Recent content by SCGavin

1. SCGavin

[IG] Guard of Istiniar - A clan for Mount&Blade Warband {Closed}

IG_Battlegrounds will close on April 22!

After ten years and with the release of Bannerlord, the time has finally come to pacify the battlegrounds.

Thanks to everyone who, over the years, played on the server, helped with the administration, donated, made maps or contributed otherwise.
  2. SCGavin

We have opened applications to become an external admin on IG_Battlegrounds to all interested players. (We previously only considered applications from players we had invited to apply.)

If you are interested head over to our forums and proceed as described in this thread.
  3. SCGavin

IG_Battlegrounds Admins

We have opened applications to become an external admin to all interested players. (We previously only considered applications from players we had invited to apply.)

If you are interested head over to our forums and proceed as described in this thread.
  4. SCGavin

IG_Battlegrounds Admins

Thank you for bringing this to our attention; we will take a look at the issue and consider what to do about it.

As to our own forums: they are still being used regularly and we might see it sooner if you post there. In this case Kiron mentioned the thread, but otherwise it might have taken longer for us to reply.
  5. SCGavin

It's time for an announcement, one that some may have already anticipated! We have decided to disband our Warband branch. We will continue to exist as multi-gaming clan and some of us will be playing Warband still, but we wont compete as a team anymore. We have also closed recruitment.

It has been a great six years, thanks to everyone who has been a part of our journey!

The server will stay online for the time being, so we hope you will keep coming there to play!
  6. SCGavin

As some of you may know, we rely on donations to pay for our servers. If some of you can imagine donating, please head over to http://www.guardofistiniar.org/ and click on the donate button!
  7. SCGavin

We moved our TeamSpeak server. You now reach us at 37.120.178.66:10000.
  8. SCGavin

Scar said:
    Congratulations Guard of Istiniar, especially SCGavin for his consistent work over the years! :smile:

Thank you! :grin:
  9. SCGavin

We have decided to open our server admin team to players from outside the clan, who will be Affiliate Members of the Company and the Native Branch and help us administer the server. [Read more...]
  10. SCGavin

ReneKB said:
    As far as I understood there was already a clan (Guardianes de Iberia) which took the GI-tag on that time.

Actually the Guardianes came after us. I simply liked "IG" better than "GI". :grin:
  11. SCGavin

Bannerlord Server Management

So how do you get in?
  12. SCGavin

What the hell?? Fierdsvain has 10000 troops

Eschaton said:
    Well the problem is I have about 30 lords in my court waiting to join me, but none of them are friendly with the current lords I have, and they'll all start hating me if I do so. I don't have any more fiefs to give them either because I've given all the castles and towns to the 8 lords.

I have more lords on my side, but still the last remaining faction has more. I figured I could just take those disloyal quarrelsome lords who end up in my court and not give them any fief. That should deny their troops to the enemy and give me an extra 60/70 troops per lord. If they betray me, I'll just lose them and those troops again, but then I'm not any worse off then I was in the first place. Aside from being likely to betray you, are there any other downsides to bad-tempered lords who don't like you all that much?
  13. SCGavin

Troop Talk

I like the Barclay Sappers, too. Really good for sieges, both in defence and offence. The Barclay Heavy Footmen aren't bad either. The Ebony Gauntlet KO is quite similar in my opinion and is a good addition to Barclay troops in sieges.

I was pleasantly surprised with the performance of the Heretic Magni, they are really good cavalry. D'Shar Windriders are also quite nice. Hero Adventurers are also something to consider. Haven't seen any Doomguides yet, but I recall they were quite good four years ago and I think you can still upgrade them from Doomseekers (hard to get many of those, though).

For defensive infantry, you'd probably want something with a pike or halberd. Armoured Empire Pikemen and Sarleon Halberdiers come to mind. Can't say how well they perform, though. I haven't gotten around to using many legionaries yet, but from getting on the wrong side of them I'd say they are quite accomplished javelin throwers and have pretty strong shields. Makes them a pain to fight, but probably means they'd be an asset on your team. I guess you can use them both defensively and offensively.
  14. SCGavin

IG is on Twitter now! https://twitter.com/IG_MGC
Back
Top Bottom