Recent content by romeo_longsword

1. romeo_longsword

Question about the persuasion skill

Hi guys, merry x'mas to you all :) Question: Say if my character has 10 Persuasion skill, would that be able for me to keep all companions in my party even some of them dislike and argue with each other?
  2. romeo_longsword

This just looks stupid

Looks like ninja turtle
  3. romeo_longsword

Bug reports and complaints topic

The mounted units are overpowered just like in Mount and Blade one (before Warband). I am uncertain if this is what the designer of Knight of the last battle want but there is very little reason not for me to take 100% mounted units for my army.

I used to get fear of a bunch of Forrest Bandits, but with the reduced archery damage since the last patch, I have no fear against them, or any types of units for that matter.

I have taken a random bunch of screenshots to bring it here to discuss about how powerful it is for a 100% mounted units.

b4biggbattle1.jpg

b4biggbattle2.jpg

b4biggbattle3a.jpg

b4biggbattle3b.jpg

What you have just seen here is quite a "mild" game, there has been even more dominating situations, where I had 101 units against 146 and come out with wining no more than 12 death.

I can now simply repeat this system using all mounted units to keep killing even I am 50% outnumbered, win, refill my lost number from the enemies and carry on killing. I must admit I quite enjoyed it for a little while, you entered the battle, no need to give order and just let your powerful mounted soldier to swallow your enemies over.

My complain is that archery on the field is insignificant, and my suggestion is that if archery should stay weak, then we could make damaged soldiers to have their movement, attacking speed slower, just like how horses get slowed when certain amount of damage is taken, so archery can at least annoy your enemies and become of some value.

In respond to dochtorgajo reply, I could be mistaken your post but I feel a sense of despise from your message. I might have been a bit too quick to type my last message such as naming the 2.1 patch a poor patch, , but if you have read my previous posts, I hope you and others can see I do not aim to offend but aim to be contributive. If your style of respond to opinions or suggestion that you disagree is to put them along the line of FPS games while we are discussing archery in Mount and Blade along with your later sarcasm, that is not contrinitive, but just a personal attack with a bit more style.
  4. romeo_longsword

With the latest 2.1 patch:

1) The invisible trees and the flying trees in the air bug still exist.

2) Also, the reduced arrow damage makes the game a bit unbalanced, it can takes 2 or 3 shots to kill an armored unit with top tire archery weapons, the feeling of shooting an armored unit in the head plus twice in the body and then they still alive and shooting back at you really show how overpowered amours are in this mod.

It's really unrealistic to be honest. How many times can an armored unit be shot by a top tire archer? This is not even a knight, just a crossbowmen. But beside the realism, it also unbalanced the gameplay, with archery damage being so weak, there is little point to pick archery units now. It is already overpower to pick mounted knights troops 100% even before your 2.1 patch, but this is now even worse.

3) A lot of armors, weapons are really poorly designed and unbalanced still, there are items that are cheaper, lesser requirements but more powerful. Amour pieces that are lighter, offer more protection and that are cheaper.

Overall, the 2.1 patch is a poor patch and it shows the danger of poor game balancing and desgin on the future development of the mod.
  5. romeo_longsword

Best set of companions?

I also find this one works, 8 of them:

Mauritius
    Franciskus
    Xavier
    Claus
    Harald
    Francesko
    Raghnaid
    Stefan
  6. romeo_longsword

Offtopic! Pirates of the Burning Sea F2P

What servers are you guys on?
  7. romeo_longsword

dochtorgajo said:
    In real life he would be unfortunate not to sustain headshot. :mrgreen: Headshot etc is out of question all good closed helmets should have little boosted protection in compare to similar quality armour because of doubled damage. Many arrows would glance off it some simply wouldnt penetrate, Im basically speaking about cutting edge armour of the period as used for horses and men able to afford it not about ones used by ordinary soldiers. 200 proficiency, short bow, plus 4 arrows? That doesnt seem right to do any harm. On the other hand 50 longbowmen can wipe out 120 armoured halberdiers before they reach me and when using longbow I generally kill anything in two hits to the torso- armoured and unarmoured alike.

I hope I dont sound offensive I just hope this mod will experiment a little with it not simply having 40 for mail, 55 or so for plate and and thats it. All the mods are the same there could be one more where katanas dont cut hardened steel and rocket powered arrows dont take half of my health from mile away when Im using supposedly inpenetrable armour.

I think it's fine, I did not find you sound offensive, though too bias to think that a full plated knight should be arrow prof.

But I especially disagree with your views on: "200 proficiency, short bow, plus 4 arrows? That doesnt seem right to do any harm" and "In real life he would be unfortunate not to sustain headshot. :mrgreen:"

To me, that shows no awareness on balancing gameplay and a bit fantastic (as in dreaming).

Should the mod become of what you wish, Knights becomes arrow prof or highly resistant to archery, mounted armored units would become over dominating again, and even more so with the improved armour the mod already have. If so, there would be little reason for me not to have all knights for my troop and to ware only full plated armour for my character and companions.

In reality, a full plated Knight is not arrow prof, nor would it be that many knights in a troop so easily, while mount and blade is still a simple damage and it's type vs. armour + HP game, to chase the goals you wish for in this game could goes to ruined.

dochtorgajo said:
    1257 AD mod has some nice unit stats. Combined with higher training and upkeep (like 10 times more  each) cost for well armoured units it could be interesting. :smile: I allways face armies that comprise whole half of knights (namely HRE :grin:) which isnt good Id say. 1:10 and bigger ratio would be better and facing 50 strong knights is allways worse than facing 5 superstrong IMO.

So generally Id say: Archers are good as they are (maybe do it as in 1257 so that its the arrow that determines major part of damage, not longbow?) but there should be more difference between common and high quality plate armour and between partial and full plate armour and between open and closed helmets. Only weapon damage that is too high for me is blunt damage of overhand pike attack which can defeat any helmet in 1-2 hits.

First of all, the tilt of raising upkeep of these super knights you desire would not stop players from having a large amount of Knights in their troops. Money would not be a problem in Mont and Blade, espically in 1257 where there are that many towns for you to build enterprises and trade.

Secondly, 1257 is a different mod, like your goal they also focus on the value of armour and negalet archery such as their armour value is very high and your player character's archery skill is limited to level 4 only. Personally, the armour value being that great does not contribute to the gameplay while limiting your player's skill takes away the freedom on how players wish to develop their characters. Further, their changes while is a nice difference or may be satisfy for those who aim for a feel of reality, the usage and outcome does not post a significant impact.

Their change on damage base on arrow instead of the bow is their signature change on item modding since the mod is highly popular, I don't feel Knight The Last Battle should or need to copy it.

In contrary, here in Knight The Last Battle, there are strong armour units that to me, post greater threats than the units in 1257, armored crossbowmen with high armour value and great accuracy has always been a problem for me. Unless you have a large amout of HP, there is no point to ware a helm as their head shots are legendary.
  8. romeo_longsword

Regarding to archery being too "powerful", I think their current damage is respectable, the current game balance is because of Mount and Blade and not Knight The Last Battle's problem.

I think part of the reason from Mount and Blade updated the accuracy from one of their patches is that mounted troops were simply over dominating the battlefield and the more accurate archery gives a bit of balance in troops selections.

A fully plated knight would have been very fortunate to sustain head shots in real life, and in the mod at this current stage, I have personally experienced that the units such as master crossbowmen and their knights sometimes can take a head shot (I have around 200 archery skill with a short bow and +4 arrows).
  9. romeo_longsword

Hi there, congratulations to a great mod.

Here are my opinions:

1) From a horse archer point of view, there are Hunter Bow, Short Bow and Strong Bow. While the Strong Bow is the most expensive, there is no reason I found so far to go for it's lower status and higher cost and requirement.

2) Flying trees - This problem seem to have been reported, where you could run into what seems to be an invisible tree, but it's actually flying in the air :smile:

3) Minor factions lacking - this is just my view, I found that although the most fun is to join or establish your own faction to conquere the lands, but I think there could be more minor factions beside Forest Bandits, Freelance Baloran and such.
  10. romeo_longsword

Best set of companions?

Between Hidalgo and Franciskus, I much perfer Hidalgo personally, he came with a horse and good combat skills to start with, I have played it twice with him and he always is the first one reaching with 30 STR.

Biggest killers from group one and group one's friends are usually Robin and Jan, both have high Archery and Crossbow skills.

Thanks for your group list Pogo, I guess I can stop experimenting to find who gets on with who with your info, how did you find it out?
  11. romeo_longsword

Mini patch for nonanimated lods.

May I suggest the use of a free file host named, "Hotfile" instead?

www.hotfile.com

Deposit Files has a poor service to other countries while Filestore is written in a different Lagrange appear like Russian where some of us may not be able to find the download button.
  12. romeo_longsword

Best set of companions?

Pogo said:
    1st group that likes each other: Robin, Jan, Argyll

2nd group that likes each other: Xavier, Stefan, Raghnaid

The group that likes the 1st one: Harald Magny, Anna, Paulo, Hidalgo or Franciskus

The group that likes the 2nd one: Franciskus or Dominic, Mauritius, Francesko, Claus or Antonio

I always go with the 1st group.

So the max number of companions is seven for an no argue group? Could we have Hidalog and Franciskus together as part of group one, or must have one or the other?
  13. romeo_longsword

Best set of companions?

Okay, so far I have these:
    Didalgo
    Mauritius
    Argyll
    Francesko
    Robin (left once and currently left)
    Paulo
    Claus (Wanted to leave but got convinced)
    Raghnaid
    Dominic
    Jan
    Barlad Magny

Anna (left currently)
    Franciskus (left twice and left currently)

Beside the ones with notes next to their names, they all seems to stay.
  14. romeo_longsword

Best set of companions?

Currently, I am asking everything to, "Don't bother me with it" when they complain each other to test out at the end, who would stay and who would go, got a feeling this might not be the best way to test who would go well with who however, I would share my final group at the end but wonder if...
  15. romeo_longsword

Shield Bash??!?!?!

Korgoth said:
    Well i would rather have a shield bash then a Kick. If kick was taken away and replaced by shield Bash i wouldnt mind. And shield bashs are probably more realistic than kicks. If you tried to kick someone in a fight they would probably move and chop your leg off.

Not really, kicking of any forms were more common than using shield to bash emermies. Combat were a lot more fluent in flow then how the computer game portray it, not all hide behind the shield and chop anything sticks out.

Beside that, in M+B kick apply to characters who do not use shield as well, if the game remove kick and replace with shield bash, it would negalate the non shield using players.
Back
Top Bottom