Recent content by shar_N

1. shar_N

Helmets deforming with facial expression

As the title says, some helmets in the mod I am playing will deform with the facial expression of the wearer, so I'll see full helmets with squinting eyeslots for example. Is there some way to fix the helmets so that they are rigid the way they appear in Open BRF?
  2. shar_N

here you go fren https://mega.nz/file/uE5zjQ7L#b0mIuLR5JkwKn2VcPcSTSTBKXXnF6XCWrD-vQvTpSsI

here you go fren https://mega.nz/file/uE5zjQ7L#b0mIuLR5JkwKn2VcPcSTSTBKXXnF6XCWrD-vQvTpSsI
  3. shar_N

SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Hello Fellow Kids,

I made a submod for ACOK 2.0 that features new bandit spawns, new units, new items and a bunch of other tweaks which you can download here:

Don't paste it over any existing ACOK patch, just use the file that is downloaded.

If you want to see the new units:
  4. shar_N

Hundred Years War Mod- Need Help Please Will Pay Good Money!+Send My Mod for Free

Sounds sketchy. Also there already exists a Hundred Years War mod.
  5. shar_N

White sheen over items

Have you been able to solve your issue here?
    Hello, yes I did, sorry I forgot to post about it. I combed through the resource files manually and did end up finding a duplicate mesh and this solved the issue.
  6. shar_N

Autocalc and Unit Levels

The strength calculation goes something like this:
    for each unit stack: get the level of the stack and add 12 to it, square the result, integer divide by 100, multiply by the number of fit troops in the stack, add this to the force's total strength.
    Formula should be something like: y=(((x+12)^2)/100) with x as level of the troops and y the strenght of that troop.

If you want to go deeper into the rabbit hole, these are the two threads to read through:
    https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/improving-the-auto-resolve-system.59553/
    https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/fun-with-game_event_simulate_battle.58962/
    So I calculate y for each troop in a template and then add up all the values for the force's total strength? Is that right?
  7. shar_N

Autocalc and Unit Levels

Hello, I am trying to make a faction that fields a larger number of low quality units to make up the bulk of their forces. My worry is that this will unbalance the game so I made the troop level of their units lower than that of other factions. If another faction spawns a level 16 unit, how...
  8. shar_N

White sheen over items

Does the error search function give you any results? Could perhaps be that you have two meshes with the same name or such.
    Doesn't seem to be any error relating to the meshes when I search.
  9. shar_N

White sheen over items

Hm, ok. Set all Spec RGB values to the same value, something between 5 and 12. And which shader are you using?
    specular_shader_skin_bump_high

EDIT: tried with the spec RBG values changed to 6, no effect
  10. shar_N

White sheen over items

It looks for me like it is very shiny and not white. At the material setting your Coefficient (Coeff) is at 24 which is relatively high, it determines the shinyness. Set it to 5 and take a look again.

Seems to be unchanged. I tried bringing it even lower, then down to zero and nothing happens.
  11. shar_N

White sheen over items

Make sure that you have material and texture entries at the brf file. If those two are at different brf files, make sure that the material gets loaded first, then the texture, then the mesh. OpenBRF has a Error Search function, you can make use of that one. If the problem still persists, make a screenshot of it and a screenshot of the material and the texture entry at the brf file.

These are what I see
  12. shar_N

White sheen over items

Hello, Some items in a mod I am messing around with have a whitish sheen over the items. The armor itself is visible but there is an ugly whitish translucent layer all over everything, almost like it has been painted over with shiny wax. Does anyone know what this is and how to fix it? The item...
  13. shar_N

Adding Upstab Confusion

Go to id_animations.py, not sure what has ridden my mind. However, you could have gotten a bit creative at this too :razz:
    What am I looking for exactly? I don't see overswing_spear in here either :sad:
  14. shar_N

Adding Upstab Confusion

Check their animation id number in animations.txt at the module. They need to have the same number as the ones mentioned above.
    I can't find any animations.txt do you mean actions.txt? If so there is no overswing_spear in there either.
  15. shar_N

Adding Upstab Confusion

What module source are you using? Every MS should have the Native base, therefore Native animations should be present in every modification. That being said, adding any should be a straightforward thing to do.

The following is present in Native:
    Code:
    anim_ready_overswing_spear
    anim_release_overswing_spear
    anim_release_overswing_spear_continue
    anim_parried_overswing_spear
    anim_blocked_overswing_spear

There is also this animation spear_thrust_overhead, but I am not sure if it is from NW or whatever. You might, however, deem it applicable and helpful as well.

I am using the ACOK 2.0 module. The only lines with 'spear' in the module are the following:

Code:
    ["spearwall_bracing", acf_align_with_ground|acf_enforce_all|acf_thrust, amf_priority_kick|amf_priority_jump_end|amf_keep,
            [2.5, "pike_brace", 0, 190, arf_blend_in_1]
        ],
        ["spearwall_bracing_low", acf_align_with_ground|acf_enforce_all|acf_thrust, amf_priority_kick|amf_priority_jump_end|amf_keep,
            [3.0, "pike_brace", 329, 535, arf_blend_in_1]
        ],
        ["spearwall_bracing_recover", acf_align_with_ground|acf_enforce_all, amf_priority_die|amf_play,
            [1.5, "pike_brace", 191, 329, arf_blend_in_6]
        ],
        ["spearwall_bracing_recoil", acf_rot_vertical_bow|acf_anim_length(100), amf_priority_kick|amf_priority_jump_end|amf_use_weapon_speed|amf_play,
            [0.7, "anim_human", 27316, 27313, arf_blend_in_2]
        ],

Could staff animations be used for polearms? They are the same aren't they?
Back
Top Bottom