Recent content by shashaveli

1. TLD preview

alucard2567 said:
    saxondragon said:
    Guys,

Hang in there.  What you are facing is rough. 

You will get through it. 

Don't get distracted by the little things..

Embrace the passion and creativity you felt when you first started this project.  It is a masterful work of art and you guys have done amazing things in the past and even more amazing things yet to come.

Have faith in yourself, keep focused and it will all be ok.

Sincerely yours,

Saxondragon

You know, for the record, i think this is the most caring and thoughtful and compassionate post I have ever read in this forum :lol: :grin: :grin: :mrgreen:

Okay here is one from the other side of the barricade.

We know where you live,we know where you children go to school, where you first slept with your girlfriends. You WILL release TLD for M&B version 1.0 or suffer an eternity of torment at the hands of our master!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh C'thulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
  2. Is it possible to stop population growth?

Order the blacksmith to produce chainmail condoms and the monasteries to teach abstinence...

You don't have a reason to be worried about population, the more the better like the man said - they'd still be paying their taxes.
  3. [V4.5] Coming Soon (alpha released)

It is Sunday and we are waiting...and waiting...

4. [V4.1] Sword of Damocles - Invasion 4.1

Dumb question - after starting my own kingdom in  4.1 with my beloved Marinians, I have no idea when/where do I receive my taxes?! I keep checking the fief reports and there is a pretty nice sum(and growing) in there...but I can't get to it. Received payments the old-fashioned way before my secession from Swadia...
  5. TLD Preview #3 - Concept Art

Although I already saw those on DA, and send them around my Tolkien/Mount&Blade buddies, but still...TLD TLD tld tld tld tld.....:wink:
  6. [Development] - Suggestions, Brainstorming Thread for V5

Formations and morale SHOULD be reworked...perhaps make troops more resistant to morale shock or maybe make the different types of troops more or less resistant depending on whom we are talking about. I can beat a huge nordic army with 0 casualties by peppering them with arrows and a well placed cavalry charge. They simply rout once the cavalry hits them, not very...nordic thing to do. And it says that the rhodok have a very disciplined army - that would make it look like one, or say - swadian low tiers simply running while the knights stay and fight...Things like that.

Formations are nice indeed but the PC is really poor at using them. Never seen a formation reaching my archers(on account of 40 swadian knights crashing into it but thats another matter.)
  7. Bug reports thread

I don't see one yet, and its best to keep bug reports away from polluting the main thread. It will make life easier for Chel too. 1st one from me Rhodok Goliaths seem to be counted as ranged. I was casually mowing down bear clan when I noticed those guys among my crossbowmen/archer line. I...
  8. SP Medieval The Struggle - A 14th century Balkan mod

One vote for changing the mod's name to Balkan&Blade!

Давайте войводи! Вас чакаме!
  9. TLD preview

Relax people, we will have just enough time to disown our children, divorce our wives, stock up with beer and canned food, take a long long leave from work and bid farewell to friends family and outside world before TLD for 1.011 comes out.
  10. TLD preview

TLD, TLD, TLD....
    (fap,fap,fap,fap,fap,fap,fap.....)
  11. Game Features - Ideas and Discussion

The possibility of a revolt is stalking my mind. Peasant rebellions were quite common you know, especially in some areas. Perhaps a combination of low faith + very negative relations with a fief could cause a rebel party to appear, or even more drastic measures.
  12. Game Features - Ideas and Discussion

I must say, I find the strategic map a real blessing. It actually allows me to plan out for war. It is so unspeakably useful that it deserves a meme in 4chan.

For example - I had my lords spread out to cover a larger section of the front from enemy raids. Then, i saw a message that Reindiar castle is besieged. Upon arrival I found an entire swadian host, way beyond my abilities, so after beating 2 lords, I immediately ordered my vassals to come to my aid. I separated a large swap (3-4 lords) from the swadian host, and just as we lost the castle from sight, my own lords arrived from 3 different sides, catching the enemy in a pincer movement. Needless to say, we won and then finished off the entire host in just one day.
  13. After Action Report

Well with the bugfixes I started again as a vilanese - Maybe its just me but they don't suck that much this time. The tricks is, in fact, to make em hold fire until the enemy is at mid-range so that they don't waste ammo. Its preferable to find a spot where the enemy will be turned into a mob - villanese are poor shots, but when they just fire in the thickest of it they can't miss.

Also - the vilanese knight is still fighting with fists and a huge axe on his back.

And finally, a piece of advice - Sword sisters. Get some refugees from a town every now and then, they level up VERY fast, don't cost much and believe me - with the armor overhaul the ladies with their plate armors are great fire magnets. I saw one stand alone against 10 rhodoks and survive long enough for me to shoot them one by one. Over all - a great asset(and some asses to keep the boys happy) for a vilanesse army that lacks good cavalry and damage sponges.

14. Final V4 Released !!! FINAL SPECIAL FEATURE RELEASED (01 Feb 2009)

jasonxfri13th said:
    Slawomir of Aaarrghh said:
    vonmistont, the code is working fine as far as I tested it. :smile: I send you the first version. Now I'll try to add some more stuff to make it look better and to make it even more usefull.

I hope people will like it. Maybe it's not revolutionary, but I think it's cool and with some future additions it could really be SOMETHING. :wink:
    WHAT IS IT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Sharks with laser beams on their heads and Chuck Norris tattoos. Its so cool it'd take half of 4chan once it appears.
  15. Bug Reports

kcac said:
    if you wish to make them better, you can easily do so by lowering the required power draw for longbows and boosting it's power.... so if you wish, you can just play it with custom fixes.... that is if you actually like SoD enough to spend 5 minutes of your life for it....

Aaaw ain't that sweet. You know I COULD fix the vilanese troops, the adenian knights, the vaegir knights, the lords who also do fistfighting. Regrettably, since my experience in coding sums up to adding Magelord's tweaks a few times, I most sincerely doubt I can do something about the  health system, or the bugged vilanese cloaks that have their heads pop through the hood or something else equally annoying that I forgot to mention.
Back
Top Bottom