Recent content by Scarf Ace

1. Scarf Ace

Recent comment by Callum spills the beans on Bannerlord combat in a really disheartening way.

First time I properly browsed these forums in bloody ages and this is what I see Anyway, I don't understand the rationale behind less combat depth. You'd think decently large, involved battles are at least 50% of what draws people to this sort of game, so deliberately limiting depth seems to me...
  2. Scarf Ace

Do people like Smithing as a concept

I like the idea of custom weapons, dislike the execution though. The grind is awful and the mechanics are meh. I made a thread where I outlined some suggestions. A simpler option would be if the player characters weren't the actual smiths, instead you could design the weapon, pay an NPC smith...
  3. Scarf Ace

Dislike the New Class System in Bannerlord Multiplayer

Did you even read any of the replies? They demonstrate that the exact opposite of the case. The meta is if anything far stricter, with very few viable options, and no real way of adjusting the options. The game is also extremely unbalanced at the moment. Newcomers on the other hand are driven...
  4. Scarf Ace

We need a Vet server

What would you do on a vet server, heal horses?
  5. Scarf Ace

To TaleWorlds

Last time I checked, you weren't a developer, and that you still haven't understood that post says a lot more about you than it says about me. Also, "soviet-bashing propaganda" - yes indeed, I do abhor genocidal regimes responsible for immesurable amounts of human suffering, like any normal...
  6. Scarf Ace

To TaleWorlds

I'm not one of those people being excessively hostile, and I always give well-reasoned feedback, which may or may not come with a snarky tone. Either way, trust me, we tried for many months to be as polite as humanly possible and have a good discussion about things, but it was Taleworlds...
  7. Scarf Ace

To TaleWorlds

First of all, everyone here who has experience with the devs knows that it's sadly the case that being cordial with them doesn't get you a response, while having a hostile tone does, especially when it comes to Callum. In fact, it's a demonstrable fact that the best way to get Callum to respond...
  8. Scarf Ace

taleworlds does not care about the experienced players multiplayer scene

The Bannerlord engine has so much potential for options that it's just mad. Between the extra item slots, the sheer number of different armour pieces, weapon crafting, there's so much stuff you could do with it that would make MP so much more dynamic and varied. He pointed out that what you...
  9. Scarf Ace

I think this is where an expanded gear system really could've been awesome. Different shields with different sizes, speeds, perhaps even different resistances to damage types if you want to go crazy. Similar for armour types. The heavier stuff doesn't always need to be more expensive. You could...
  10. Scarf Ace

Does the Bannerlord map make sense, when compared to that of Warband?

Yeah, as I said, it would make far more sense to retcon the interior sea into existence in 1257, and place the Sarranid territories on its northern coast. If we talk about this from the standpoint of a hypothetical mod, that would even mean that you could have the Sarranids as a more...
  11. Scarf Ace

Does the Bannerlord map make sense, when compared to that of Warband?

Honestly, looking at that map, it would make a similar amount of sense if Charas = Chelez and Ortysia = Shariz, although to me, the location for Shariz that would make the most sense to me is actually in the "Constantinople Spot" where the yellow and brown parts meet, especially if we don't...
  12. Scarf Ace

It's perfectly related, it's just that you didn't get it, unsurprisingly.
  13. Scarf Ace

Well it's presumably a Soviet saying because that's the sort of mentality that gives you catastrophic famines, nuclear accidents and a drained sea.
  14. Scarf Ace

Poll: Community Dedicated Servers

IMO it would be good for everyone if there was at least the option to host private, passworded servers for purposes such as modding, testing and bug replication.
  15. Scarf Ace

The way you talk about BL MP, I'd be surprised if you've played any at all.