good at it yet.
  2. Shatari

Who of the old guard are still around?

I'm still checking in from time to time, but the new site isn't dyslexia friendly and I've got a lot on my plate doing volunteer work through this whole Covid thing. It's nice to dust off our old charity and all, but it's time consuming as all get out.
  3. Shatari

What made you happy today?

I had a successful day of trading today. I'm down an annoying escape artist billy goat and some unwanted roosters (the latter of which I was actually going to give away for free because they were too violent to let out to graze), and in exchange I got 50 laying hens and two cases of Little Debby snack cakes. It's a pretty good deal, since laying hens are going for $10 a pop right now, and eggs are pretty good barter bait as well right now. Plus, now I have some more tick eaters. I'm not so sure about the snack cakes as I rarely do sweets, but times are tough and it's getting really hard to get baking goods so I'll hold onto them.
  4. Shatari

corona? :(

Some of them latched on to the sound bite, and they're convinced that it's fake, while most of the others think it's not in America and/or it's blown way out of proportion. My grandmother is blowing it off as a "God's Will" thing, so she doesn't care if she gets sick.
  5. Shatari

corona? :(

My grandfather just died, and his symptoms matched the virus to the letter, but the hospital didn't have any tests to spare, and the they won't (or can't) do any posthumous testing. My grandmother was with him throughout his final hours, and they're doing a big funeral/family get-together because they all think the virus is a hoax. All of them are at least one part smoker/overweight/diabetic/old, so this has the potential to turn really grim really quick. I just hope my cousin doesn't show, as his special needs daughter will not survive if she catches it.

They're also pissed that my family won't be attending, but **** that. My sister had a bad recovery from a surgery, my mother has lung issues, and my niece has severe asthma. Even if it's a false alarm, we're staying in isolation until this simmers down.
  6. Shatari

What's on your mind?

Meanwhile, I just came here to have a good time and now I'm feeling attacked...
  7. Shatari

Forum Feedback and Suggestions (NOT Game Feedback)

That color combo is definitely better. If the colors can't be switched in the near future then I may switch over to Chrome so I can use that.
  8. Shatari

Forum Feedback and Suggestions (NOT Game Feedback)

Is it possible to disable the "reply" option when you're highlighting text in someone's post? I'm dyslexic, and it's very hard for me to read unless I can highlight the text as I go, but that button makes that very hard to do.

Also, could you add back in the classic light brown Taleworlds color scheme? This choice between harshly bright or blue with pumpkin orange highlighted text is very hard to read.
  9. Shatari

What's on your mind?

I'm mind boggled at how people are buying up all of the toilet paper in bulk around here. Meanwhile, I've still got an entire pallet of the stuff that I bought back when Pharmor went out of business. I've got about 8 years wroth left before I run out, though I have started giving some of it to friends and family.
  10. Shatari

? Red Dead Redemption 2 PC

I picked up the original at a yard sale for $5, so by the time I've got a game center up and have played through it I imagine this one will be discounted cheap enough to buy. Go team "Poor, but too busy for that to really matter"!
  11. Shatari

What pissed you off today? v. VI

Delora Filth said:
    What did you do to piss off the UPS man so he won't talk to you?
    It's UPS policy; the seller is their client, whereas they don't know me from Adam. I can call them to try and straighten up future packages, but since I've already done that multiple times it doesn't seem to be sticking.
  12. Shatari

My parents were able to pick up the package. Yay! At least they were heading that way today, so we didn't have to waste much time or gas getting it.

Delora Filth said:
    What's their reasoning behind it?

If they've given any.
    Oh, UPS refuses to talk to me directly. I have to ask the seller to talk to them, since he's the one who bought the label.

Lord Brutus said:
    That's really weird, Shatari.  Everyone in the US should have a street address by now which can be located by Google Earth.
    That's the weird part: Googling my address shows my exact location. I think the trouble is that the road was renamed about 50 years ago, and they're refusing to update their records. Sometimes they'll find it if I put both the current and old address on the package, but that's a crapshoot too. Amazingly, FedEx doesn't have this problem. So naturally no one on Ebay will use FedEx.

Lord Brutus said:
    No sense being a dumbass just because you know how.
    ...Well, there goes my entire repertoire of jokes. :ohdear:
  13. Shatari

UPS has hit a new low when it comes to disappointing me. Used to, they'd just say "**** it" and ship it right back to the sender. A phone call got them to hold the packages at the UPS center until I drove an hour to pick them up, and eventually I even got them to either deliver it to our gate (gods forbid) or just leave it at our Post Office (which is the best case scenario), but now they've decided that they can't find my street address anymore so they're just "correcting" my address to a completely different zip code and town. At least the dude who lives there was kind enough to call us and let us know that he got it instead of us. I'm just going to start asking people not to send me stuff via UPS, because rural Kentucky is just a hellhole where the most incompetent drivers are sent to inflict suffering on anyone stupid enough to use their service.
  14. Shatari

What scared you today?

Honestly, things had been going vaguely okay for quite a while. We're treading water, which is way better than we used to do.
  15. Shatari

What scared you today?

Sorry to double post, but I just had a lovely scare. We came in from a long day's work and discovered that the house was full of smoke. It turns out that the power box to my parent's apartment had been leaking water, and had corroded the wiring to the point of setting the wall on fire. Fortunately, we were able to kill the power to it and our water hose was long enough to spray it down before it did any major damage. Unfortunately, my apartment is now the only place on the property with a functional fridge or heat. And we have no hot water heater. And we're not sure how hard to will be to rewire everything, and there's an arctic vortex about to slam us with a serious cold snap.

Still, it beats having died. If this had hit a few hours later that's what would have happened. Also, the wall that caught fire had to be torn out this Spring anyways, since it's rotting away anyways due poor construction.
Back
Top Bottom