Recent content by Seafoodking

1. Buff the Heroes AI Separately

I have never play WB, so I dono how it is there, but in BL heroes are dumb. They have 0 sense to escape, attack, let alone tactical moves. I have made 1 of my brother to have war god stats, but how does he perform in battle? Pretty much he did the same as heroes with 100 combat skills. Most of...
  2. Should we allow AI reinforcement for players involved ongoing battles just like simulation ones?

I think this is a good suggestion and won't over complicate things, as we know TW avoid implementing complicated features.
    It's very much possible without creating time paradoxes. Armies in a smaller radius join the battle immediately, while armies in a somewhat larger radius are scheduled as reinforcements, arriving based on their speed, distance and direction. If the battle is too short, they might not arrive at all.
  3. Should we allow AI reinforcement for players involved ongoing battles just like simulation ones?

I'm not sure how feasible this is in terms of coding, but I would find it much more fun and strategic if we can allow AI to join players ongoing battles. This would enhance the strategic experience especially if the reinforcement would join the battle in the direction of where the battle is...
  4. Heroes aren't heroes, they are flies.

As for companions and honestly AI lords, even if the AI has to be dumbed down on regular troops due to performance issues, they should have their own separate AI that makes them act like like the heroes they should be on the battlefield. It is really said where I might have 30 kills and the max any of my companions managed was like 2 and most didn't even get a single kill.
    I'm glad I'm not alone in this, but lets hope TW sees this and do something about this.
  5. Heroes aren't heroes, they are flies.

It is also funny that in tournaments the AI seems to know how to defend, block, counter attacks etc., but on the battlefield it is a mess.
    You spoke my mind. I just wish TW can prioritize into combat AI, and campaign AI. I'm not a modder, and I highly doubt that AI are open for mod.
  6. Heroes aren't heroes, they are flies.

Honestly the enemy heroes are basically almost all (if not one or two) dead after the first charge... as if they were not even there
    Most of the time I can just charge into their hero and slain him within a few hits. They're just clueless about this world and have no awareness about their surroundings. I don't mind TW to tweak them into an imbalance hardcore war machine that is very tough to beat, at least that will bring challenge to the game.
  7. Heroes aren't heroes, they are flies.

That's true, with a lower archery level I use to kill 10+ enemies, my party hero with archery maxed use to kill one or two, barley three, of course I use to come closer and hit from there, the hero, like the rest of units just run at full speed, shooting to the air.
    Exactly, heroes suppose to bring diversity and challenges to the game. It should let players feel like to fight against different generals of an army.
  8. Denars are useless, please correlate AI party template with their income & finance

Currently Denars are useless in the late game. This is especially obvious for the AI lords. They don't purchase better equipment's, nor do they hire and train higher tier troops. In order to make this game more fun and challenging, please make AI lords upgrade their party template base on their...
  9. Question about the AI.

Yeah I use this though I only use the AI module which can be loaded separately.

HOWEVER. Just keep in mind that the more complex AI used in this mod will put a hurting on your CPU processing power. I have about a $3200 gaming rig and with the native AI, I can run 1500 man battles without a single hitch in frame rate. With the "Realistic Combat Mods" AI installed, I get tons of frame drops and lag even with my my battle size dropped back to to 1000. That is the price you pay for a more capable AI and probably the reason the Native AI is so terrible.

Also not only is the combat AI dumb, so is the campaign AI. Still dumb as ever.
    I can't agree more about your comment on the campaign AI.
  10. Planned features.

Other than the terrain system, none of the planned features look promising to me. The game still look empty and shallow.
  11. Question about the AI.

I heard from the modders that some of the AI behavior are hidden in engine, which means only TW can change them. Currently, I'm playing with Realistic Battle Mod, the AI is better than vanilla, but overall you will still easily manipulate the AI in battles.

White knights going to scream "Than don't take advantage of the AI!", but the white knights refused to acknowledge that the dumb AI took away challenges and fun from the game.
  12. Heroes aren't heroes, they are flies.

Issues with defending are pretty endemic in the AI of all troops including heroes, another problem is that the protection provided by armor is a joke; if the armor damage model was fixed to give much better protection against arrows and a bit better protection against melee, we would see heroes equipped in high-tier armor surviving for far longer.
    I had installed mods that buffed armor, but sadly it doesn't fix the problem for the heroes suiciding themselves. They like to either run into bunch of enemies and die, or try to duel someone, and let 1-2 enemies kept hitting them from the back. The armor did make them take a few more strike, but they still die in a mindless way.
  13. Heroes aren't heroes, they are flies.

In BL heroes are like flies, they don't know how to protect themselves in a battle, and even with the most prowess combat skills they can barely score more than 3 kills in a fight. With highest AI combat difficulty, you feel a some challenge from them in the tournaments. However in a battle...
  14. the whole spear combat is a disappointment

how the spear works is really not pleasuring

the slow/delay release, half griping, limited attack angle, bouncing attacks, just don't really think it is well designed
    Excuse me, but I loled when I saw bouncing attacks.
  15. Beta Patch Notes e1.5.8

This game development is sad. The hotfix created fatal crashes that won't allow you to load the game at all.
Back
Top Bottom