Recent content by Scuba Steve

1. Scuba Steve

Upcoming games you nitpicky ****bags look forward to ***** about in the future.

I've never played any of the Ultimate General games (yet), but that reminds me a bit of Age of Sail. The frigate and small ship combat is really fun. The later missions are heavily focused on ship of the line combat, and they can be a slog because ships of the line in Age of Sail are just boring. Probably the most unbalanced feature of the game is the upgrades, though. You can upgrade your ships to give them substantially more health, speed, melee (boarding) damage, etc, and equip your ships with all manner of different cannons, including carronades that will do significantly more damage in close quarters (where a lot of fighting occurs) than standard cannons. All of this is great, except that the AI never uses any of this, so your ships can have significant advantages even over ships of the same class. It's not game-breakingly OP, but it's noticeable. And it would be easy enough to fix: just let the AI upgrade their ships and change their cannon loadouts. It might make combat even more interesting and unpredictable, too. That's one reason why I wish the devs would develop the game further, instead of moving on to the next game. They've made a fun game, now, keep building on that. Oh well.

On topic, are there any other upcoming games where I could get my sailing ship combat fix? I've always had a thing for games with sailing ships. (Every now and then I get nostalgic for Tradewinds 2 and Tradewinds: Legends. Anyone ever played those?) I saw a trailer for Republic of Pirates, a city builder RTS that looks... okay, I guess? Graphics look fricking outdated, but hey, who knows. Ubisoft has/had a (multiplayer, IIRC) fantasy pirate game that was announced so long ago, I can't even remember the name of it. I guess if it hasn't been released by now and I've missed it (which is possible), it's either dead or it's been in development hell for years. Is there anything else?
    There's nothing that's really all that spectacular.

You've got Rise of Piracy which seems like it could be interesting, but not a lot of info about it, so just kinda gotta wait and see. You've got Sea Dogs: Legendary Edition which is basically just the old Age of Pirates games, so it's sure to have some jank. You've got Caribbean Legend which might actually be the same thing as Sea Dogs: Legendary Edition considering it's the same developer. Will probably be fun, but who knows?

You've also got Uncharted Waters Origin which is basically a remake of Uncharted Waters: New Horizons, and also added some admirals from Uncharted Waters Gaiden (which was never released in English originally). It's got some gacha BS that you can ignore, it's kind of like a quasi-MMO because there's other players that are on at the same time (there's two servers; the PVP one which is basically dead, and the PVE one which is active). I really only play it for the story and the sandbox elements and ignore the gacha stuff. Doing that, I find it fun. The battles are like Uncharted Waters though in that they're turn based. In some ways it's like EVE online, but with sailing ships in the late 16th-early 17th century (but also has some weird timeline shenanigans going on as well, with some 18th and 19th century ships and historical individuals that can join your crew).
  2. Scuba Steve

What are you playing right now?

Pretty interesting game; kind of a combination of Civilization with Black and White, Rimworld, Dwarf Fortress, and Age of Empires.

Already having a lot of fun, and it has loads of potential too.
  3. Scuba Steve

Who of the old guard are still around?

Is Radetzky still around? I can't find him on the forum and he's not on Steam anymore. Hope you're doing well dude, miss chatting with you.
  4. Scuba Steve

There's only seven Sabaton songs I like. Uprising, Night Witches, Winged Hussars, and Aces in Exile, and then their three cheesy songs that are just band names or song titles or lyrics from a bunch of metal songs combined.

The rest... nah.
  5. Scuba Steve

Games you wish existed

Escape from Tarkov, but single player. Or just a single player FPS with Tarkov's features and gunplay in general.
  6. Scuba Steve

This looks interesting and has some good reviews. Can't remember if it's been posted here.
    It's just very early acccess with plenty of issues.

Killing horned demon looking Pan wannabees with a sword and a single action army? I'm down!
  7. Scuba Steve

Screenshottery Thread Mk.2

Been playing some Red Dead Online again. Here's my character:

vLk7g.jpg
    M7N1t.jpg
  8. Scuba Steve

Steel Division 1 just has a generic list of missions like RUSE, but Steel Division 2 has a tabletop-like scenario mode where you move divisions around. Some of them are goddamn gigantic.

For context this took him about 40 hours to complete.

Video is unavailable.
  9. Scuba Steve

Any world war 2 game that tries to have "good guys" is just disrespectful in my eyes. The Nazis went well out of their way to exterminate people, I don't see how you could possibly spin that to being "the good guys" without turning into David Irving. Even having them as the playable protagonist faction wouldn't be so bad so long as you don't pretend they weren't agents of genocide wherever they went.

Exactly. The entire conflict was not one of "good guys" and "bad guys", but the Axis powers were objectively doing heinous ****. That's legit "bad", there's no defense that can be made for it.
  10. Scuba Steve

Can we get a game where the Germans are the good guys please

Kind of hard to be the primary belligerent in both World Wars, and get to be called the good guy.

Unless you just mean the protagonist (which doesn't necessarily have to be "good", there's lots of media where the protagonist is "evil"). In which case, it would be interesting to see. It's been done in movies (like Das Boot), so the only reason why it can't/won't be done in a video game is because it's interactive.
  11. Scuba Steve

Couple juicy ones on the horizon.

NEOLITHIC
    c873d0263b7041be8ea2901d89da9b44_original.jpg

Age Of Empires style city-builder with citizen management and individual needs set in the Neolithic era, with a never-ending open map and of course, warfare. Pretty much a dream come true in my eyes, and is fairly far through development though with no release date yet. The developer also plans to add multiplayer in further down the line as one of his main goals.

NOTE: This Kickstarter trailer is fairly out-dated now, and you can hop onto the discord to see more recent updates and further information.

This looks neat. Thanks for sharing.
  12. Scuba Steve

Free Games - Recomendations and updates galore

It's on Epic, so it's never worth.
  13. Scuba Steve

Free Games - Recomendations and updates galore

Free giveaway.
  14. Scuba Steve

Holy smokes, you're still around Densetsu? Also, you are right.
  15. Scuba Steve

Spiritual successor to Suikoden? Yes please!
Back
Top Bottom