Recent content by Sepone

1. Sepone

SP - General Marriageable Freedom, Romancing, Courtship, and Family: a complete love-life and progeny overhaul suggestion

Warband's courtship was simple, but gave me a feeling of romance. And I liked it a lot.
    It also let you think about how to approach a certain spouse, for example a woman that loves to ride and hunt liked the poems about strong females and disliked those about women that live to serve her husbands. That way the spouses had a personality and you had to consider it in your decisions. Also having to wait for a letter from her to make another attempt to win her heart was way better than what Bannerlord offers right now.
    I remember a courtship with a wealth and power greedy woman who refused to elope with my character because she expected to live in a castle, and I realized she's obviously not the right one and cancelled the relationship. That was a very simple but immersive concept, letting you make choices based on the spouses personality.

I don't think anyone notices you can be gay married in games like fable or skyrim when you don't generally see it unless you choose to do it yourself.
    I didn't know that. That means there have never been big discussions or outrages about this topic, and that's a good thing. TaleWorlds should consider it, just implement it at some point with no big announcement and everything is fine.

No, it means exactly that: magic, dragons, etc. M&B is a realistic game with a "fantasy story". It's very different. With your argumentation also Rome Total War could be a fantasy game, but it's absolutely not that.
    Bannerlord isn't even alternate history, it's too far away from real history to be considered that. It is clearly fictional, and therefore not bound to historical restrictions. The question if it is really fantasy or not is a way more difficult definition than you try to put it. To communicate we need common definitions, otherwise a discussion is pointless. One common definition of fantasy could be this wiki article, for example. But no matter what source you check for a definition for the fantasy genre, none will give you the simple answer "magic, dragons, etc.".
  2. Sepone

SP - General Marriageable Freedom, Romancing, Courtship, and Family: a complete love-life and progeny overhaul suggestion

So many great ideas from the community. Unfortunately i got the feeling the devolpers just want bannerlord to be a casual fighting simulator. Otherwise I can't explain how much the game lacks of content that is not fighting related.
    Don't worry, it's early access. And many players stated in so many threads that they want more than just fighting, I am sure the devs will give us way more non-combat content.
  3. Sepone

Why mess up a game with stupid far left ideas? Let some modder do it if you really want it, but I wouldn`t like to see that in my game...
    Why mess up a thread with stupid far right comments? Let non-homophobics talk about it, and I wouldn't like to see you calling this your game... it is not!
  4. Sepone

The courtship and married life systems need a lot of polishing, that's for sure! Right now it's as superficial as it can be. ?
  5. Sepone

SP - General More from marriages

Right now the opposite is the case. My relation with my spouse keeps decreasing for no obvious reason. I can't play as many board games as would be neccessary to just keep the realtions levelled, it just drops and drops and drops and drops..... so annoying, it makes no sense. I don't execute nobles, I visit her regularly, I participate in the war against our common enemy, there should be no reason whatsoever why she and her relatives treat me like an outcast.
  6. Sepone

SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Relations really should be fixed

I have the feeling Relations even got worse. Maybe I never realized it before, but right now (1.2.1) my Relations keep decreasing for no obvious reason. I just got married, had a Relation of 11 with everyone in her clan, a day after marriage it is at 1. Why? How? I have no friggin idea, I did nothing that day, just travelling from her father back to the town she is located. That's so annoying, mainly because I have no clue why this happens! Even before marriage our Relation kept dropping, I did everything I could to become friend with her clan, but all efforts just keep diminishing for no reason. Same culture, I participate in the ongoing war, I tread on nobody's toes, it makes no sense. I just don't get it!
  7. Sepone

How do you feel about a low skill wife?

Holy ****! There's my next blacksmith!
    TaleWorlds, don't nerf plz! She's perfect... ?
  8. Sepone

How do you feel about a low skill wife?

Has anyone married her before?
    Yep, Endurance 10 .... all other attributes 0! Stamina of a horse but as thick as two short planks. ?
    She also had minus 85 skill points that I had to overcome before I was able to level her for the first time. But that was before TW patched the companions, maybe they patched the nobles as well.
    Back then I ended up using Character Trainer and Developer Console mods to make her a decent character, hope this will not be neccessary next time.
  9. Sepone

All sites say the same thing

Do I get to have her do quests, lead parties, caravans? Stuff a normal companion would do? And my plan was to marry on my second playthrough since I can’t marry now I’m too old.
    Yes, your wife will be like all other companions!

One wonders why you can't marry past the age of 35. I can't think why that should be restricted from either a gameplay perspective or a lore/realism perspective. Even the issue of fertility for a female character shouldn't preclude marriage for political reasons.
    Yeah, doesn't make much sense.
  10. Sepone

SP - Battles & Sieges Allow me to toggle off nearby foliage

there is a reason cavarly did not traditionally fight in woods dudes.
    As far as I know, that reason was mainly mobility, not line of sight!
    At least fighting on foot is a solution, nice idea. And if this line-of-sight penalty would apply to everybody on the battlefield, I would do perfectly fine with fighting on foot in these damn forests. But in my experience enemy cavalry, my cavalry, and companions are all doing well (except for a lack of mobility). And as long as I am the only one who gets punished by this, I'll keep calling it a "design-mistake" and not a "feature".
  11. Sepone

I miss the old character stats

Said this in other threads, happily repeat myself:

Learning-by-doing: GOOD
    Bannerlord system: BAD

For all the good reasons! Wanna know more? See here:
    leveling-up-your-character-decreases-your-skill-learning-rate-for-all-skills
    what-do-you-think-about-the-new-new-skill-system
  12. Sepone

Companions spawning as villagers.

Strange thing is, I carry full battle load in villages while my companions wear civil outfits. ?
  13. Sepone

A realistic approach to a full siege

As long as sieges take longer than a few minutes I welcome any change. It was way more effort in Warband, and therefore a more rewarding experience.
  14. Sepone

All sites say the same thing

Ok I’ll marry on my next playthrough. What are some main benefits for marrying? Does that essentially mean I’m allied with my wife’s faction? Getting their armies under my clan too?
    No, you're not automatically allied or become a vassal, it is the other way around, she'll join your clan. You don't get any armies! Your wife is a free companion (doesn't count to companion limit) with very good equipment, some are good fighters and army leaders, too. They are also good for governing fiefs, but their main "job" is creating heirs.
Back
Top Bottom