Recent content by Rubinsaw

1. Rubinsaw

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Original Soundtrack Release

I just thought of that a week ago too!
    In my dissappointment that it isn't on Spotify led mere here. I guess there still is hope :grin:
    Update please!
    Yeah I have been curating some playlists on spotify and recalled this post by the community lads
    It will be released on other platforms like Spotify in the future as well.
    @Dejan @Piconi sorrry for the double tag but please can we receive some update on this guys? Any news is good news!
  2. Rubinsaw

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Original Soundtrack Release

You can find the Soundtrack on Steam.

It will be released on other platforms like Spotify in the future as well.
    Hi @Dejan & @Piconi can we get an update on the timeframe this could be coming to spotify please?

I need that Battania theme on loop in my playlist!
  3. Rubinsaw

Goodbye Mexxico, Thanks For Everything! (Mexxico Leaves TW. Tribute Post)

I´m also a little bit late because of reasons.

Thanks for your hard work and your interactions with us. I wish you all the best for your future and that your next project will be a great success.
    Good to see you back Blunted, great signature too :grin: Try not to get banned again Mex wouldnt want that!
  4. Rubinsaw

Thanks for all messages! I am sure our ways somehow intersect in future again with many of you.

Previously I said I will add some photos. Here are some.

Road to Taleworlds at winter (home to office) :
    At first 5-6 years of working I prefer walking to office then in remaining years sometimes walked sometimes bcycle sometimes car.
    Ankara is not usually snowy like that at winter maybe 5-10% of days snow is seen at ground, these photos taken at a snowy day.

aZWe5.png

4yt67.jpg

wCKRh.jpg

oDZ6I.jpg

i1gql.jpg

jQpwk.jpg

0jTo2.jpg

kferr.jpg

0wLVF.jpg

R-Dm7.jpg

7MiPd.jpg

tRPNp.jpg

F-KM1.jpg

KgGAv.jpg

pKqAO.jpg

CnGHw.jpg

oEFl6.jpg

J2zks.jpg

XEkmc.jpg

-GG3a.jpg

4pfz8.jpg

rNVaq.jpg

Photos from playing board games with collegues :
    In Taleworlds, most of us like playing board games. These are photos from some these moments.

RAG2L.jpg
    Game bgg link : https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/17133/railways-world
    Players : Cem Çimenbiçer, Can Altıgül, Alpar Dalgıç, me

Xfj8H.jpg
    Game bgg link : https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/3076/puerto-rico
    Players : Cem Çimenbiçer, Mikael, Mustafa Erdem, me

VhNdm.jpg
    Game bgg link : https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/17133/railways-world
    Players : Cem Çimenbiçer, Can Altıgül, Armağan Yavuz, Berk Eserol

yG7X-.jpg
    Game bgg link : https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/126163/tzolk-mayan-calendar
    Players : Armagan Yavuz, Başak Ece Can, Fırat Çebi, me

BdtJC.jpg
    Game bgg link : https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/120677/terra-mystica
    Players : Engin Mercan, Cem Çimenbiçer, Onurcan Dönmez, me

Photos from white board at office :
    These are from brainstroming for designs. Initial step.
    Of course there were too many brainstorming for different designs but I took photos of only these. Some of these designs are changed by time.

2MQc1.jpg

h2StM.jpg

NdrZR.jpg

OcTnp.png

Other stuff :

Taleworlds soccer team for a tournament, we lose all 3 matches and eliminated.
    Sqqcn.jpg

These baskets are a tradition in company. It has different snacks. At first years it was easy there was only 10-20-30 baskets.
    t0p_R.jpg

We make a new year lottery every year. This is knex lottery machine for 2016. There are 4 different color balls and they drop randomly and form a 4 x 4 x 4 = 64 combination. Actually because we have limited balls not all probabilities are same.
    bJX6l.jpg

FVt9W.jpg
    Fantastic to see these behind the scenes! Love to see you in action :grin: Thank you for sharing Mex!

@Terco_Viejo great images in here, maestro!
  5. Rubinsaw

Which 3 major features from Warband or Devblogs do you want the most in Bannerlord?

Great post Five Bucks, I never got to play Warband so it's suprising to see actually the court system we discussed already implemented. That court system is #1 from your list for me. Maybe TW want to free the player to make these choices anywhere on the map though to make it bit more casual.

Like Terco said above all of these would be great to have honestly. Really want to see official TW development of the roleplaying side, even from a functionality side.

Just looking at these three mods that fill in three areas that seem to be sorely lacking attention right now. These are all large mods with a lot of detail and they help to bridge the gap from "paint the map battle simulator" to more strategic methodical RTS game which I think given it's potential, Bannerlord should really lean towards more in it's official development.

Huge much needed implementation of actual diplomacy which I struggle to understand why is not in the official game -
    Some "Court system" functions packaged in a different kind of way -
    We did recently get those "balanced/aggressive" stance changes to party control. But -

Would love to see more "peace time" activity fleshed out too but perhaps TW are already seeing these mods and thinking "why spend development time on "X" if they're recreating it already" (albeit smaller in scope in some cases) .

Criminal Enterprise -
  6. Rubinsaw

What happened to the promised follow-up post for future plans?

Next week we will have been waiting four months after being told TW's statement of what they want to put in the game was "coming soon".
    Here is a great example of what an actual roadmap looks like:

They are in "crunch" mode until release now lads, @five bucks just spat facts yet again, four months on it's not on the priority list or really even in their interests to release something like this at this point.
  7. Rubinsaw

Thank you for post @Rubinsaw

Actually even I am freeing myself after 13 years of working I am really sad because of losing ability of helping that many players here. We become like friends with many of you. We even made tables examinations with players here like we are all working at same studio. That make my dreams partly come true. I wanted to create games which is played by lots of players since I was 10 years old, first made board games from cartoons and played it at neighbourhood, even I was taking about something equal to today’s quarter Euro from each child playing that board game to cover cartoon expenses. Then learnt coding and things become easier.

Game development is a different job which you can interact with your end users easily. More interaction yields better gameplay. You also need to be one user of your product. These are the only real formulas to create something succesfull. You do not have to do everything players want but you have to discuss with them. Sometimes I could not go into deep discussions because of language barrier. Still even after these years my English is not good enought to discuss some complex game mechanics. We did as much we can do.

Even you change something small sometimes you can get really good feedbacks. Its one of the most satisfying jobs a person can do. Also actually I believe you overrated me here. Even I did not do that much you always appreciated. I am really glad for this I did not deserve that much love. I could not solve some of your problems. Sorry for remaining problems. I hope team will solve them.

I am sad I could not see end of EA and join a release celebration with team. Because of covid I could only see collegues several times face to face (not in screen). I see 2 securities of office everyday only. Life is not that long. I already spend 13 years. I want to give some break, visit and travel different places free my mind spend time for hobbies learn new things for about half or one year and then create new projects which I have more control over. I do not want to pass time looking to a computer screen for a time. Life is valueable. If I do new projects in future of course these will be indie projects do not expect something big but I can guarentee good gameplay.

I do not want to lose contact with you. Thats not related to only projects. We can share thoughts about politics or other topics where to find good camping area or a good hiking way or any other issue. I want to get in contact with you like one of your friend. You can add me at Instagram (username : cocojobo) and you can ask anything anytime you can see places where I am living, camping, hiking etc. If you visit Turkey I will be at Sigacik / Seferihisar mostly at summers and september you can even come visit we can eat tasty Aegen sea fish together and drink raki (search this). However if you want to get only information about future projects you can send mail to [email protected] just write “I want to get informed” so I can send you information when one day (maybe 1 year later) something new is developed.

Thanks for all your help, feedbacks. You created Taleworlds. From first day Armagan posted about his idea and demo you backed Mount & Blade project and him. Thanks for all. I really appreciate. You also created different modes and different gameplays without any expectation these modes incresed replayibility of M&B games. Also thanks to all streamers for example @Flesson19 look his huge efforts : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC21LLTJWJR0NvSfhJjbsd2A/videos

I will be here and post here some photos from these 13 years in next days.
    Rest easy King, you earned it. Hope to see you take your talents to another large studio outside of Turkey one day once you've accomplished all you want there, for one more adventure, if you still have the energy for it all :grin: Thanks again though Mex, you have truly been the best and you'll always be remembered.

Far from it, quite an honour in all honesty :wink:
    That meme was so thematically perfect Terc,nailed it. If you do happen to have anymore up your sleeve please do make it rain. I also need a new signature :ROFLMAO:
  8. Rubinsaw

That time we hoped would never come, has arrived. Mexxico’s time at Taleworlds is coming to an end on August 1st after many years working for the company since 2009 and it was only right that we not let the man go quietly into the night without raising our cups (or skulls if you're a looter) in...
  9. Rubinsaw

Next New Big Feature after Campaign Battle Maps and Keep Battle? (W/Dev Replies)

You would be wrong about this. It's a problem since the original Mount and Blade and this debate has been won by the "quick menu" side many times. If Taleworlds didn't have it, literally every player, except few extreme RPers. would have modded it in. It's about giving the player a choice and that's a sacred principle.
    Thanks for providing insight. Don't you think it might be better out, and modded in as opposed to being default though? I agree with being given choice but once you've been allowed to skip a basic process like riding through a town/city to reach x NPC/resource, no one would reasonably cede that knowing it's already been given. For context I do think some stuff should be easily clickable for menial tasks like recruit troops, sell prisoner, quicksell loot, but other more important stuff should never be a menu.

I do really like @five bucks ideas about things to do in cities but from what i've seen so far I feel that only modders will add that level of specificity unless something is pulled out of the bag last minute by TW.

They will probably be in "crunch" mode after they come back from holiday with a lot of pressure I imagine.
  10. Rubinsaw

SP - General Reasons to explore town scenes.

Fantastic post, deserves more attention and consideration
  11. Rubinsaw

Next New Big Feature after Campaign Battle Maps and Keep Battle? (W/Dev Replies)

It's a fine balance between
    "give the player a reason to want to visit these scenes"
    and
    "don't annoy the player by forcing them to run through a whole scene every time they want to accomplish a basic action they'll be doing 200 times per game".
    Agreed to some extent but can't help but feel introducing "quick-chat" in the first place might of been a mistake that can never be gone back on now. I appreciate the convenience of some when handing in quests sure but imagine this system in any other massive world rpg. Who cares if you have to walk or ride your horse through a city, thats part of every RPG ever! No matter how many hundreds of times you have to make these journeys, imagine never having to run through the alleys of Novigrad to get/hand in quest in Witcher. Fast travelling straight into the face of Ulfric Stormcloak in Skyrim. It might be slightly tedious to some but it's what makes iconic locations iconic, that you learn them so indepth it feels like a home of sorts. The music hits you, the sights and sounds combine to make you feel nostalgic about where your spending your time.

Different genre but the iconic cities in every game..Imagine instantly fast travelling to NPC's in Stormwind in WOW, or Goldshire. Or in Runescape, being able to teleport directly to NPC from the very start, no running through lumbridge cow pen or anything. Would you really add a direct NPC teleport action to these games if it was possible? (IK you can somewhat in runescape). There is no doubt the quick-chat helps but I think it is part of the slippery slope to why there is very little immersion or feeling of iconic locations & belonging in the world as it stands, beyond being a great large scale battle simulator.

I think the happy medium is, if you want players to explore a scene, put activities in it that benefit your gameplay just enough that you don't feel like you're wasting time by exploring the scene; but aren't so important that you feel forced to do them.
    This is a fantastic post actually, +1 on that I like everything you wrote and this should get more traction. These are the types of random events you'd expect to see in an MMO that encourages engagement in areas that would otherwise not see any. My only concern is the cities and towns that were given so much attention and detail, shouldnt be areas of low engagement. Making the game more menulord instead of having to ride through towns and BELONG to the world is hurting the fantasy and game as a whole. If TW or modders were able to add this functionality you described above though, that would go someways to helping.
    Warframe is a completely different game to BL but which I also play alot. You have, sortof comparable, scenes with NPC's you want to talk to. You first have to load into the scene before you are given the option to Fast Travel. But you can also sprint it.
    Warframe player here too, that is quite a good idea and slightly more of a comprimise that might not overly upset the people who are more infavour of the menulord style of city and town interaction. What you've desribed is as close to a nice comprimise as i've seen.
  12. Rubinsaw

Love your entire list but for me this is one of the biggest ones, having like an issues aggregator location like a capital or home fief where you can sit down with your advisors/clan/party members and perform unique actions or just assign them an available task from a pool of current issues within a certain radius maybe. The way you described this is spot on and basically just uses already existing systems too.
    After keep battles and terrain-based battle maps, If they were to release a major feature per 1.6.X (which will never happen,) my wishlist would be:

1.6.3 - Kingdom Court: When you start a kingdom, your first fief houses a Court (which can be moved). Fiefless nobles visit your Court to offer to join your faction, for a price. You have a Minister there who tells you about Issues forming in the kingdom (which with Bannerlord's parties system would allow you to dispatch companions to deal with them). This would be a major improvement on how frustrating it is for the player to run around the whole world and do everything themselves as a ruler. Was in Warband.

Even having this system as a vassal lower tier clan within a kingdom, where you can sit in your home fief with your subordinates and make choices would be awesome and really add immersion, which is the side of the game I feel is missing most currently. Hatching plots and subterfuge to advance within the kingdom hierachy (with small chance to fail actions perhaps) that doesn't just involve spamming battles for renown.

feast where boring in the original game, i need real banners, and more now that the banners mod gives you childrens as warriors
    Even things like feasts which i see people criticizing as being fun as an idea but poor in actual practise, it is another layer of immersion that would still be able to offer an extra option of tactical/strategic/roleplay which the game needs.

--edit-- Just realised its probably important to add this "court" should have it's own scene like the one @Terco_Viejo mocked up. NOT just a new set of menu options picked from the campaign map view. There is far too much Menulord gameplay already.

---
    Edit: Do not forget "Banners" implementation...

I speculate about this big issue of missing banners and what the hell is this mystery feature the devs' seem to have avoided discussing that is stopping banners being implemented. Are banners going to be a new mini currency of sorts, collecting opposing forces banners or something mechanically difficult to implement?

Like this mod Bear my Banner already has added banners into the game without editing troop trees, so we know it's not some sort of human/horse skeleton issue. So there must be some new meta layer attached to whatever they're doing surely...

OR perhaps as I wildly punted earlier in this thread, integrating elephants into the game and them having some kind of interaction could be a reason. Someone here on the forum did show they are already spawnable ingame as mounts with thumbnails, images and functional code for attacks and movement. Hmm.

Callum is most likely just trolling but he did reply with an elephant gif, so let the rampant speculation begin I say. :ROFLMAO:
  13. Rubinsaw

These additions include main story quests. Those will have additional scene notifications as well.

MRay walking out the office after a long day of beloved work be like
  14. Rubinsaw

I actually think the way we're implementing is so much better than a pre-rendered video. With this, you'll actually see your own clan members, friends in the world(high relation) in the audience and your own wife/husband next to you in the scene.
    Wow, thanks for sharing Mr MRay! Sounds like a fantastic addition, I think I can say on everyone's behalf it's so appreciated you are giving that immersion/cinematic side of the game some attention. Giving some minor payoffs like this with an animated visual feedback and tiny breaks in the action would really give a lot of weight and feeling of accomplishment and "milestone complete" to the game. Brilliant!

If I could make one tiny suggestion for your consideration ?, I noticed you said "scene", assuming this is still in the "execution animation window" it would be fantastic if it could be blown up as LARGE as it can be, even fullscreen if possible! (assuming it isn't already an entirely new "scene"). I just think any of these type of animated events deserve to be large and centre-screen so we can admire your work and our characters accomplishment properly!

(p.s. Kings Court scene pleaseeee) :ROFLMAO: Thanks again for sharing, love to see it!
  15. Rubinsaw

mexxico clarified this one, saying that they managed to improve calculation without dumbing down the AI.
    check here

TW will probably add more by using the same kind of animation that is used for the intro video.
    check here
    Thanks for referencing the links to what I was talking about Spinoz, although @MRay stated that new events animation system will be using the current execution animation window, not the intro video style.

"it will use the same system as executions in the party screen. We hope to share more on this soon™"

Whilst that will be a great step in a much needed direction and will be hugely appreciated, im afraid it could pale in comparison, considering what you suggested having the "intro video" quality, or perhaps even "omniverse Machinima". Would love to know if that actually possible.
    That's good - so I assume this also means there will be expansions for years to come?
    I also just watched this interview from 2019 before beta with callum where he said its somewhat feature complete, ofc things can change over 2 years but quite interesting. The Elephant leak does also make me happy to know they are indeed working on stuff we still have no idea about that could come soon.

Wait a minute.....What if....hear me out fellas.... Implementing Elephants properly into the base game is the big issue holding up implementing banners?!?!
Back
Top Bottom