Recent content by Schmon

1. Schmon

SP Musket Era Enhancement Mod. Rule your own kingdom! 1.75 final. Open mod source code.

The Crimeans were quite wealthy through trade (and enslavement) but wealth doesn't mean anything in this game, unless you're a player.  The Crimeans had a technological disadvantage and a small manpower pool.

That being said, Russia by this game's timeframe had already smashed through the other Khanates.  The Crimean Khanate was always on borrowed time and even ineffective at this stage, considering how Tatar raiders were even struggling against organized peasant bands with firearms.

This isn't Empire Total War or Europa Univeralis 3, the Crimean Khanate should essentially be the first faction to die.

If someone wants to be successful with Tatars, then maybe there could be an 'Ottoman Culture' troop tree and they can just create a new Kingdom in the Crimean region (this would represent the disposal of the Giray Dynasty and the rise of the player's dynasty, who would persumably be a modernizer).

2. Schmon

SP Musket Era Enhancement Mod. Rule your own kingdom! 1.75 final. Open mod source code.

El infantre,
    have you considered modding in a faction?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duchy_of_Courland

This should have been included in vanilla, but Courland was a remnant of the Teutonic Order (Livonian Brotherhood) and you could add in that faction to test your Prussian troop tree.  It's a good location to create a Kingdom / Republic of Prussia or Livonia.

As 1257 A.D. mod indicates, 'small' factions are excellent for players.  You can easily take them over and they provide a horde of A.I. lords who need a job.  :oops:  :grin:
  3. Schmon

[out of date!]English troop and faction translation download link.

This is save game compatible right?

I've always been interested in history but the Latin names for everything can be off-putting, imo.
  4. Schmon

Why men have no staying power?

What does the theory of manhood have to say about these men?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dandy
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bourgeois_personality

Never mind, especially considering the sailors and soldiers of the Renaissance era who would impregnate women and flee at dusk, there were plenty of 'deadbeat' males throughout history - even during the epitome of the 1950s.

It seems like masculine-romanticism was nothing more but a fluke and/or myth or at minimum was restricted to an industrial society (because men were more phsyically inclined than women to work in blue collar manual labour).

In contrast our proto-industrial society seems to reflect that of proto-industrial society, where women were largely employed in cottage industries (now it's the "service sector") and a good percentage of men are idle (instead of tea and card houses; it's now bars and video games).
  5. Schmon

I am part of the 99%

Seems like we're grasping at straws with some of those example,
    no one forced the 28 year old to take $60,000 in debt and have a kid.  I know a lot of people in my country and city, my age, who say they can't afford children and she's begging us (the nanny state) to pay for hers?  :roll:

And I don't have any sympathy for the older ones / boomers - they were the ones who inherited a good system (from the Greatest Generation) and they destroyed it within 25 years, leaving my set of generations (X, Y and Z - as in us) to contend with a fraught future comparable to the Lost Generation.  Houses were so cheap in the boomer generation that most of them bought at least one house and should have enough network to cover any medical expenses.

Regardless, As far as we know, our generations could be nicknamed 'generation deprived' (as in our future was deprived by the Boomers who destroyed our economic system and way of life through internationalism, free trade, et cetera, while all slopping down Reagan's trickle down economics).
  6. Schmon

I am part of the 99%

A Liberal Arts Degree isn't completely useless; it'll still get your foot in the door when applying to a Graduate school (Law, Accounting, et a).

The mistake these "99%" did was to complete a B.A. or B.L.A. at those expensive schools when ultimately graduate programs nor employers give a crap whether your degree is from a private or state university.

Maybe that's not a bad thing as those idiots effectively paid $250,000 for someone intelligent to receive a scholarship at Yale, Harvard, et al.
  7. Schmon

I am part of the 99%

History is not end of the world,
    it'll still open a door into most graduate programs.  Worse case scenario, you can utilize your military history in SHTF - you should have a leg up on the average Joe when forming a warlord faction.  :mrgreen: 
  8. Schmon

I am part of the 99%

There's debt in Mexico, but the difference is that when you don't pay the loan shark on time your organs get harvested.  :lol:
  9. Schmon

I am part of the 99%

Devercia said:
    :lol: I bet less than 1% of the US population would agree to all those points.

These demands will create so many jobs it will be completely impossible to fill them without an open borders policy.

Yep, we will all be dead from being a nation of starvating artists. Being a fat productive  laborer is so mainstream. Think of the opportunities for foreigners!  :razz:

I think the intent was that we would all have "living wages" provided in return for planting trees...  :neutral: 

Hmmm...  our environmentalist paradise where each man receives a government-issued tent and a can of spam, living indeed!  :lol:
  10. Schmon

I am part of the 99%

Let me fix this

Demand one: Restoration of the living wage. This demand can only be met by ending "Freetrade" by re-imposing trade tariffs on all imported goods entering the American market to level the playing field for domestic family farming and domestic manufacturing as most nations that are dumping cheap products onto the American market have radical wage and environmental regulation advantages. Another policy that must be instituted is raise the minimum wage to twenty dollars an hr. - minimum H/R leads to inflation

Demand two: Institute a universal single payer healthcare system. To do this all private insurers must be banned from the healthcare market as their only effect on the health of patients is to take money away from doctors, nurses and hospitals preventing them from doing their jobs and hand that money to wall st. investors.

Demand three: Guaranteed living wage income regardless of employment. - If demand one is met and manufacturing jobs returned, then there's no reason to guarantee a 'living wage' to Hamburger Flippers.

Demand four: Free college education -  Ok, this is done in certain European countries but "free College education" has nothing to do with your student loan expenses like a new car each year, pizza on the weekend, et al. 

Demand five: Begin a fast track process to bring the fossil fuel economy to an end while at the same bringing the alternative energy economy up to energy demand. - I don't like the oil lobbies but this is all wishful thinking.

Demand six: One trillion dollars in infrastructure (Water, Sewer, Rail, Roads and Bridges and Electrical Grid) spending now. - 15 Trillion in Debt and you want to increase it?

Demand seven: One trillion dollars in ecological restoration planting forests, reestablishing wetlands and the natural flow of river systems and decommissioning of all of America's nuclear power plants.  Power does not grow on trees - unless you burn them ( :mrgreen:) and

Demand eight: Racial and gender equal rights amendment. - Bunch of hippies, I'm all for equal rights and I am a 'minority' in my country and yet I realize we no longer live in the 1960s.

Demand nine: Open borders migration. anyone can travel anywhere to work and live. - no explanation and seems conflicting with demand 1

Demand ten: Bring American elections up to international standards of a paper ballot precinct counted and recounted in front of an independent and party observers system.
    -  Why not just undergo a complete reform or minimize the role of the Federal Government?

Demand eleven: Immediate across the board debt forgiveness for all. Debt forgiveness of sovereign debt, commercial loans, home mortgages, home equity loans, credit card debt, student loans and personal loans now! All debt must be stricken from the "Books." World Bank Loans to all Nations, Bank to Bank Debt and all Bonds and Margin Call Debt in the stock market including all Derivatives or Credit Default Swaps, all 65 trillion dollars of them must also be stricken from the "Books." And I don't mean debt that is in default, I mean all debt on the entire planet period.  - It could be done I guess...

Demand twelve: Outlaw all credit reporting agencies.

Demand thirteen: Allow all workers to sign a ballot at any time during a union organizing campaign or at any time that represents their yeah or nay to having a union represent them in collective bargaining or to form a union.

These demands will create so many jobs it will be completely impossible to fill them without an open borders policy.
    Wishful thinking
  11. Schmon

I am part of the 99%

ealabor said:
    I think these folks have things confused with the percentages. 99% is far too high.

Have you seen the manifesto?  Like the radical right, the radical left assumes they are 99% of the population.

Demand one: Restoration of the living wage. This demand can only be met by ending "Freetrade" by re-imposing trade tariffs on all imported goods entering the American market to level the playing field for domestic family farming and domestic manufacturing as most nations that are dumping cheap products onto the American market have radical wage and environmental regulation advantages. Another policy that must be instituted is raise the minimum wage to twenty dollars an hr.

Demand two: Institute a universal single payer healthcare system. To do this all private insurers must be banned from the healthcare market as their only effect on the health of patients is to take money away from doctors, nurses and hospitals preventing them from doing their jobs and hand that money to wall st. investors.

Demand three: Guaranteed living wage income regardless of employment.

Demand four: Free college education.

Demand five: Begin a fast track process to bring the fossil fuel economy to an end while at the same bringing the alternative energy economy up to energy demand.

Demand six: One trillion dollars in infrastructure (Water, Sewer, Rail, Roads and Bridges and Electrical Grid) spending now.

Demand seven: One trillion dollars in ecological restoration planting forests, reestablishing wetlands and the natural flow of river systems and decommissioning of all of America's nuclear power plants.

Demand eight: Racial and gender equal rights amendment.

Demand nine: Open borders migration. anyone can travel anywhere to work and live.

Demand ten: Bring American elections up to international standards of a paper ballot precinct counted and recounted in front of an independent and party observers system.

Demand eleven: Immediate across the board debt forgiveness for all. Debt forgiveness of sovereign debt, commercial loans, home mortgages, home equity loans, credit card debt, student loans and personal loans now! All debt must be stricken from the "Books." World Bank Loans to all Nations, Bank to Bank Debt and all Bonds and Margin Call Debt in the stock market including all Derivatives or Credit Default Swaps, all 65 trillion dollars of them must also be stricken from the "Books." And I don't mean debt that is in default, I mean all debt on the entire planet period.

Demand twelve: Outlaw all credit reporting agencies.

Demand thirteen: Allow all workers to sign a ballot at any time during a union organizing campaign or at any time that represents their yeah or nay to having a union represent them in collective bargaining or to form a union.

12. Schmon

I am part of the 99%

I've read that George Soros could be behind all this but I don't keep up, in detail, with conspiracy theories.

I think the difference with the Tea Party, before it became a Social Conservative fest, was that it was principally full of working individuals and fulltime students who did not have the time to protest.

In contrast, Occupy Wallstreet seems to have a potential to mirror the Greek unrest as I suspect these unemployed protestors (I even saw a picture of a man with a sign that stated: "I left my job to come here to protest"  :shock:) will NOT be leaving anytime soon and eventually may come around to battling cops (indefinitely) in most U.S. and maybe even Canadian cities.

13. Schmon

I am part of the 99%

Even the big accounting firms will put a roof over your head and provide health benefits to anyone with basic knowledge of auditing, sure it's long work (and often overtime) but you'll make more than anyone in the service or construction industry and you'll make that wage before 30.

I guess I am a 1% Fascist...  Hmm well my Math teacher in Grade 9 was pretty Fascist on us, demanding we produce our homework assignments on time...  :neutral:  :mrgreen:
  14. Schmon

I am part of the 99%

These are not trolls or fakes,
    they were hosted on the Wallstreet.org blog section

http://www.adbusters.org/blogs?amp%3Bamp%3Bamp%3Bamp%3Bamp%3Bamp%3Bamp%3Bamp%3Bkeywords=

(about 4-8 pages in, you'll see the individually written letters).
  15. Schmon

I am part of the 99%

These people are 99% useless  :wink:
Back
Top Bottom