Recent content by ScoobyDooby

1. ScoobyDooby

Star Wars Conquest Mod for M&B 1.x and M&B Warband

I have no knowledge about modeling or texturing so i could be totally wrong but since an energy bolt is basically a beam of light, then maybe you could make the bolt (staff in your case) invisible (or just barely visible) and make it glow with the color you want the beam to be. so what you will see is a traveling line of glowing light.

again, i have no idea if this is technically possible even 
  2. ScoobyDooby

"Plasma Gas Cartridge" sounds good.

Here is the star wars wiki explanation on how these weapons work, just in case anyone here would like to build one IRL  :mrgreen: :

The basic blaster technology of intensifying a beam of energy into a deadly bolt is scalable, and largely the same despite the differences in weapon types and sizes. The interior mechanisms of a tiny hold-out blaster, a blaster pistol, a large blaster rifle, and a turbolaser cannon are based on the same theories and principles. A squeeze of a trigger emits volatile blaster gas into a conversion chamber, where it is excited by energy from the weapon's power source. The agitated gas is then funneled through the actuating blaster module, where it is processed into an intense particle or plasma projectile. A prismatic crystal focuses the beam, and passes it through a refinement chamber which galvanizes the beam into its final bolt shaped like a cone with a high ballistic coefficient.

so it's gas thats mixed with energy to form a beam in the shape of a cone.
    now, if i was to sit in a bath full of some carbonated energy drink and farted, would blaster bolts come out of my arse?!

3. ScoobyDooby

Hi,
    first i would like to say thanks for making this mod, just downloaded it and started playing. looks like fun :grin:

one thing i would like to suggest is to change the name (and icon) for the ranged weapon ammo. IMO the ammo should be a "Clip of laser bolts" or "Laser bolt magazine" or something similar, as apposed to just having some laser bolts sitting in your inventory, which doesn't make sense.
    And maybe change the icon of the bolts to that of a ammo clip (the big yellow line at the side of the screen kind of sticks out, i think

Still, its amazing how you transformed this game, very impressive!
  4. ScoobyDooby

Macro Programs

adrian_exodus said:
    i use "x-mouse button control" to assign ctrl+ins, ctrl+f9 to my mouse 4 and 5 buttons

what does Ctrl+F9 do?
  5. ScoobyDooby

Macro Programs

I actually tried assigning macros from my mouse (razer) and from my gaming keyboard (Logitech) BUT they didn't work in the game.

I only tried one macro though, for the "Ctrl+J" combo to stop your mount. didn't seem to respond inside M&B.. so idk if a macro program would work either.
    I used to use "Aldos macro recorder" when i played eve online you can try that...
  6. ScoobyDooby

Native OSP 3D Art Unique Armoury 1.1 (Litchina)

ScoobyDooby said:
    Hi again :smile:
    I have just got a Sutton Hoo and it looks really nice, but i have a slight problem with it giving some weird graphics when i move around with it. its like a moire effect and its showing in the bottom part (neck back and side covers) mostly affecting the grid part of this section, looks like diagonal black lines running up and down and its really poking my eyes  :roll:
    i also get some glittering off the warhammer, this doesn't really bother me so much (its the helmet thats in the center of my screen that's annoying) but it does seem a bit out of place in the MnB world IMO (still gorgeous though)

Update: (sorry if this has already been mentioned...)
    If anyone else is experiencing this problem try turning on "Force 64bit" in the item editor. i think this  helps to reduce the moire effect (i tried only with Sutton Hoo so far), although it does not eliminate it entirely.

Edit: Using Force-64 on more of the items in the mod and I can see a big improvement in appearance on all that i tried.
  7. ScoobyDooby

Compilation of 82 little tweaks to the text files to change your gameplay(links)

TheMageLord said:
    I uploaded the item editor to filefront and will list the mirror on the 1st page of this thread.

Thank you!  :mrgreen:
  8. ScoobyDooby

Compilation of 82 little tweaks to the text files to change your gameplay(links)

ok thanks, ill give it a try :wink:

edit: darn! the repository download is offline...  :cry:
  9. ScoobyDooby

Hey TML, me again :grin:

wondering if you could help me with something. i want to change my light lance so it will allow me to swing it from side to side and not just downwards (on a blunt attack) just like i can with the shortened spear or even the poleaxe. this is the only thing forcing me to equip a 2hander otherwise id could melee with the lance (i can melee with a poleaxe np, but i like to have a shield when mounted...).

so heres the script for the lance i want to change:

itm_light_lance Light_Lance Light_Lance 1  spear_b_2-75m 0  138772484 4222124851987200 89 8202 2.500000 100 0 0 0 0 16384 90 0 175 0 283 528

and here are the scripts for shortened spear and poleaxe that have this ability(for reference)

itm_shortened_spear Shortened_Spear Shortened_Spear 1  spear_g_1-9m 0  138772484 4222131026005760 53 8202 2.000000 100 0 0 0 0 19456 102 0 120 0 281 531

itm_poleaxe Poleaxe Poleaxe 1  pole_ax 0  6651908 4222124851990272 384 8202 6.500000 100 0 0 0 0 37888 77 0 180 0 277 37

i think poleaxe does cutting dmg on swing not sure though...

oh and one more thing, i have a lord who joined my rebellion quite a while ago, and he has had the "+" sign for leveling on him for ages so i guess he is ready to level but the game wont assign points for him. i think it does it normaly so maybe because we are rebels it has some effect on the game?
    anyway...can you add the dialog to "Tell me about your skills" for lords under my rebellion (or maybe you need to change it for all lords..idk)

Again, thanks for you efforts much appreciated  :grin:
    (you made this game much more enjoyable for sure!)

10. ScoobyDooby

TheMageLord said:
    A new UnReal World just released, so I'll probably be playing it over M&B until the module system is out, so if I get a bit unresponsive that's why. I will probably still take time to reply, just saying if I don't...

So many game releases, so little time :grin:

I downloaded this URW and ....umm.... was this game made in the 80's? i didnt really get into it past the few first screens (and walking in the wilderness a bit...) seems old boring (graphics look like old Atari graphics)...  is this game really any good?
  11. ScoobyDooby

hmm a two handed blunted axe.. with 110 reach...

WHY CHANGE IT?! so what if it's overpowered?!  :twisted: :twisted:.

12. ScoobyDooby

Darkness_ST said:
    Hey yall, this is my first post because something has finally bothered me enough to cause me to ask for a fix. I have used a fair amount of your amazing tweaks ML, and i gotta say, for not knowing any languages, you do an absolutely amazing job. But i digress... I am wondering where I could mod the rate that pathfinding increases party speed because i want to be able to eventually catch up with the deserters around the khergits whose speeds range from 5 to 7. This is because they have the biggest parties to fight against for some more xp. I am sick of constantly hunting down tiny parties of sea raiders and the like. I tried to fix this by doing the banding together tweak, but it was not enough.

To summarize, if it is possible, where can i modify the rate of which my map speed increases with each level in pathfinding? Thanks in advance  :grin:

try going with a smaller army so they wont run away. personally if i want to go hunting ill just ditch my army in a garrison and go with just my 8 companions. map speed is very high like this (if you are all mounted) and most deserters/bandits come to me this way, and im fast enough to run from any mob i don't want to fight (not to mention all the extra xp from not sharing with the soldiers AND paying half wages while you do this). for the big parties you can lure them with like 30 husklars or knights etc (good for those 60+ man at arm groups).
    another option is to go with only mounted troops, your map speed will be a lot better then when schlepping along all those infantry units...
    oh and lighter inventory = more map speed. and 5-6 extra horses in your inventory will help too (you can have more but the bonus is minimal after about 6)

or you could just tweak it :razz:

Edit:
    I think TML has not enough work, so here goes request for tweak 56!!  :mrgreen:
    make a message appear when bandits raid your villages (maybe if theres a messenger post installed?). i mean, they can send messengers when an enemy faction raids them but bandits apparently have some kind of radio jamming device (ok, so it's a very big net, to catch the messenger) and you never know about it (unless you meet a farmer in the inn or stumble on them by accident).
    can it be done?
  13. ScoobyDooby

yeah i was kind of wondering why they didn't put in plate armor with a tabard. i want my knights to wear my symbol dammit!

quick question: is it possible (technically speaking) to make a fist weapon to be used in unarmed combat?

here's a cool knuckle duster weapon the Indians used:

Wagh_nakhi_Tiger_Claws_Weapon.jpg

14. ScoobyDooby

Omg you are the best! :grin:

and just in time too, the rhodocks declared war on me and my one lord went awal :razz:

Back
Top Bottom