Recent content by samoja

1. Alright, you ingrates. Sherriff's in town.

op "give me attention" everybody else "lets give him attention" *faceplam*
    Hey, we're just having a bit of fun with the village idiot here.
  2. Alright, you ingrates. Sherriff's in town.

There's been a whole lot of piling up on the guy. He says he doesn't care, but I think it reflects poorly on this forum.

Some people seem to want this to be the bad side of Reddit.
    Nobody likes being talked down to, the OP brought it on himself.
  3. Alright, you ingrates. Sherriff's in town.

Leaked, real picture of the OP.

29e.jpg
  4. Last patch feature, lords selling loot to merchants

Think this will be really interesting stuff, especially if they sell to both villages and towns. Early game it's quite possible two well trained lordly armies clash and the winner sells a bunch of high level items to a nearby village. If done right it's quite possible you would find excellent...
  5. Should Recruits Change Culture to the Occupying Faction's?

I'll say no, trough our RL history we saw that it takes a long ass time for the conquered culture to adopt the conqueror's culture, and more often then not it turns out to be more of a merger then straight up adoption.Romans used auxiliary system for this exact reason, different cultures had different traditions, it's hard to take a Gaul and make him into a legionary but Gauls were excellent cavalry so Romans used them in this capacity for a very long time.
  6. CPU not strong enough to run the game, options.

Overclocking strains your CPU, It may burn out your hardware if you don't have enough cooling. Sometimes you can still run a game on the hardware that is under spec but it's kinda risky and i don't think it will work with the game in this stage of development. I suggest patience, i know it's a tall order but the game is not going anywhere, when you have enough money to buy second hand components the game will still be there, and probably a lot more polished, balanced and with more features then it is today.
  7. "...sold over a million copies in less than 7hours..." is this true?

Warband was insanely popular for an indie game, with the bank they make on Bannerlord i would not be surprised if TW moves into AAA category.
  8. random and helpfull questions for newcomers ,veterans please leave comment

I don't think there are any veterans atm considering the game just came out and it keeps changing, unless you count people who playerd other M&B games before, but for Bannerlord we're all newbs.
  9. Loosing cavalry should yield horses

Agreed, the horses shouldn'r just go poof.
  10. SP - Battles & Sieges Does anyone else think spears are utterly useless?

It's because AI in Bannerlord is suicidal kinda, IRL you don't survive a spear thrust to the face, meaning that, if you have a shorter weapon you have a problem, you want to rush the spearman so you can attack but you are in range of his weapon a lot sooner then he is in range of yours, and if he is good with his spear he can trust it at you before you can get to him, also he will try to keep you at range. IRL spears were main combat weapon for generations because of this very fact, but in Bannerlord(and all other M&B games) the AI will just rush you like a maniac, caring nothing for his safety, and that means you only have a short window of opportunity to use your spear before he gets too close, can't shorten it either, IRL you can grab the spear closer to the tip and fight quite effectively even when the enemy gets close(though sidearms are better) but not in Bannerlord.
  11. Does the Bannerlord map make sense, when compared to that of Warband?

It's fine, Bannerlord may be a prequel of sorts but chaining it to preestablished concepts too strongly would just detract from the quality, Bannerlord needs to stand on it's own two feet. And either way wee can safely assume Bannerlord is sort of like a parallel universe to Warband, rather then straight prequel, it's a "what if" scenario in which Calradia is united a century or so earlier then in prime(Warband) timeline, which shakes up the whole premise of warband. Personally i hope TW will give us a remastered version of Warband in Bannerlord engine. Not that the gameplay would be much different(and god knows that the story in Warband was never really, well, there) but still it would be fun to be able to have different starting dates(kinda like in CK2) and remastered Warband would be a good starting point for that.
  12. Why factions snowball? Realistic behavior in unrealistic environment.

I think the biggest issue is, at least in my game, kingdoms are always at war with each other. I joined a kingdom as soon as I hit clan level 2 and that kingdom was at war with another kingdom even before I joined. Many in game years have passed yet they still haven't made peace. You can't even suggest them to make peace using your influence. That option is grayed out. My guess is, they will fight until one of them simply disappears.

Even in Warband, kingdoms would make peace after a period of fighting. This is why snowballing would take a lot of time. It wasn't like in Bannerlord, where I am sure same two kingdoms will keep fighting until one of them is completely gone and the winner will immediately start fighting another kingdom.

Correct me if I am wrong, but in Warband, losing kingdom would send peace offers and winning kingdom would sometimes accept, I doubt this is happening in Bannerlord, because they always fight until they die out.

This is a weak point of Bannerlord. AI doesn't know how to surrender. You can have a 500 man army and fight against a group of 5 but they are not smart enough to be scared, you can shout "SURRENDER OR DIE" again and again, but they will threaten you and still try to fight you. It is ridiculous.

I think the line of thinking behind it was "i have the advantage, why should i stop", it's certainly what the player would do, let's face it, as soon as you get your own kingdom in Warband it's just one war after another with barely enough time to garrison the conquered holdings, mainly because the AI will declare war on you for being unworthy to rule, and straight at the point when they recognize you are worthy to rule they start declaring war on you to curb your expansion. Issue seems to be that in Bannerlord every AI will do what the player in Warband would do, and get treated accordingly, if they are winning why should they stop, if they are loosing they may want a truce but if they can't turn the tide(which, for reasons mentioned in the OP is difficult, since loosing one or two holdings will cripple any faction) there is no reason for the enemy to accept. Its very logical really, under the circumstances, the machine is not broken is what i'm saying, it's doing the logical thing, but in the process the player is cut out of the loop.
  13. Why factions snowball? Realistic behavior in unrealistic environment.

So yeah, i have been thinking about this issue a bit lately, this is not just Bannerlord issue, but it got exacerbated because the AI is not dumb anymore. One can imagine, if this kingdoms and empires existed for generations, that there is a pretty strong stalemate between them. Even in Warband...
  14. Sieges battles are easy and boring, here's my suggestions

Yeah, no fire arrows, anyone who think a flaming arrow can light something like a siege tower on fire obviously never tried to light a fire in their life. It's hard to set wood alight even under best of circumstances, much less if the defenders specifically do whatever they can to stop you from doing it.
Back
Top Bottom