Recent content by Seawied86

1. Happy New Years!

Happy New Years everyone! I hope you all stay safe and have a great night!
  2. Happy Thanksgiving!

Just got out of my food coma! Happy post turkey day everyone! I hope you all have safe holidays!
  3. Chamber Blocking Couched Lance

A few weeks ago, a human opponent chambered my lance in multiplayer.

It is not humanly possible to pull off intentionally. It happens most commonly on bots because you slaughter them by the thousand. Even if its .0001% of happening, if you slaughter a million opponents, that .0001% will happen.

Ranged is 100% impossible to chamber.
  4. M&B Machinima: This Notched and Rusted Blade

saw the first episode. Great job!
  5. Cost?

beny1999 said:
    $4?!?!?! woah, how can they make a profit on that?  :shock:

I'm sure they're not. Dumping old inventory because of Fire and Sword.
  6. Beta mon

I miss the days when you could couch lance with a javalin. Good times.  :lol:
  7. WASD blocking

Pretty sure the gang is tired of me *****ing about it, so its all yours, Ares!
  8. WASD blocking

Scully said:
    Until the point where they "fix" it (probably never), I'll just have to learn to mouse block. I'll successfully block a first attack, but then lose all focus and die very quickly.

pretty much my conclusion as well. If I'm selected for their next beta test, I'm going to try to emphasize this system. Until then, my partially crippled ass is making due with the mouse block as well!
  9. PWMOD Part 3 with Ripper X Commentary

the video. He who governs less governs best.
  10. WASD blocking

I'm actually the one who really pushed for this in beta, but I don't use it anymore. Its slower. You have to have extremely good coordination between your right and left hand to get it right. Last direction tapped decides the block direction. In this sense, its more accurate than mouse blocking.

The issue with this is that it doesn't account for the fact that people tend to hold down W or S when fighting. That split second release and tap for this direction could mean the difference between life and death, and often will.

A better setup would be to have A and D take priority over W or S. This means if you were holding down WA, you would block left. If you were holding WD, you would block right. This way you would only have to release a button rather than double tap a key. The end result would be a faster reaction time for blocks.

I recommend just spending some time with the mouse block and get that right. I have fine motor control issues, and even with that, I am better at mouse block than I am with keyblock.
  11. No chat/ Very low FPS

Checked it, and turns out you guys are right. Thanks for the help
  12. No chat/ Very low FPS

6 gigs of DDR3 10666, so I don't think thats the choke point. I'll double check my warband version, but I think its up to date.
  13. PWMOD Part 3 with Ripper X Commentary

I just saw a butthurt admin just ban a group of people enjoying the game. If you keep that kind of philosophy to run your server, its going to die out REAL fast.
  14. No chat/ Very low FPS

Im getting a bug where I don't get any form of chat displayed. Additionally, I'm only able to run the game at 18-20 FPS. I have a core 2 duo @ 3.0ghz as well as two Nvidia 9800 GTXs in SLI. The frame rate shouldn't be this low. Any ideas?
  15. Any chance for Mount and Blade 2?

captain lust said:
    Mount & Blade was released in September 2008, Warband was announced in January 2009 (4 months later) and the Warband beta was announced in July 2009 (10 months later).

Warband was released in March 2010 (Nearly 13 months ago). Granted, the development process was different for each game and the Warband engine was an evolution, rather than an overhaul, of the original. There's no telling the scope of what's planned for the next game but I'd say it'll be a much bigger step than Mount&Blade to Warband. At this point, if I had to make a prediction about "Mount&Blade 2" it would be: Announcement - Q3 2011, Beta Announcement - Q1 2012, Beta - Q2 2012, Release Q3 2012.

Seawied86 said:
    For a development team as small as Taleworlds, I would say we're looking closer to 3. Redoing an engine is no simple task.
    Who says they're redoing the engine? Engine modifications will always be made from game to game but I doubt they're starting from scratch. The Taleworlds dev team is much bigger now, as well. I'm not sure exactly but simply looking at forum profiles of the devs and counting those who have some fairly recent activity (and Armagan :razz:) points to 12, which can be considered a minimum.

Just to be clear, my position as a Moderator has given me no extra information whatsoever. This is certainly not any kind of official indicator or announcement and is based, solely, on my own deductions.

I'd like to point out it took nearly 2 years for them to release warband, and warband was just a standalone-expansion. A true sequel will probably take longer than a standalone-expansion like warband.

I'm sure the development team is larger than 12 now because at the time of release for Warband, there were 12 active developers. Taleworlds made an announcement that they were hiring short-after.

This is all still speculation of course, but I think we should all just be patient for now. I don't think we're going to see a true sequel to M&B by 2013
Back
Top Bottom