Recent content by rrowland

1. rrowland

SP - General Add penalty for retreating

But you can use the retreat mechanic without abusing it.
    I gotta be honest i haven't use it so far. Can you explain how you could accidentally abuse the retreat mechanic?
    You don't need to abuse any of the other exploitable game features that have already been fixed, but they still fixed them. That's not really a good reason to leave it in.
  2. rrowland

Honestly i think things like this shouldn't have a hight prority. You don't have to use this broken mechanic.
    Its like pausing and healing in Zelda for example. In theory you can't lose any fignt in Zelda breath of the wild if you farmed enough healing stuff (which isn't difficult). But if this ruins your gameplay experience because you got no challenge anymore, its pretty much your own fault.
    At least for me bugfixes, more content and quality of live improvements have a higher priority

What if I want to use the retreat mechanic, but I don't want it to be broken and abusable?

The devs have addressed many other abusable and exploitable issues in the recent patches.
  3. rrowland

SP Top Suggestions

Please also consider tracking this thread on how retreating can trivialize combat.
    So what's the criteria for you deciding to add something to the list? Whether you personally agree, or care? Do you / does the team not see this as an issue? If you're going to dismiss this as a wanted feature please do so formally.
  4. rrowland

SP Top Suggestions

Please also consider tracking this thread on how retreating can trivialize combat.
  5. rrowland

Bump for visibility / consideration.
  6. rrowland

Maybe the retreat option should make your army retreat in the same way they do when they lose morale and desert the battlefield. Everyone starts running to the edge, and you have to make it to the edge yourself as well.

Morale should be affected every new battle, too. Maybe depending on the relative strength of the armies, there's a morale hit when you retreat. If you're ahead, it can be zero. If you're even, maybe -2. If they've got twice the strength or more, -10. Something along those lines.
  7. rrowland

There's no penalty for retreating. So I can run in on a mount, throw my javelins, circle around the enemy while my archers pick off enemies and then as soon as my horse goes down, or the enemy gets close enough to start taking out my army, I can just retreat in a split second and repeat with a...
  8. rrowland

SP - General Improve Tablut AI

It's hard to tell the difference between the Easy and Hard Tablut AIs. While the player is on defense (I've never even played on offense) the AI seems to make random sacrifices repeatedly, ignore free pawn wins, and the only time it ever seems to have a strategy is when it has a clear shot at...
Back
Top Bottom