Recent content by SenorZorros

1. SenorZorros

Dev Blog 15/08/19

The_BlackThorn said:
    Mirabelle said:
    I don't know how to feel about that. 10 years in development and they will release the game in early access? And even worse it's not this month or the next month but 7 months in the future.  :ohdear:

Don’t worry it will be a lot more complete than most other early access games you have likely played.

So excited!  :party:
    you have sources for that? Most early access games also have several years of development after release.  At this rate the 2025 release is becoming more and more plausible...
    And that's without mentioning the inherent anti-consumer practices in Early-access publishing.
  2. SenorZorros

Early access - Whats your comment?!

Resounding meh.
    The last early access game I bought was planet coaster. Made by a studio which has far greater acclaim than Taleworlds. And left me rather disappointed. I've been burned enough times to know better and expect better. Taleworlds isn't a cute little indie team any more. If you want people to Beta-test your game hire testers or organise a public beta. But don't expect the community to pay for the privilege of fixing your bugs.
    On the upside at least I now don't feel like I have buy on day one and can wait till the price drops.
  3. SenorZorros

Dev Blog 18/07/19

People seem to miss an upside of the influence system which is easily overlooked but essential to the game which is:
    Computers understand numbers. They can work with them. They can have an AI behave according to it. They can have two AI's use the system when dealing with each other.

A pretty large flaw in Warband is that the computer works on different rules. They don't just cheat which would be fine if not to blatant. They don't play the same game as the player. This generally ends up in a situation where for the player it's beneficial to ignore the other lords as much as possible because they tend to just be in the way.

Taleworlds seems to be focused on creating a game where the AI actually behaves like a player would, has the same goals and has the same means. So you don't feel like you are playing a different game and actually can deal with lords in a constructive manner. Bringing in clear point levels which are known by every agent allows the AI to make these choices without them having knowledge the player doesn't have. of course I still expect the AI to cheat but that's fine as long as it makes them have about the same abilities the player does.
  4. SenorZorros

Dev Blog 04/07/19

vicwiz007 said:
    Yes exactly. But dont be too discouraged. If Napolean could become a great leader, so too can the vile manlet beggah. You dont need to woo any ladies if you can rain denars on them
    1. Napoleon was about half a head taller than average for his time. The idea he was short came from the fact he had even taller bodyguards. something the English used for propaganda to their hearts content.
    2. According to historical records Napoleon was a dreadful lover.
  5. SenorZorros

Dev Blog 04/07/19

my guess would be ally enemy?

What I wonder is how this plan will play out. will it be an autoresolve or can you take the lead of the charge?
  6. SenorZorros

Dev Blog 04/07/19

I don't know. Whether these features work tends to be more dependent on execution and the feel rather than the raw amount of features. In the assault phase you might use stats and elements like having different siege weapons or destructible walls as well as possible traps and the like to give an impression of how many options there are. In this case it can really go both ways. we may get an interesting case of politics under pressure with difficult communication and treachery abound leading to a game of personality judgement, bluff and educates guesswork of the highest degree. Or we get Warband with two additional buttonss and finally a higher chance of the defenders starving out instead of the attackers. both are still possible and anything in between. So I can't say I'm more confident or more educated about the game as I was before... 
  7. SenorZorros

Dev Blog 20/06/19

KucukEniste said:
    SenorZorros said:
    Good to see there are more options for harassing your opponents. However, in medieval times knights generally harassed every village regardless of allegiance. Will there be an option to levy troops and collect "special tithes" from your own fiefs? and if so, will villages treat you different depending on how much you demand. I'd love to see villages and towns become uncooperative and maybe even rebellious if they think they have a weak lord which will let them get away with not paying their tithes and taxes and not supplying the required levies for the lord's army.

In campaign logistics blog they mentioned this:
    Commanders can send out forager parties which will scour the countryside for food, confiscating any resources they come across. They can also send out raiders to attack villages directly, which will not only loot resources but also wreak havoc on the region and damage its economy.

I hope it answers your question.
    This seems to be more aimed at raiding enemy villages though and mostly as a part of a campaign. I was talking about oppressing your own peasants instead of helping your enemy oppress theirs.
  8. SenorZorros

Dev Blog 20/06/19

Good to see there are more options for harassing your opponents. However, in medieval times knights generally harassed every village regardless of allegiance. Will there be an option to levy troops and collect "special tithes" from your own fiefs? and if so, will villages treat you different depending on how much you demand. I'd love to see villages and towns become uncooperative and maybe even rebellious if they think they have a weak lord which will let them get away with not paying their tithes and taxes and not supplying the required levies for the lord's army.
  9. SenorZorros

Dev Blog 13/06/19

I also wonder who determines which divisions are made. I'd assume the high commander would do that but there is no clear answer.
    I hope the player and the ai lords have the ability to refuse to share command and instead command their own troops maybe even having their own subdivision. This of course bearing significant political ramifications and causing significant distrust if the commander's reputation is high. Though if the commander is not respected it might be a more acceptable choice.
    On that note, Will we be able to betray our allies and switch allegiance mid-battle? Large medieval battles were known for their politics with allies often being unwilling to commit to a battle until they were certain of victory and merchenaries switching sided mid-battle if they were offered more by their new masters.
  10. SenorZorros

Dev Blog 07/06/19

If I recall correctly a week is a month though all of this is dependent on how long a day takes.
  11. SenorZorros

Dev Blog 07/06/19

[SOTR] Roy said:
    jacobawesome7 said:
    Suggestion: Make it so you can capture the lords and torture them to try and force them to give up gold or settlements. Also, you could make it so if they are weak and you torture them enough they will become your servant and pledge allegiance to you and your king. Kinda like what Ramsay did in Game of Thrones when he tortured Theon and made him become reek.

This would be way too overpowered. Capturing a lord means a couple torture clicks and you get free land.
    Free land with consequences. People don't really look kindly to a lord that tortures his peers and would probably retaliate if they have an option. Also, don't expect any mercy if you are captured. Forget ever getting any help and beware if your former captive becomes part of your faction and starts politicking against you.I don't see an issue with (public) torture to teach your opponents a lesson as long as it has proper repercussions. At the same enemy lords shouldn't be piñatas which drop gold when you hit them. Rather, the public torture is a way to... convince, their family that accepting that rather hefty ransom of ceding a part of their lands might be the better option after all.
    the torture into submission part seems to be a bit silly and unsuitable. The proper way to "convince" a prisoner to become your vassal is not by torturing them until they break but by trading them for hostages which you then treat generously as long as your vassal does the same with you.
  12. SenorZorros

Dev Blog 07/06/19

I now hope that that screenshot is indeed the "are you sure you want to execute" screen and there is another inbetween that and the prisoner screen where you can decide them amount of kill per execution. Or even arrange for a public one.
    Also then talking about lobbing of body parts. will there also be a way to punish lords whose family was... less than forthcoming... with the ransom? (if you only want to pay 80% you'll only get 80% of your uncle back)
  13. SenorZorros

Dev Blog 07/06/19

BayBear said:
    SenorZorros said:
    save scumming.

Off with your head
    HEY, I'm not the one who proposed it. Don't decapitate the messenger...
  14. SenorZorros

Dev Blog 07/06/19

that's where the other new addition, the heir system, kicks in.
    well... that and indeed save scumming.
  15. SenorZorros

Dev Blog 30/05/19

nah, just two to five points of the change log every week and we'll be set for years.
Back
Top Bottom