Recent content by Rydell

1. Rydell

[Tool] TpacTool - An unofficial asset explorer [0.4.0]

Finally some good news
  2. Rydell

[BL] Post & Find Mod Ideas

How about a button for companions that equips best possible gear for them from the inventory based on their skills. Because it's a chore to look through what's best for them and equip such gear.
    So if a companion is good at throwing and two handed, when I click the button they get best avaible armor + 2h sword + 3x javelins.
  3. Rydell

Why Do We All Have Fake Names?

Now that's a good april fools joke
  4. Rydell

What Mods would you like to be made?

I'm a simple man:
    1. Combat Fixes based on Noudelle posts
    2. AI Fixes based on multiple posts
    3. Warband's Multiplayer Weapon Menu

Ah and ofcourse Butter as throwable weapon
  5. Rydell

Well, that's unusual.

6. Rydell

Particle Problem

burspa said:
    #num particles is per second(I think it's slightly faster to for add new? Untested). So particle_system_add_new will spawn a whole bunch as you found out.

You can use particle_system_burst (particle_system_burst, "psys_", pos, 1), <- this last number is the total amount of particles to spawn. In this case 1.

Ok so now say you wanted to work out how to make an effect last 3 seconds.
    If your particle system #num parrticles is 2 per second, then bursting (particle_system_burst, "psys_", pos, 6). 6 total particles will take 3 seconds to end.

Hope that makes sense
    That totally does make sense and fixes my issue! Thank you very much!
    It did not know that "1" in "particle_system_burst, "psys_", pos, 1" represents amount to spawn, and had this set to 75. I thought it represents the alpha opacity.
    Thanks again!
  7. Rydell

Particle Problem

Hey! Recently I wanted to make Lightning Strike particle but I have small issue. The Particle just keeps spawning and spawning with about 0.1sec intervals for about 10 seconds in same place. I set only 1 particle, and life is set to 0.1. How could I fix this The code looks like this    ...
  8. Rydell

How to enable double sided faces for models in warband?

Adorno said:
    Have you tried adding backfaces in OpenBRF?
    (Right click model > Backfacing faces > add)
    Thank you!
    That's what I was looking for!
  9. Rydell

How to enable double sided faces for models in warband?

I want to create head piece - Blindfold. The issue is faces are invisible from the inside. https://imgur.com/wFtvKKA The model is supposed to look like this: https://p3d.in/ukjeI How can I fix this? (Copy and paste links cause I can't hyperlink them.)
  10. Rydell

Particle Effects

burspa said:
    You can add your own particles. You just have to do it using the warband system.

All a particle system does is really efficiently spawn and destroy the same mesh as many times as you tell it to. (tho its slightly more complicated than that)

The meshes usually have some form of transparency to blend well. Look up prt_mesh_fire_1 in the particles_2.brf its a really great example. Pay attention to its material and transparency settings.

Each mesh that is spawned by the particle system is then controlled by a number of variables in the particle system code, including but not limited to: color, gravity, transparency, rotation, velocity(world), time alive, emit box size, etc. When you combine all these variables and particle meshes together. You get effect that you want.

Thanks! I guess I kinda understand most of the things you talk about but I still have no clue how the whole process goes. Maybe you have a tutorial explaining things. How to implement them to openbrf and how to set them up. I don't want to overuse your kindness.

11. Rydell

Particle Effects

burspa said:
    How to add them: Use module_particle_system.py-  each particle system points to a mesh to spawn, can be any shape or size, but usually its just a billboard mesh.
    How to attach them to items: Use module_items.py -
    Code:
    ["torch",         "Torch", [("club",0)], itp_type_one_handed_wpn|itp_primary, itc_scimitar, 11 , weight(2.5)|difficulty(0)|spd_rtng(95) | weapon_length(95)|swing_damage(11 , blunt) | thrust_damage(0 ,  pierce),imodbits_none,
     [(ti_on_init_item, [(set_position_delta,0,60,0),(particle_system_add_new, "psys_torch_fire"),(particle_system_add_new, "psys_torch_smoke"),(set_current_color,150, 130, 70),(add_point_light, 10, 30),
    ])]],

The important stuff here is (set_position_delta,0,60,0),(particle_system_add_new, "psys_torch_fire")- which will attach a particle system from  module_particle_system
    You can also use (particle_system_burst, "psys_your_particle", pos2, 1), which bursts a total amount of particles and a position you have.

Limits are: normal processing limits dont spawn too many. Hard coded randomization for vector speeds and rotations. Limited Vector control (world position only).

Trails- there are no trail renderers. If you attach a particle system to an object and the object is moving tho, a particle trail will be created if that's what you mean.

You cant use any system external to mount and blade to create particles. Although if you know what you're doing I guess you could bake particles to textures.

For advice on starting out- I suggest start by modifying the torch item slightly and see what happens. Then try modifying the torch_fire particle system and see what happens. Then try creating your own particle system. Then try creating your own mesh. Then try attaching your particle system to items and scene props.

Thank you for detailed explenation, I'll test this out. So if I understand correctly, I can use only hard coded particles? I can't add new ones.
  12. Rydell

Particle Effects

burspa said:
    Yeah you can do some pretty great custom particles using the system.
    Kind of a wide topic tho. What exactly do ya want to do and I'll point ya in the right direction?

Well, tbh I'd like to learn everything about particles.
    How can I add them, what is the limitation, can trails be implemented, would houdini particles work, if not what other program particles would work etc.
    I'm planning on doing models with particle effects, for example hammer with lighting particles around it. Or bomb with smoke on fuse.

Thank you in advance.
  13. Rydell

Particle Effects

Is there a way in warband to add custom particle effects? How can I add particle effects to a weapon, for example torch.
Back
Top Bottom