Recent content by Sarado

1. Sarado

[BoP: 1910] BoP: Europe 1910 - Introduction/Application Thread

So. That 1910 died a long time ago is probably pretty obvious to everyone. My refusal to admit so is the only reason I never officially declared it, and there was no reason to preach an accepted reality anyway.

I underestimated the workload of TaleWorlds BoP and overestimated my ability to handle it (a reality that catches every host sooner or later, I believe, regardless of how many BoPs they have already hosted. Ambition gets the better of you.) Preventing the BoP from ballooning was particularly difficult for me.

For a start, extending it to the rest of the world was never intended.
    Also, where I come from, players never received significant player-specific reports handcrafted just for them. Everything significant was laid out in the global report available to everybody, and results of orders mailed to the host were processed by the host and the results just given to the player without a big parade. Which does make hosting a game with 20+ players a whole lot easier, but also less engaging for the players. Certainly when compared, anyway. I think it's also partly a different philosophy. Whereas BoPs on TaleWorlds seem to be about world-building just as much as player-interaction; BoPs on War of Rights/Flying Squirrel were mainly about player-interaction, diplomacy and warfare. That's also one of the reasons why it included 20+ players and no "AI" to speak of. With a large number of players comes a lot of interaction.
    With 1910, I tried to fuse both. But it ballooned too much.

Now, with a bit more time on my hands, I would like to give this another try. But different this time. I would prefer moving away from TW-Philosophy and toward WoR/FSE-Philosophy. Meaning that reports are stripped down to technical information and events are mainly touched on in the global report. With the aim being that the narrative is driven mainly by the players via their public and private interaction. This allows me to maintain the same number of players while ensuring a faster-than-usual process time. This, in turn, allows players to be more active and more engaged. You will be writing less to the host and more to your fellow players. I understand that this is a change from how things are usually done around here, but I would encourage you to give it a try. It's certainly different, but not inherently worse.

The significant question I wish to ask is: Should 1910 be reanimated and picked up where it was left off or would a clean start be preferable?

If it was restarted, I would maintain the same period, but probably push the start date back to 1901, just after the death of Victoria. While technology and culture are largely the same, I believe this provides even more space for alternate history than the 1910 start date. If this proves unpopular, though, maintaining a start date in 1910 would be the way forward.

Or, we can continue the "current" 1910 game. However, I would only wish to do this if the majority of players that participated in that BoP were willing to do so. I see little reason in finding new players to replace potentially major players and instruct them about events that lay so far in the past. It had an interesting story so far, and it would be unfortunate to see it discarded. In any case, there will probably be changes to the game mechanics, but for now, this is merely about checking whether there is any will to do this at all.

Is there interest? If so, what's your pick?
  2. Sarado

D&D: Barbarians of Lemuria

giphy.gif
  3. Sarado

Balance of Power: 860 Main Thread

Poor dairy management  :iamamoron:
  4. Sarado

rsz_200px-arms_of_aquitaine_and_guyennesvg.png

The King of Aquitaine

Introduction of Identification Symbols

Hear ye, hear ye; for His Majesty, King Charles of Aquitaine has declared the introduction of a new Royal marker for purposes of identification, guided by his shrewd administrative skill and foresightedness. A new symbol consisting out of a red-coloured shield carrying a golden lion, as depicted upon this declaration, has been designed by finest artists in the Kingdom. This symbol will represent the King, his court and realm henceforth and is to be used in all matters of state. This is to signal the legitimacy and authenticity of documentation and to validate their origin. Illegitimate and unauthorised use of this sigil by third persons is strictly prohibited and punishable by death. Rulers of foreign realms receiving correspondence of supposed Aquitanian origin not bearing this sigil from this point onward should consider it void, as it has not been conceived by either the King or his advisors.

The Prince Guard is to be dressed in armour bearing this new Royal sigil to represent their fealty to the monarch and decree their authority as a representative of the King. His Majesty's loyal vassals are called upon to introduce similar symbols of their own, forming a new system of 'heraldry' as the Royal court has named this new convention.
  5. Sarado

I do not think that other countries should have an idea of the size of the population and let alone the armies of other rulers; when that would probably be information not accurately available to even the respective rulers themselves in this day and age.
  6. Sarado

Balance of Power: Vikings Sign-Up Thread

It sure will be by the time I'm done.
  7. Sarado

Balance of Power: Vikings Sign-Up Thread

1. The Papal States
    2. East Francia
    3. Aquitaine

Previous BoP experience: Several others on a different forum, Hosting 1910 with moderate success :iamamoron:
  8. Sarado

[General] BoP Main Thread: Host Pixel

BUT THE TREBUCHETS
  9. Sarado

But can he launch a 90kg projectile over 300 meters?
  10. Sarado

1. Silk Road because trebuchets
    2. Vikings
    3. Meso

At any rate, though, I'll probably remain at the sidelines until the European theatre is added to Silk Road.

HRE or Pope is mine, fite me.
  11. Sarado

[BoP: 1910] Balance of Power: Europe 1910 - Game Thread

h5KZPzU.png

96onEH5.jpg

This is not an update and the game is still locked for processing, this is merely a small notification about an on-going event, the further happenings of which will be detailed in the actual update
  12. Sarado

Roccoflipside said:
    Is it dead?  :ohdear:

Honestly, I mostly just want to know if I get my dreadnought yet  :iamamoron:

giphy.gif
  13. Sarado

People, your research and industrial projects are not finished unless I explicitly state that they are, e.g in bold capitals below them.

I've seen wording that I can only interpret as thinking your project is finished. If it doesn't say "This project is completed", then it is isn't done yet.
  14. Sarado

[BoP: 1910] Balance of Power: Europe 1910 - Game Thread

THREAD LOCKED -- PROCESSING PHASE (ALMOST)

No further posting henceforth - else I will make good on my asteroid threat​
  15. Sarado

Due to numerous requests, we'll extend the order deadline for, say, two days.

This extension only applies to order writing, diplomacy and other interactions (including replies) from this point onwards are not covered and null & void.

tenor.gif
Back
Top Bottom