Recent content by Sarkiss

1. Sarkiss

Taleworlds, please fix the loot!

agreed with th op. loot is one of the most fun aspects of the game for me. i have a house rule that all of my party's equipment comes from the loot. it makes you want to fight different types of bandits and factions/cultures too, because you get all that variety. with the later patches though, i noticed some issues. i.e. no river bandits chain mail drops at all even when they have quite a proportion of bandits wearing them. afaik, there was a bug in warband when you will not get a decent loot if the soldier that happens to get killed first in a battle is of low tier. not sure if this issue affects the bannerlord or it was just deliberately nerfed. but yeah, the scarcity is disappointing.
  2. Sarkiss

Observations from an old hand

I have a fief that I don't visit. It has a prosperity of 3000 and I don't know if that's good or bad. It seems to run itself just fine. I have no idea what it is that prosperity, loyalty or security actually do - the game doesn't communicate it, and I never seem to be put into any position where I have to worry about it. When the game has underlying complexity that the player is supposed to pay attention to, it needs to somehow be communicated to the player.
    spot on observation. max everything up through the 'dead' fief menu and say good bye to it (occasionally return to fight a siege, if you manage to get inside on time, that is). i started playing the original back when it was 0.7x. remember was so hyped when lords' capture was added in... but yeah, those days were filled with the expectations of what the game could become but it was through the mods and Brytenwalda-developed Viking Conquest that things were really pushed to the new level. I do hope it isnt going to be the case again.

Also, the way wars are declared makes no sense...Vlandia (western most kingdom) declaring war on Khuzait (eastern most kingdom). They can't even SEE each other. How? Why? Usually wars come from border clashes or land grabs or something.
    couldn't agree more. parties crossing half a map to attack a faction is just wrong. there have to be other, more plausible ways to stir the gameworld into action than this nonsensical campaigns.
  3. Sarkiss

End Game or would it be Whac-A-Mole?

late game is severely underdeveloped, do not even go there.:grin: simply isn't worth the time. you cannot distribute fiefs, give own fiefs away/take over ones you desire, cannot use diplomacy, subject to random endless war-peace cycles with enemy lords you just defeated spawning new armies two days later (whack-a-mole indeed) etc. unfortunately you generally get to decide very little, most of the features are flying on autopilot, i.e. dont have a say in a lord being ransomed, it just happens, as pretty much everything else.

as of now, the game is best enjoyed in early-mid campaign imho, anything past that ends in frustration as you lack basic means of kingdom management atm.
  4. Sarkiss

Impossible Lord Recruiting

yes, its one of the patches that was meant to have made things more challenging, i believe, but instead made it impossible. what i think thety could do to rectify situation a little is to allow one more party once you hit clan level 5 so you've got one more army in the field without having to rely on treacherous lords so heavily. also, would be fantastic if commands could be added to companion parties - basic things such as 'garrison here', 'patrol there' etc. this would go a long way in making things more reasonable and manageable, giving a player more options and control.
  5. Sarkiss

Less Rushed

agreed. slowing everything down will do this game good. and bring finances back to weekly rather than daily schedule. feels like too much is happening too fast - the never ending battles, the war and peace cycles without sufficient respite etc, with lots of features on autopilot i.e. dont have a say in ransoming of lords, no diplomacy to declare war/sue for peace apart from bribes etc. and please bring back the linkage between battles and relations with the lords involved.
  6. Sarkiss

Can anyone rescue prisoners with Beta 1.3.0?

Usually, when you defeated an enemy party you can recruit from their prisoner pool. But in my new un-modded campaign with the new beta 1.3, it seems that I cannot do that anymore, although I did see AI parties doing that. And when I tried to opt out of the Beta and load my 1.3 save file, the game crashes. Anybody else has this problem?
    yep, same here, the only option to obtain troops is recruitment. trying to revert to main version of the game causes crashes, so kind of stuck with the buggy beta:sad:
  7. Sarkiss

Patch Notes e1.2.0 & Beta e1.3.0

Beta e1.3.0:
    1. cannot incorporate the prisoners of a defeated lord into my party. they simply arent there. still take his wounded soldiers as prisoners but dont receive any of the troop from his prison train.

2. after being besieged if enemy retreats and you choose to remain in the settlement and later try to leave it you get teleported to the location of the leader of the army that was besieging you, which could be and miles miles away.

EDIT: can we please have a say in whether the captured lords get ransomed? the old Warband style, so you have so control over it please? right now everything is on autopilot, cannot make war nor peace and cannot even choose whether to keep some nasty lords captive for a little longer.
  8. Sarkiss

Garrisons and Food, how do you maintain it?

I've adapted to only put a max of 50 men in the garrison and it is never a long term fix, the standard is 30 and i take them out to buff my army when depleted. but yeah, essentially, no garrison is a new norm. and i only place tier 1 and 2 units there, anything above and you risk it melting away before you know it so not worth it.

btw, why dont they just rename 'prosperity' into 'population' if thats what it is?
  9. Sarkiss

Patch Notes e1.0.11 / Beta Hotfix

i cant launch the game after the beta hotfix was released (e1.0.11 / Beta Hotfix). New menu says 'resume campaign' instead of 'saved games' and when you click on it the game freeezes and then there is M&B crash log window pops out. tried to revert back to 1.0.10 to no avail. even opting out of beta all together has no effect, same thing happens when trying to 'resume campaign'. verified integrity of game files on steam, all good there but the save wont launch. if it helps, im on W7, new game started with the beta (1.0.10). any ideas?

nvm, opting into 1.1.0 fixed it
  10. Sarkiss

Bannerlord SP First Reactions: Megathread

Hi all. not sure you fellas figured this out already, but i spent literally hours raoming the map looking for the missing companions. to the point where i simply quit the game thinking to come back to it another day.
    anyhow, a quick guide here, hope its useful to some of you:
  11. Sarkiss

Right click to rotate my dood
    thanks a lot! i tried holding mouse wheel and rotating, that didnt do anything. will give it a go, thanks again!
  12. Sarkiss

Login failed

So far a bad harvesting season.
    :LOL:
    same here, W7, 64 bits. btw, has anyone tried disabling VPN (assuming you have it), may that help?
    Hope they'll fix it soon, i have no intention of moving to W10.
  13. Sarkiss

I loved it! I think that riding and generally controls and combat feel more fluid and natural, not as boxed in, easily controllable as in Warband.

A question though, how can you rotate the camera on campaign map? I'm used to rotating it all the time for a better viewing angle but cannot seem to do it here, pushing mouse cursor to the sides of the screen doesn't work, nor does Q, E keys.:confused: any ideas?
  14. Sarkiss

SP Medieval [WB] 1257 AD - Enhanced Edition

thanks a lot for the patch. started a new game as king of England. apparently i own some land in the middle east, in three settlements there. thats ok though, will assume uncle Richard acquired some during his adventures. :lol:

my minister is a faceless men, it seems. he changes his face each time i go to talk to him. constantly encountering 'a stranger' in your court kinda kills immersion. maybe reintroduce the option to change him for a companion, or fix the face issue (or both)?

anyway, thanks again for the upgrade.
  15. Sarkiss

SP Medieval [WB] 1257 AD - Enhanced Edition

does changing towns' culture supposed to change the selection of the troops you get in the tavern? if so, it probably doesnt work. i took towns from the muslims in southern Spain and converted culture to Iberian (from Andalusian) but still get muslim troops in the taverns. that was a couple of in-game weeks ago, still no change to the mercenaries there.
Back
Top Bottom