Recent content by ripple

1. ripple

M&B LibrAARy - After Action Report Listings

Wow, I feel honoured that my mini-AAR got included in this list :razz: Although it's been some time since I've visited Calradia, once again I feel the tug of Warband...
  2. ripple

As an unmarried Queen, how do I throw a feast?

For female characters, if you have started your own faction and has become a monarch, then I don't think you can marry outside of your faction. At least, this is what I recall from my own female character campaign.
  3. ripple

Release lords then get negative rep

I only play mods that have integrated Diplomacy, so I generally release lords when 1) I am fighting on too many fronts, and I don't want to lose relations with the faction that their faction is friendly with, giving that faction an excuse to go to war with me; 2) their faction is losing territories to another faction that is not mine, and taking them prisoner would weaken their faction even more (I am particular generous with Swadian lords); 3) it will piss them off royally.

I like those paranoid lords who take offense at my acts of mercy, whose relations with you will heartily take a dive because you are playing with them like "cat plays with mice" (and in my case, they are right).

Look here, a (wo)man needs enemies. Nothing gives me greater satisfaction than pulling up my list of relations and seeing a handful of lords who have < -80 relations with me. You know those lords who give you the cold hard stare across the castle room and when you go and talk to them, all they have to say is "Oh, it's you....", like you just stole their last candy bar and raided their village, like they could just run over and stab you, but they can't because every time you've met in battle, you've gone out of your way just to be -the one- to de-horse them, like they've been hit by your morningstar so many times that it's left a permanent brand on their forehead that reads your name, like their entire life was wronged just by one chanced encounter with you on the wrong side of the battlefield....

Um, anyways. Nemesis lords make your game life fun, is what I am sayin'.....
  4. ripple

Helmuth said:
    No, you dont lose lord reputation, you lose faction reputation.For example, if you belong to swadia and speak with a khergit prisoner lord you can: release him for a ransom, or release for free. If you choose the first, no problem, but the latter will increase reputation with the prisoner by +10, increase relation with kerghits by +5 and decrease relation with swadia by -5. Lords wont care about it but if your reputation with swadia falls to -1 you will be kicked out.

Hm....I don't know what mod/tweak you are using but that is not native. In native, there is no dialogue option to release a lord after you capture him (you only have the option of warning him not to run away), and there is no negative relations hit with other lords or factions for releasing him on the spot immediately after the battle (on the contrary, you gain honour I believe).
  5. ripple

edbzoso said:
    I had thought that releasing lords would improve my rep with them but now I am running into lords that are really angry that I released them, what's the deal?

This is determined by the AI lord personalities. I believe negative relations in such instances are triggered by 'debauched' or 'pitiless' personalities (not sure which one).

Helmuth said:
    Not only  that but if you release lords for free (after capturing them) allied lords will see it as a act of treason.

I've never been accused of 'treason' or lost relations with allied lords for releasing a lord I captured in battle....which mod are you using?
  6. ripple

Best way to go about training companions to be lords?

Quixote said:
    What about Inventory Management? I didn't even think it did anything for you even if you had your companion. But some of mine started out with high inv management so I was curious.

And what if you have companions that don't like each other, but they each become Lords. Will they be more likely to defect?

Also will surgery count for anything? Thanks :smile:

I am of the 'school of thought' that it's just not worth it to turn companions into lords. But...

Inventory management: there definitely isn't any point in investing any points--no pun intended--into this skill for companions, whether or not you want them to become lords. Yes, it does give them more inventory slots, but since their inventory is not accessible (in native), it makes no difference to anyone.

I would imagine surgery works normally for companions who become AI lords, but again, that wouldn't be one of the skills I'd invest points into for a companion that was being groomed for lordship. Companion turned lords replenish troops in the same way as other AI lords, and their troops wouldn't really benefit much from high healing skills.
  7. ripple

Explanations needed with Floris extended/diplomacy Mod

For future reference, Diplomacy has its own sub-forum here, where you may find information you need, get faster responses to your questions, and keeps the forums sort of neat and tidy. Now on with your questions:

Soyama said:
    1. Sovereignty report with the mods in topic installed, what is centers/centrals? this is cities/fiefs?

Cities and castles, excluding villages I believe.

2. How to get trade agreements, I cant find any options for it anywhere. only truce/non aggression.

You will be able to initiate negotiations for trade agreements with a faction once you have a non-aggression pact with them.

Truce ---> recognition of your right to rule --> non-aggression pact --> trade agreement ---> alliance.

3. How to raise City Prosperity, I took Dhirim, it has been untouched ever since, i pushed alot of money into it, i put 3million into my treasury. It still is rated as "poor" on rare occations "average" The city have all improvements possible. Though, the Garrison there is huge. i go into -40 000 per wage-day, Could this affect the city prosperity?

Town prosperity is determined by a number of factors, including trade and the prosperity of villages under its stewardship (a town usually has 2 or 3 villages attached to it, whereas a castle will usually only have one). The kingdom treasury is like a personal bank but has no impact on the prosperity of your fiefs (other than that expenses for improvements are or can be taken out from the treasury instead of your own personal pocket).

40k florins for wages alone is -a lot- considering your kingdom has only one city. How many other holdings do you have? What is the complement of your army at this moment? Do you own enterprises in any towns? I usually make sure I own a profitable enterprise in every town before I start my own kingdom. The kingdom start-up period is always the hardest, as you struggle to gain recognition from other factions (and usually end up being attacked by all of them). Dhirim is in the center of the map and is claimed by every faction. Fun times ahead....

One of the 'tips' for keeping kingdom wage expenses down is to only use raw recruits to garrison my towns (around 1000) and castles (300-500). Josie says Swadian recruits work best because they come with crossbows and are more effective than other faction recruits during sieges. The main purpose of a garrison is not to repel a siege, but to hold the castle or town until I can get there with my own personal entourage of elite troops (and I usually travel with 100 or so of those).

I have been unable to get more caravans going, i tried filling my households with trade items they would need for building up the city, Guild master wont give me more quests, after i took the city. City is rated as 99 Fiercly devoted to me.

Not sure. I never bother to micro-manage caravans. I just set up patrols to make sure they don't get raided too often. I don't think you can initiate more caravans without conquering more towns and castles. Maybe someone else can provide a more detailed response for this.

Also, everyone is warring me, I have about 20 Friends, 1 enemy. My relationship with sarranid was 68, swardia was 20, vaegir 5, khergit 0, nord 0.
    Any explanation for this? I would not think sarranid should war me with that kind of relationship, atleast not unprovoked. I have not offended them in any way.
    Nords are explainable, as I now have taken 1 city and 5 castles from them. Swadia just got defeated, so they are no more.

Swadia once turned on me with 80 relations and after granting recognition of my right to rule. These things happen, especially if you hold Dhirim... :smile:

My renown is about 1200 now, and I just recently got lords to join me. holding an entire army of 3 lords + myself. One of the lords steadily drop in relation, even when im not doing anything which could negativly provoke him.
    I have pretty high Honor.. 155-160 honor rating, that could be it?

Your vassals' relations with your will drop if

1) he has no lands (either he has not been assigned any when he joined your faction, or if he lost them to another faction). Relations will deteriorate periodically until he is granted lands or he switches faction.

2) he is defeated in battle.

3) you grant lands to a vassal and he disapproves of your choice.

Gaining honour will affect your relations with lords who are not in your faction, but not your own vassals. So I am going to guess the reason is probably #1.

4. Training Elite soldiers under these modifications is somewhat troublesome. I got level 10 trained, nizar got level 10 trainer. a few others got level 9.
    My level is 38. the others 26-29. I took me 700gamedays to train my first swadian cavalier mineaure or however you spell those.
    The problem is of course that the other sovereigns, lords and bandits all get free troops. I defeat Kong(proper spelling) Ragnar with his 400-600 soldiers, and one game week later he comes running with an equal amount..  Amongst those hundreds I always find multible Tier 7 troops. Given, his level is 40.

Yeah, the AI cheats, but that's the only way they can challenge the players. The rate by which AI lords replenish their troops can be altered via the module system files. It's affected by the number of towns/castles/villages they own. In game, raiding the villages owned by a lord will reduce the rate of troop replenishment for that lord somewhat.

Will I train the tier 7 troops faster when I go above level 40, which i believe is the tier 7 level limit?

It depends on  your trainer skill, the trainer skill of your companions, and their levels. I am not familiar with "Doris extended" (do you mean 'Floris Expanded'?), but unless that mod overhauled the troops from native....I generally invest any excess skill points for my companions into trainer, so by level 38, I am usually able to turn an army of raw recruits into near-top tier troops in 3 or 4 days without fighting.

This is from the SP manual stickied at the top of this forum:
    Training skill on a character gives a given amount of xp, which increases with each point invested, to every party member of a lower level than the character with the training skill – note that this can even include you if you hire a companion with a higher level than you! This is the only party skill which stacks across characters in your party, so it’s a good idea to have all of your companions with as many points as they have left over.
  8. ripple

Plzzz help my wit caracter

brognar said:
    wrc said:
    He's just trolling or he's 10!
    Anyway,
    go on, call for help. Squeal! No one's gonna save you now!
    He's ESL dumbass. Not everyone who knows English is fluent in it.

This isn't the YouTube comment boxes, and I don't think it is ever appropriate to engage in name-calling here no matter how much you may disagree with someone....stern replies, yes, but juvenile name-calling...

I'd like to help the OP, but I honestly don't think I understand his questions.....but if he isn't fluent enough in English to compose an understandable post, how will he understand English replies to his questions...?  :?:
  9. ripple

One or Two Handed Mounted?

2-handed sword? Never. 2-haned blunt weapon that allows me to crush through shield blocks, a must for sieges. Otherwise, I prefer something that allows me to keep my shield.
  10. ripple

I have a problem, can someone help?

Lolza said:
    When searching, I found a comment saying that it's a fantasy world with some vague real historical weapons and such, but I don't think that gay marriage in this game shouldn't be possible. Whatever though, thanks for your help, does anyone have a mod which allows you to marry companions?

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,182981.msg4389124.html#msg4389124

Haven't tested with marrying companions, only single ladies of the realm.
  11. ripple

No lady endegrid or bryn

CardsFan said:
    Ladies, who are not married, will not appear in town/castles, if you(your character) don't have permission from father/brother.

They do if your character is female, but that is not what we are talking about.

They will appear, when you say to the lady that you are her admirer. I noticed that too, lady X was in X castle, i got there and she weren't there. There were some lord and his wife, i asked the lord where is the lady, he responded that she is in castle X, but she wasn't. When i meet her on the feast, i proclaimed myself admirer, after that option "Visit lady" become available.

This is also not the scenario we are talking about.

when I receive a quest to visit lady so-and-so at castle such-and-such (which can occur even if you don't have her father or brother's permission, as you can court the single ladies of the realm secretly), but she is not in her chambers when you arrive (and there is no option to visit her there, even though the quest is pending), and everyone in her faction that you talk to and inquire about her location will persist to tell your character that her location is at castle such-and-such.
  12. ripple

No lady endegrid or bryn

DogSoldieR said:
    ripple said:
    Don Quijote said:
    My apologies, I meant ladies Endegrid and Bryn.

I was joking with you because...oh, nevermind.

Anyways, I've also experienced instances of 'missing npcs', where every noble in a faction that I consult would tell me that lady so-and-so was at such-and-such castle, but when I get there, they are not there. I am not sure what causes this (or if it happens in native and not just in mods), and it's quite rare. But in my experience, it does 'correct' itself after some time has passed in your campaign.

Thats EMPRESS BRYNN to the rest of us peasants :p

Yes indeed :p

I can explain this. You will not see the lady in question (she appears) at a place if the conditions are not met.

1. You do not have permission to see her, from her brother/father.
    Only when your relationship with a lady is "Legit/Approved" does she then appear, at her home castle to talk to you.

2. Too many NPCs in that location, there wasnt enough space to put in your lady and she doesnt appear physically. Although you might get a mention that she IS there. It is just a matter of physical spawn overflow in the code.

No no, it's different. Those above instances will prevent NPCs from appearing, true, but in the stance I encountered--and I think what the OP is referring to, is when I receive a quest to visit lady so-and-so at castle such-and-such (which can occur even if you don't have her father or brother's permission, as you can court the single ladies of the realm secretly), but she is not in her chambers when you arrive (and there is no option to visit her there, even though the quest is pending), and everyone in her faction that you talk to and inquire about her location will persist to tell your character that her location is at castle such-and-such. It's a very rare bug that I encounter usually no more than once per campaign. I think this sometimes happens when 1) the head of her family has just switched factions, or 2) the castle where the lady was previously at has just recently switched ownership. But the thing is, when a lady is 'en route' to another location when you inquire a noble in her faction about her location, the answer you should receive is that they don't know where she is (if I am correct). I haven't been able to test this. I think the confusion is regarding what conditions would trigger the "Lady X is at castle so-and-so (when in fact she is not there)" versus the "I don't know where Lady X is."
  13. ripple

No lady endegrid or bryn

Don Quijote said:
    My apologies, I meant ladies Endegrid and Bryn.

I was joking with you because...oh, nevermind.

Anyways, I've also experienced instances of 'missing npcs', where every noble in a faction that I consult would tell me that lady so-and-so was at such-and-such castle, but when I get there, they are not there. I am not sure what causes this (or if it happens in native and not just in mods), and it's quite rare. But in my experience, it does 'correct' itself after some time has passed in your campaign.
  14. ripple

M&B: Diplomacy Question

jodawa08 said:
    Can anyone tell me how to appoint a Chamberlain?  I was awarded a fief and proceeded with out one, but was later awarded a castle and now I would like to appoint one, but can't figure it out.  I have been looking for about 4 hours and can find no answer.  Help please.

Diplomacy has its own forum. Here is the thread for the Diplomacy FAQ, your question is the first one answered:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,118125.0.html
  15. ripple

No arrows?

Killakot said:
    Well yeah, that's what I meant.  :roll:
    Of course you can run them, I mean, he was running it himself wasn't he.
    But fine, I should have said "haven't updated to 1.143 yet and thus might suffer from minor bugs" instead.

The point is that he should not be seeing 1.142 bugs while running Diplomacy + PBOD since it's based off 1.134.
Back
Top Bottom