Recent content by rowyerboat

1. Taleworlds Could Use An Action Plan

Lots of good points, and I don't think anyone would complain about TW releasing a "roadmap" of what they plan on doing over the coming months. I put quite a few hours (like 70+) into the game; I feel like it has a lot of potential and don't feel ripped off, but as you say there are a number of shortcomings that make me want to leave it alone until it's noticeably improved. Probably the #1 issue for me is that I'm just tired of fighting armies that are more than half recruits (and sometimes 75+%). That is not challenging or fun, and it seems like most of the armies out there are like that after the early game, when you can't fight top tier armies anyhow.

The updates also seem to have slowed down a lot; I haven't played in a month and only one update has rolled out.
  2. Has anything changed with AI army comp?

Appreciate the replies; seems to be a bit mixed. The one in Maximum997's screenshot looks strong, but maybe it isn't very common? I may check it out for myself; just a little nervous I'll get burned out on the game before it's really running smooth. Already got about 75-80 hours in it...
  3. Has anything changed with AI army comp?

I haven't played in a couple/few weeks because I can only steamroll AI armies filled with recruits so many times. Has this improved at all?
  4. Really looking forward for more village/castle/town scene

Agreed; it's obvious a lot of time and care went into the design of city/castle interiors, and they look fantastic. Wish there were more reasons to actually spend time in them! One of the areas with a lot of room for added immersion and depth.
  5. Bannerlord Click Simulator Is What I Dedicate 80% of My Playtime To

Please show me, without mods, how you are not spending your entire, mid -> late game

I spend mine clicking not stop to execute basic features like;

upgrading troops
    recruiting prisoners
    TRADE
    selling lots of items
    barters.

Its actually ridiculous. I know it is so ridiculous in fact based on this; I have 100 hours in game. It took me 99.5 hours to get to 120 LVL trade. The last 0.5H I got to LVL 125 -> HOW? A mod, for autotrading, that takes off 99.9% of the time and effort spent trading (which should be included in the game, because if the prices are all in your head, you grinded the early part and learned and unlocked the perks, you should no longer have to repeatedly be a monkey about this IE buying, click, scrolling, selling, you are literally grinding to grind - for no reason other than poor design).

THE GRIND, should not come from clicking, but from doing. I spent more time trying to grind, than actually grinding!!!!!!! HOW DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE?!?!?!?
    ****. Fix the UI already.
    I kinda feel like this about life in general
  6. Sturgian Shock Troop v. Veteran Warrior

Are you using the stats from 1.2 or 1.3 (beta)?

Here's the skills taken right from SandboxCore\ModuleData\spnpccharacters.xml of 1.3:

Veteran WarriorShock Troop
    Athletics130125
    Riding6045
    OneHanded130140
    TwoHanded8060
    Polearm80140
    Bow6075
    Crossbow2015
    Throwing13030

Veteran Warrior uses Athletics, OneHanded, and Throwing due to gear (no horse, 1h axe, shield, javelin).
    Shock Troop uses Athletics, OneHanded, and Polearm due to gear (no horse, 1h sword, shield, spear).

As you can see for the stats that matter, the two are largely equal with an edge to shock troop in all but athletics. Use the Veteran Warrior when you want infantry with a bit of pre-melee range attack. Use Shock Troop when defending from cavalry is important.
    Ok, glad to see this has been addressed. I'm in 1.2 b/c I had read there's some weird stuff happening in the beta.
  7. Engineer Companion

I've noticed the same thing
  8. Sturgian Shock Troop v. Veteran Warrior

Shock Troop's stats are significantly worse across the board...why would I want one? Looks like from the picture they have a polearm of some kind instead of javelins, but similar armor...do they have some kind of hidden advantage to offset the lower skills?
  9. Can someone explain the minor factions?

Aha. Thanks for the reply. Would be cool if they get fleshed out a bit more!
  10. Can someone explain the minor factions?

So obviously there are a ton of minor factions. In my current game, several major states (Vlandia, Sturgia, Aserai, maybe more) are ONLY at war with them, oddly enough. But mainly, I just don't know how they really work. I need some targets, but I can never find these minor faction armies...
  11. Really need global diplomacy report

Full war information IS in the encyclopedia. Go to each kingdom's page and scroll to the bottom, it will list every kingdom and clan that they are at war with. Clans have this information to.

It isn't convenient and it needs to be made more accessible, but the information is available in the game.
    Aha, I never saw it way down there. Still, would be nice to see it all in one place. Might check out that mod that was posted. Cheers all!
  12. Really need global diplomacy report

I think that you can find information about the wars in the kingdom menu.

You can find the location of a npc on the encyclopedia (N hotkey)
    In the kingdom menu, you can only see info about YOUR kingdom; there is no way to see who the other kingdoms are at war with. If you go to the kingdoms section of t he encyclopedia, you can see a news item that says if they've declared war recently. But several kingdoms don't have any entries, so it only seems to go back so far. In any event, that is buried way too deep to be convenient.

As for people, yes you can see that in the encyclopedia, but....eh. It doesn't seem to be very accurate. It will frequently lose track of somebody, or I'll always see "So and so was last seen at X City 2 days ago." Well, hm. It just seems to take me far longer to find them now; on average, I'd say I have to look at the encyclopedia 4 or 5 times before finding them on the map.
  13. Really need global diplomacy report

Unless I'm missing something, there's no way to know who is at war with whom other than your own kingdom (if you're even part of one). This makes strategic planning and all kinds of other things very difficult. We really need this information, especially since wars begin and end so frequently...
  14. Recruits need to far less common in armies

They could change the behavior of the Lord after a defeat to stick to his own fief, cleaning out looters and bandits in order to level his army AND save his economy and us from a head ache when later we take over his fief?
    I like this idea.
Back
Top Bottom