Recent content by Selphie Nutter

1. Selphie Nutter

Seriously when is the next update?

It's partly because in recent years, for some reason, the script changed and devs were all put on this blameless pedestal with all game failures due solely because of management/board members. It's both their faults/issues to fix.
    It still doesn't change the fact that their incompetence causes us to have to replace our hardwire without being compensated for it.

Devs call the fan entitled brats, and a lot of the tike its true. People take liberties and abuse their rights. The term "the customer is always right" has been abused so baddly in receipt years, people take it to mean "you have to do what i tell you" when its meant to mean " your suggestions are welcome because you keep us in business". Game devs are so busy feeling sorry for themselves that they fail to see that they are just as guilty as the fans for abusing rights and taking liberties. The gaming industry has gone to hell in a hand basket.
  2. Selphie Nutter

This game is dead Now !!!

MOD cannot save BL. If possible, it would not be as bad as it is now. If BL is improved, the underlying architecture of the BL engine needs to be modified, but TW will not open source code to modders.
    There probably worried modders would do a better job.

If they refuse to release the source code to modders, and they refuse to finish their game. The best we can hope for is that someone who thinks tye game has potential and has the skills to do it properly, buys the game rights and finishes it
  3. Selphie Nutter

It's not even about the lengthy early access/beta; I haven't been 'duped' with Star Citizen, but to their fair point, they still label themselves in that beta phase. So those that bought into it, it is what it is - long development.
    It's pushing it to release (sorry console guys), in spite of the issues and the 3 years prior of feedback still unaddressed that really irks me.
    Games that don't really have lengthy betas (few months prior) and release unfinished (most nowadays), stupid.

TW, with the ridiculously lengthy open-beta (on full sale price), if kept as beta to-date, whatever. But they deemed whatever hot mess that Oct 2022 release as 'official' shows either their ignorance or their incompetence, or both.

Wide as an ocean, deep as a puddle. Bit more than they can chew. Ate their cake and want to have it too.
    Yeah i agree, if it wasn't finished, it should never have been released to begin with. They should have kept it in a bata stage untill it had been completed and all bugs fixed.

One thing that gets on my nerves about game developers these days, is their lack of respect for..well everything the games the make, the platforms they create them for, their customers, It takes the p#ss.

Something that most people dont think about whenbthey make excuses for lazy developers is the effect broken games hafe on our hardware. When a game crashes or freezes as much as Bannerlord has, what do you think that does to your computer. PC players probably dontvthink about it, because defragging is second nature and performance diagnostics is standard practice for people who know what their doing. So they probably dont think about it, because they have the knowledge to fix it. People not in the know, wouldn't think because they dont know any better. Console players are the most at risk from lazy development, PC gamers can do the above, and download fan made fixes. What would constant crashes do to a console though, you cant defragg to fix damaged data that might cause or contribute to the problem. You cant dowload fan made patches to solve it, and you cant reblace broken hardware like your motherboard or processor should the issue persist and break your hardware due to excessive strain. So our consoles are being forced to download broken data, that puts strain on our hardware every time we use them, with no options available to limit the starin and stop it effecting the performance of our consoles. Companies like tale worlds need to be made to stop releasing broken games, especially if they dont have the drive to persevere until its finished and fixed.
  4. Selphie Nutter

That was what the first 3+ years of the early access was supposed to be about. But they fumbled the **** out of that development progress, rushed the release, pushed it to include all the current/new console versions (that can't mod), and we're now 1.5 years since then. Still wondering if issues they brought about during EA/betas are going to be completed (let alone fleshed out).
    Well then all we can do is hope they get bought out by a more competent company that actually listens to its fans. Because if their not goingvto listen, and not going to finish their games theyjust go bankrupt anyway, because no one will want to pay for broken and half finished products if they insist on making a reputation for themselves that calls them lazy and entitled. People like microsoft will look at the reviews, assess wether theres a demand for the game, then just buy them out. Tale worlds needs to realise that companys like Microsoft didnt make it big by selling half finished broken products or being too lazyvto finish them. They made it big by offering quality products at low cost, and recognising the needs of its customers.
  5. Selphie Nutter

The problem is that the game devs "are clueless" to what their actions end up doing.
    This was basically introduced as an anti-snowball effect, but the problem is player agency just means we end up being the snowball.

Since I play with mods I put the peacetime to be 125 days instead of the vanilla 30 days.
    This do cool down the war abit.
    The other thing they should or could have done is to limit the ganking that is going on, most of the time there is 2-3+ wars vs 1, which isnt really fun unless you are a specific type of gamer though.

Just feels like if you played Civ5 I liked to play on Immortal, but if you go up to Deity, it was crazy how much warmongering that was even vs Immortal which is heavy aswell.

So for abit less if you are on pc - try Diplomacy one of the best mods out there.
    Unfortunately im on Xbox, so i dont have access to the mods.

A lot of this bull**** coukd be easily solved if the devs just made it so the fans tested the game updates before they where released. They would save time and money that way, instead of making constant fixes because they didn't test the updates first.
  6. Selphie Nutter

I wish TW would tell us the truth, is the game still being supported SERIOUSLY ! or is the end near so modders takeover 100%.

I suspect the collapsing Turkish economy is main factor here ? destroying plans etc. but being left to drift in the void, is the worst.
    Lets all hope someone with sense and perseverance buys the game and finishes it if TW refuses to
  7. Selphie Nutter

Yah I def have sympathy for those who picked it up on console.
    I found another great mod now and it tweaked the game to be even more enjoyable.
    The only thing I now have an issue with is the warmongering of the AI - they will always declare war when they can, which is still annoying.
    I just miss the rng-madness you had in Warband.
    Yeah, they need to do something about the AI being so aggressive. Im playing Bannerlord right now. My heir is only 7 and ive almost wiped out Battania, The Western empire and the Aeseri because they just refuse to stop war mongering
  8. Selphie Nutter

Taleworlds is going to release a post to let us know about their futur plans for the game. What are your expectations ??

They need to focus on single player at this point.

There are some major changes for combat that are needed - buffs for spears and armor, nerfs for archers.

Then the late game needs more work. Empire management and diplomacy are 2 areas that are really lacking.
    Nerfs for archers isnt needed, especially if they buffed armour. Spears definitely needs a buff, i do agree with you there.

Late game, yes its very tedious and in desperate need of balancing, the AI is way too aggressive most of the time (especially on console) and youre forced tovwipe everyone out before your heir has even hit puberty, just so you can get left alone for 5 mins.
  9. Selphie Nutter

Taleworlds is going to release a post to let us know about their futur plans for the game. What are your expectations ??

Id like to see the option for console players to have access to pc mods, like we have on Skyrim. That way if the devs decided to give up on the game, we could still get our money's worth out of it.
  10. Selphie Nutter

I don't understand how it takes close to 5 months to pump out an update for this game? I mean, every other studio from EA, Paradox, Activsion, Arrowhead, Ubisoft, Offworld, you name it, can produce updates at twice this speed and i dont understand why. There have over 100+ employees so they aren't a small studio as compared to most others. They can make a AAA game but their updates are that of an indie studio waiting on more people to buy the game to pump out more updates because of financial issues. Bannerlord can be so much better if they worked a deal with modders to help, because let's be honest, they do need help. Within a month of the mods being live there was already a detailed diplomacy mod that outshines anything Teleworld has ever done.

The worst part is that we don't even have some sort of roadmap. Now, I've heard from people saying that this is impossible. Well, that's a lie because almost every other studio can make one and stick to a defined schedule. Does TW not have any project managers or a detailed Action Plan that outlines specific goals with dates to meet? What is the deal? Please TW, please give us something.....anything!
    No the worst part is, console players have no access to the mods. Which means we are stuck with a half finished game that still kicks us to the dashboard and freezes/doesn't always load. Pc players have it easy compared to us, we paid £50 for a basic game thats so far from living up to its potential that uts heartbreaking.
  11. Selphie Nutter

Yeah, the console version especially feels like a botched job. There are still issues with it kicking you to the dashboard even when playing it offline, and parts of the map still wont let you battle on them (near ab comber castle being one area, which ive reported before) not to mention the game is unbalanced, you constantly have to rush to develop your clan and found a kingdom because the AI is super aggressive andvit leaves no timecto do anything other than war. The fact they raised the price on this game before they even finished it is insulting and sad. This game could be so much better than it is if the devs coukd be bothered to put effort into it. Instead ofvthrowingvupdates together just to shut people up.

They need to put a sysin place to test updates before release to check if they break anything ahead of time. It gets annoying for us console players, having to start over wvery tine theres a update, just so we can apply the bug fixes. So some kind of system where they get people testing the new updates before releasing them ( people on these forums who help alot with finding bugs would probably be up for testing the updates). That way they wont have to do so many bug fix updates and it frees up their time to work on finishing the game.
  12. Selphie Nutter

SP - General Slower game progression needed

One thing that drives me crazy about the game is how aggressive the AI is. Even on the easy difficulties it is super aggressive and gives you no time to do anything other thsn war. Which makes it almost impossible to develop your clan or your kingdom properly. Im the type of player that...
  13. Selphie Nutter

SP - Battles & Sieges Charge command

One thing that really upsets me about the game on console (cant speak for pc) is that the charge command effects all troops. Theres no way to order just the cavalry to charge while the infantry gets into position. It would be nice to add the option to order only the cavalry to charge the enemy...
  14. Selphie Nutter

Slower game mode needed

They should just add kids to the battle field right away. Baby born in the saddle. Would be better then making the kids useless because as you know, the game should be finished before they're grown. Even if not getting a half baked clan member late in the game isn't fun or useful either. Not to mention there's no good way to pass time even if you wanted too.
    Yeah exactly, whats the point of having kids in the game if the game speed is to fast for them to grow up

My current game, my heir is only 7, but battania and the Western empire are almost destroyed. Both have 1 city left and they keep declaring war on me. The northern empire has 2 cities and the kuzaits and Aeseri are half dead with half thier cities conquered by either me or the southern empire. Vlad and sturgia are crippled, with their armies decimated but most of there cities still in their relm, and the southern empire is the only one on par with my strength.

The saddest part about how quick the game progress's. In my current game, my kingdom is made up entirely of clans i created by promoting my companions. Yet there's no time to develop or focus on diplomacy. No time to give my new clans a chance to make friends and find spouses. Only 2 of my 10 clans in my kingdom have their leaders married and one of them is only because i married Athean to him. I just wish the game was slowed down to accommodate all these things.

I gave up trying to recruit the other kingdoms clans. Half the time they refuse, the other half they get too greedy. I like sharing out the land equally amoung my vassals, but when i recruit clans from other kingdoms they always want too much land and constantly fight against my decisions. So i gave up recruiting them and focused on my companions who mostly act happy, supportive and greatful. I justcwish i had time to let them grow.
  15. Selphie Nutter

Dreaming of being able to take my time

Dreaming of being able to take my time
Back
Top Bottom