Recent content by Safety_Tree

1. Safety_Tree

Ways to counter Rambo Cav?

Go play skirmish and learn how to block. Should solve the problem
    Or learn to read and realize we’re talking about an AI issue.
  2. Safety_Tree

As a 250-330 ping player player depending on server I pretty much have to work along side my ai to beat quality Rambos. A few good tricks are mostly to do with using the environment, setting up your men with backs to a building is good because it limits the angle the cav can attack from because of fear of hitting the wall and rearing themselves and they can't use couch effectively. There is only 1 location where your can't do this at c flag in jawali, but b and a on that map are both really good for it. f1f3 at last second in a short burst when the cav is coming in and then bring them quickly back to position ready for the next pass, as the captain stay with your men, predict the side the cav will pass on and be there to pressure them to turn to close to your men or make them give up the charge.

Imo light pike inf suck, they are too slow at turning and always seem to be busy looking elsewhere lol heavy inf with spears is the way to go if you want to be prepared for Rambo. Also if you take light pike inf sand the Rambo decides to not pick cav your a liability for your team with your unit choice

B at jawali there is a tight spot between a building and a tent, cram your men in there and this gives the Rambo a really hard time getting an angle, if they come in they usually hit an object or one of your spears. It's also the best place to put your non spear (2h especially) inf if your defending from Rambo for the same reason. Any horses that get caught up there are as good as dead. Look for similar crammed areas or slim choke points to further reduce the Rambos angles on other maps
    Got it, so take advantage of bottlenecks and hard walls. Thank you!
  3. Safety_Tree

Can you link something that comes from the devs? I would really like to know what exactly is planned.
    I can imagine something like a respawn time that prevents players from treating their troops just as respawns.

For Spear infantry I've had good experiences with circle formation(no unprotected ends) and charge command short before the connect. This messes up the attackers spacing a bit and most importantly allows npc's to surround and punish the enemy.

For archers on the other hand circle leads to a lot of team kills. Best I've found is anti cav arrows, and fix direction to prevent unnecessary movement when the cav circles.
    Yeah, with archers my best results thus far have been to line them up in “battery” formation and spacing on a hill so they fire over each other while being tight enough to stop any AI cav, but it just straight up doesn’t stop Rambo.
  4. Safety_Tree

From my personal experience, I've had a decent amount of success by having a heavy or medium infantry be equipped with a spear and using the Loose formation when moving from point to point.
    Yeah, it helps a little to have the armor but it the AI still don’t fight back.
  5. Safety_Tree

1. git good
    It’s not a matter of “getting good” if the AI can’t react in time or at all. What exactly was the point of giving a needlessly spiteful “troll” response?
  6. Safety_Tree

How does one counter this? Two separate times today alone I’ve seen solo cav wipe out entire PIKE formations without any loss, once with Vlandia, then with Khuzaits. It’s absolutely insane for this even to be a thing in the first place, and more or less equates to scoring a goal in soccer...
  7. Safety_Tree

Bannerlord online more toxic than chernobyl

Dunno man I wouldn't like glowing trees growing from Bannerlord servers, they're ****ty already.
    I don’t glow.
  8. Safety_Tree

Loving the Skirmishing Unit Changes!

Not a huge change in that it was always the worst skirmisher, but now several other skirmishers are very good.
    Especially the wildings. Holy mother of trees it feels almost as good as the SP version now.
  9. Safety_Tree

Loving the Skirmishing Unit Changes!

Even if nobody else turns out to agree with me, I just want to say I absolutely love the changes to throwing weapon classes! I’ve been playing them nonstop all evening and it has been an absolute blast. (Although I’m curious as to why the brigand saw so little change.) The new perks that allow...
  10. Safety_Tree

Profanity filter …

I’m just gonna add that I can’t say “horsemen” because it contains “semen”.

Can’t say “among” because of “mong”.

But at least I can say “goddamn” as much as I please, right? Because that makes sense and is consistent.
  11. Safety_Tree

Yeah, this nonsense has finally gotten to where I’m just going to have to take a vacation of sorts from Bannerlord on the whole. This game, even when I’m performing at my best and winning, frustrates me primarily due to nonstop garbage human interactions. Bought No Man’s Sky on recommendation from my younger brothers.
    Recent notable three example matches in summary:

1. Battania v. Sturgia (Skirmish)
    First round loss, teammate ragequits and is never replaced. Enemy team proceeds to hound and camp the spawn ramps the next three rounds and taunt us as if they’re executing a Heinz Guderian-tier master plan.

2. Khuzait v. Empire (Captain)
    All three rounds lost to 6-stack legionary rushes, In all three rounds, all enemy commanders initial characters survive with minimal losses and having eliminated the entire Khuzait force. Two Khuzait captains rage quit after flinging expletives in all directions. A third captain is kicked for AFKing two rounds in a row.

3. Empire v. Vlandia (Captain)
    Second lowest scoring Captain proceeds to wait in spawn idly because the rest of the team didn’t “follow his orders”. Those who call him out are repeatedly teamkilled, and no time is left to kick him before the game ends abruptly with a server crash late in the third round.

I probably won’t come back. I had a genuinely more pleasurable human experience in old school Counterstrike and LoL than I’ve had in Bannerlord. I expect many others will similarly leave MP if not the game as a whole, especially during the holiday season as some fresh meat comes in only to be essentially punished for their purchase.
  12. Safety_Tree

toxic from the beginning and only about 30 psychos remain
    And six of those psychos are me.
  13. Safety_Tree

On Ammo Choices and Hidden Values

What do you mean better performance? IIRC barbed arrows have a damage increase yes, just look at the stats they are almost always correct.
    I mean they absolutely destroy any and everything at all ranges, far more so than it’s anti-cavalry perk name and bonus would suggest. Even picking the unnamed “better ammo” perks still pale in comparison to barbed arrows.
  14. Safety_Tree

On Ammo Choices and Hidden Values

Hey there, I've noticed that, oddly enough, the choice for archers that offers barbed arrows seems to consistently give me the best overall performance, even compared to perk options that explicitly say "Grants better Ammo", whether that option be the headshot bonus or the accuracy period...
  15. Safety_Tree

Sturgia Customization is Lacking

Yeah not sure if we will change any defaults, but I already found a few new items for the knight so no worries. This will all wait until after the combat stuff though.
    That was fast. Admirable diligence you've got there.
Back
Top Bottom