Recent content by rudelumber

1. [Suggestion] For Seiges to be..."Progressive" such as Battlefield 1942

Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Enemy Territory had capturable spawn flags. The attacking team would have to touch a flag in order to capture the spawn for themselves as well as prevent the defending team from spawning there. The defending team would then spawn at another location. On same maps, teams would have multiple useful spawnpoints simultaneously, so players were given the ability to select between them. Not all spawns were capturable. I think such an idea would work well in warband, especially in siege.
  2. [Suggestion] New Music + Gameplay Sounds Before Release

Yeah the directional sound is complete crap, in my experience. It is often impossible to determine where a sound is supposed to be originating from. As well, footsteps are still too quiet.  I'm really tired of getting ganked from behind because I don't hear a person/horse coming. Yes, even horses. The sound issues are pretty much the only game issues that can cause me to ragequit =P
  3. Gameplay mode polish needed before release

A lot of good suggestions. Few of my thoughts:

-Fight and Destroy and Battle seem very redundant. Gametypes are too similar.

-In round based modes, I feel that a 'buy time' ala counterstrike would be greatly beneficial. If you are the last one alive, or are killed to end the round, there is no time to shuffle your troop type or equipment. Not a huge deal, but a cavalry player can be quite some distance away from the start point in the time it takes one to upgrade equipment. This is a definite disadvantage for staying alive until round's end.
  4. Changes to Manual Block

Eogan said:
    Instead of "there is no block", left block should stop the sword in that situation.

Agree with this. A right block definitely shouldn't work in this case, but it makes sense intuitively that a block to the left of the player could stop an attack.
  5. [Issue] quiet sounds leading to gankage from behind

Glad I'm not the only one, lol
  6. [Issue] quiet sounds leading to gankage from behind

I'm pretty positive everyone ever has run into this problem before.  Basically, getting killed from behind.  I know what you're thinking. Situational awareness! Learn 2 play! All well and good but I think it ignores the real problem, and that is the sound. Disclaimer: I've played on multiple...
  7. Incorrect or No Serial Key problems!

Khalid ibn Walid said:
    Update:
    and Warband is reading M&B key?

I believe so. I uninstalled regular M&B, installed warband, went into regedit and ADDED the serial_key value for m&b and when I started WARBAND it did not ask me to enter the serial.  I haven't checked if the 'incorrect serial' message still appears yet though.

8. unable to connect to activation server

Got a key yesterday, installed today. I enter my serial into the launcher and get the 'unable to connect to activation server' message.  Anyone else having this problem? Is the server down?
  9. High-res renders: Zendar

okay I want my game to look like that :p
  10. Arrows and bolts not registering as a hit

I have noticed arrows not registering in sieges. I have the native battlesize maxed.
  11. To reiterate, sieges suck.

I have to agree with a lot of what has been said thus far. The game is excellent -- there isn't anything else like it. I've long wished there was an MMO with this type of manual-combat model, though with perhaps more animations, etc. However, combat MUST remain the first priority. Without solid battlefield experiences, this game is nothing. It is that very experience that is being threatened. The AI needs work, sieges are broken, autocalc needs tweaking, the battle command interface needs more depth, etc. I hope they can get it done, but as someone said earlier, their priorities seem to be skew with respect to the real essence of the game.
  12. To reiterate, sieges suck.

vonBlood said:
    Sieges could be improved, that's for sure.  But lighten up, have you played anything better?  Seriously.  How about some more ideas on improving sieges and less *****ing?  I ran into a similiar situation, and having more patience than the original poster, I didn't stick my head out to get it obviously shot off, did what I could to order an effective counter-strategy (mainly repositioning my archers on walls and towers with better view).

furthermore, and again this to the original poster... maybe, your defenders were as stupid as you (or brave, to be nice).  Setting up snipers outside a fortification is done alot, sucks for the defender, sometimes the only option for a desperate losing attacker.

Sorry, but 4 crossbows taking a force of nearly 90 in a ****ing CASTLE is broken gameplay, plain and simple. Oh, and I'm certainly 'stupid' for trying to kill them from the walls instead of waiting those idiots out -- which, by the way, is an absolute **** gameplay experience. A siege stalling due to moronic AI shouldn't require 'counter-strategy', it should require a functional autocalc system, the ability to charge your troops over the lip, the ability to end the battle and keep the castle during a stall, etc. The fact that sieges are a problem is well documented, but obviously the fault is mine  :roll:

The devs don't need ideas -- the solutions are obvious to anyone who has participated in a castle defense.
  13. To reiterate, sieges suck.

So my force of around 90 is defending ibdeles castle in a siege. We've practically won the battle, I have a bunch of troops on the walls with plenty more able to reinforce, and yet I end up losing the castle. How? The handful of rhodok crossbowmen left of the attacking force decide to sit...
  14. What gives with castle sieges done by the AI?

In this situation the player is unable to initiate the battle, but if you wait a while, the AI will either attack or leave. When the battle starts, move your player to it and you'll have the option of joining in. I would agree that the NPCs
    don't take advantage of superior numbers the way they should in such cases.
  15. Max Army Size and Morale - Easy to change in scripts.txt

Hybrid_the_Unsane said:
    This is awesome stuff.  I nearly choked on my drink when I saw my maximum party limit was 800+!

But, I want to command that many without paying too much for them.  Since I'm braindead when it comes to script editing unless it's spelled out for me, how would I go about reducing my troop wages?

I don't have an answer for you but had a thought related to cost cutting. How about just increasing the quantity of food per item purchased? ie, you get 200 chickens instead of 50.
Back
Top Bottom