Recent content by saxondragon

1. saxondragon

Is it possible to download an older version of the game?

this is way off. He has consistently said he wouldn't do anything less than a commercial product. Go to the PoP Facebook for more details from actual source that isn't your rear.
    Or check our discord server for more detailed system information. We are in the ending stages of the design document now. Thanks Mouse for your info and stepping up. @ xdj1nn -- The problem with modding as you have known it is that it is not sustainable. Most folks use modding as either a way to get development experience to get hired (at which case they no longer have the time to put into this) or they treat it as a hobby until it becomes apparent that it is a full time job and they bail. Only a very few folks can pour 10 to 40 hours a week into a pastime that does not bring in income. Today many folks have full time jobs and side gigs just to make ends meet. This is the reality of it.

2. saxondragon

Working on Pop II.

Working on Pop II.
  3. saxondragon

PoP planned for Bannerlord ?

@Johanno. Not directly yet. We are working on the next iteration now. Information and updates found on Facebook.
  4. saxondragon

New DLC

Well theres apparently new DLC on the way which will include new gameplay and New features. Theres a thread created in the forum specially for it. I thought many knew what I'm talking about.
    Well.. lol.. you mean the "Digital Companion"?
  5. saxondragon

What are you playing right now?

In the last 6 months these are the games I have played that I can recommend:

Cyberpunk 2077 - PC version. I am not a fan of the management decisions, but the designers, artists, coders, producers, directors, writers and actors did a superb job.

Wartales (early access - recently updated) These devs listen to the player base. Last summer I presented them with multiple design documents to improve the player experience and they implemented all of them within the next two patches. They solicited the players input and I decided to test them on their intent. I was pleasantly surprised at their responsiveness.

Empyrion - Galactic Survival (single player) Long alpha but every patch expands the game in an interesting way. Very small team, and they are not quite there yet. This has definite potential. I would still consider this an early access game.

7 days to die (early access - recently updated) Fun and well designed experience that is constantly being updated.
  6. saxondragon

Prophesy of Pendor vs Bannerlord

Actually, they did evolve into Bannerlord some key elements from POP. The most notable is the separation of regular unit troop lines with noble troop lines. The other was advancing and evolving the base concepts of Ravenstern around the Welsh/Gaelic/Scottish culture that became Battania in Bannerlord. Kilts and Longbows...

@Haphrilagos - Good analysis there. I was thinking along the same lines but giving certain NPC's and/or clans the ability to train specific troop types.

For the player, if an NPC could train say "Vlandian Sappers" then the player could promote troops into that form. This is allowed primarily because we are no longer limited by a 2 path upgrade system in Bannerlord. I have experimented and tested with up to 5 possible upgrade paths per unit and with different levels.

For NPC's either use location or clan based conditionals in order to train specific Specialty troops.

@five bucks - Good post. The current approach to companion generation, while nicely executed, does not reach the full potential for this game element. I feel if we keep an eye on what a "companion" means to the player, then we will start to see ways to more meaningfully implement systems around them that will give the player what they desire: context and meaning. For example we want companions to have personalities, goals, likes and dislikes, and during play have them act on those goals and behaviors.

I feel the ultimate goal is to create a living, breathing dynamic environment that players can interact with.. or not. A world filled with characters, events, and different influences that shape the game space uniquely every time we play. Bannerlord has the foundation for that.. like the base of a pyramid. I feel the frustration is we can "see" where and what it can evolve into, but for whatever reason, it does not reach fully into those lofty heights.
  7. saxondragon

Steam update broke modded playthroughs

Always. Hope you are doing well in general!
    Thanks for asking. Yes, keeping busy (maybe too busy tbh). How about you and the other Dev's? Keeping sane in these uncertain times?
  8. saxondragon

Yes removing butterlib and mcm, and reinstalling them fixed the issue for me.

I had one mod ‘keep wat your kill’ that required an update, but otherwise everything was ok after that.

Ps. The update via workshop didn’t fix the issue, but a reinstall via nexus did.
    (Not sure if this would apply to everyone, but it could be of help)
    This worked as I reinstalled the foundational mods that was updated via nexus. I appreciate the response. @Duh_TaleWorlds Thanks for your response as well.
  9. saxondragon

Seriously frustrated. 100+ hours in a playthrough, then today a small unannounced forced update.. and now the game will not launch with the mods. I now get to do tech support and spend hours investigating where the conflicts may be. My time more valuable spent in other efforts.
  10. saxondragon

Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord Video Review by IGN

Babelfisch is correct in a sense, and I feel he has a point that is worth exploring. New players experiencing Bannerlord will have a different experience than those who have been watching the evolution of this effort for a decade or more.

The main difference between these two groups is expectation. Those new to the game will experience it fresh with no preconceptions and likely will have a good time. To a point that is, when they realize the offering has problems and there are no unanswered questions remaining and they see how the game will turn into a grind, then they will put it down, and drift to a new product.

The folks who have been watching the development are looking at this differently. They see what it “could” become. They have experience with mods and other lines of thought and clearly see the “White spaces” during play that could be expanded upon to give players a full and challenging experience lasting for hundreds if not thousands of hours of engagement.

A living breathing game environment with NPC’s that make sense and have unique goals or plots that bring intrigue and life into the experience at the lord and family level not just the kingdom/culture level. Companions that have goals and quests and problems and integrate into the game itself with their unique abilities and perspectives. Lore that gives context to everything and sets up never ending unanswered questions so that every playthrough delivers a unique set of challenges and experiences.

Madvader is absolutely correct when he states that you must play the game to find out what is fun about it, and more importantly, what is not fun or challenging. Somewhere along the development process, as we all know, the vision either was not the same as the player base, or the vision was lost in the complexity of development.

@froggyluv.. don’t let anyone question the value of your contribution to PoP with the voice acting. You were excellent and I still smile when I hear your voice.
  11. saxondragon

Warband Script Enhancer 2 (v1.1.2.0)

Encountering a bit of an odd issue on Prophesy of Pendor, I am gaining weapon proficiencies way too quickly. Worth adding is that the save I'm playing on is imported from normal Warband.
    Not compatible... you will have and experience many issues.
  12. saxondragon

How quickly do minor factions (Jatu specifically) recover from obliterated status?

No effect. We check to see if it is possible (by faction strength) for a spawn to happen. After that we check for individual spawns, which player actions can increase.

This is an interesting system as it creates ebbs and flows of factional strength and amount of factional spawns. The more spawns on the map, that increase factional strength, the more likely (to a spawn maximum) spawns will occur. They get beaten up and it lessens the chance of future spawns.
  13. saxondragon

How quickly do minor factions (Jatu specifically) recover from obliterated status?

As I recall (It has been >10 years) the mechanic works like this:

We start with a strength number, I believe it is 50. This number is a % chance that is checked if any given spawn is queued to spawn. If the rnd (1-100) is less than this strength value the spawn occurs. If it occurs, then there is a value that is added to that faction strength number.

Example a Jatu Warband has a strength of 5 for example. When the player, and only the player, engages that spawn, the strength number is reduced by 1-3 points greater than the strength add given the spawn (depending on the size of the spawn). If an NPC kills the spawn, the strength reduction is the same as the spawns add. Thus in our Jatu warband example, it is spawned and the Jatu have a strength of 55. The player eliminates it, and the Jatu strength goes down to 49. If an NPC eliminates it, the strength goes to 50 where it started.

There is a possibility that the faction can come back, though it is low.. and there also is a possibility that the faction is forever defeated and their strength dipped to negative numbers in which case nothing will ever spawn.

Leave them alone, keep their spawns alive and hope that their strength is around 2 or 3.
  14. saxondragon

PoP planned for Bannerlord ?

Hi Skoonting. No, we have not reached out yet as we need some semblance of a design document to present and have a realistic discussion around. Realistically until Bannerlord's features are truly set in stone, creation of a design document would be futile as there are significant features that would need to be changed, and/or designed and implemented. What are they? I do not know. No one does. The answer is "it depends". Think of it like remodeling a house when the house is still being built. You have to wait to see what the builders create before you can gain a sense of what needs to be done. There are costs involved with this; time costs and real costs. What are those costs? Depends upon what needs to be done.
  15. saxondragon

[MODDING] Prophesy of Pendor Tweaks and Talk

There is another possibility here. Set the upgrade path for the various recruits to flow into the Pendor troop tree. So, if you get Fierdsvain recruits, one of the upgrade options is a Pendor Recruit.
Back
Top Bottom