Recent content by Rigan

1. SP - General Diplomacy Balance - "War/Peace Grabbing cities/Towns" - Taking land the easy way

in the diplomacy menu you're probably paying tribute to them

Nope, no tributes at all.

They are still yet to do anything about all this, either faction, and I'm Abit to make my claim on more territory, the exact same way.
  2. SP - General Diplomacy Balance - "War/Peace Grabbing cities/Towns" - Taking land the easy way

Good evening. I started up Bannerlord a couple weeks ago and got proper hooked into the game again. However upon delving deeper into my own Kingdom, I have discovered a stupid easy way to encroach on land/territory without a drawn out war. I have my own kingdom and I wanted to take my first...
  3. In Progress Bug/Exploit for faster run speed as archer with arrow notched

When you notch your arrow, you have a reduced movement speed, significantly. If you want to move and relocate you release the arrow and run off, BUT you would always have to re-draw your arrow. Not if you follow the below. If you notch your arrow as an archer, then just keep hitting the...
  4. Multiplayer - Captains Mode suggestions

The goal basically is to annihilate your opponent. The points are just there to force an engagement and to keep people from being able to bum rush a position and defend it all game. Typically any game especially one like this, defensive engagements are easy to play than offensive ones. so having 3 points in the beginning and randomly making one of the points actually matter makes it riskier to just move everyone to one spot and set up a good defensive position.

I appreciate that, don't get me wrong I enjoy the current gamemode.

But when you have three points to capture and a bunch of random players together with little means of communication, you end up with teammates all going their own ways and the battle is quickly lost. So by having a mode without any points at all, leaves no room for there to be any confusion about what the objective is...to slaughter :smile:
  5. Can I tell my units of men which weapons I want them to use?

Atm the gear in SP is "coded" and cant be changed

If that's true that's a pretty major flaw for the captains mode in general then. There is no point in your units taking up all the customisations you pick yourself, if they cannot even use what you pick...
  6. Can I tell my units of men which weapons I want them to use?

Afternoon. This applied mainly to the multiplayer captains mode I have been playing a lot of recently as I love it! But it goes for single player games too. In captains multiplayer mode, I generally go archers and pick a pike/long spear where possible as an additional wep for protection vs...
  7. Multiplayer - Captains Mode suggestions

Obligatory intro, great work on your early access release Taleworlds, I'm loving the game and it's quite clearly a rock solid foundation for you to build on over the EA term. With that said, I also LOVE the captains mode in multiplayer. It's a very refreshing take on Mount and Blade and it's a...
  8. MP Localized Voice Chat

I honestly disagree on this one. Much rather they just added party groups within battles for steam friends/clans etc. Then let them use their own voice comms (which they already do).

Go play Holdfast Nations and see what local voice does to MP games....
  9. SP - World Map My thoughts on the Faction Snowball effect. Campaigns should go on forever!

Devs need to figure out what they want. More campaign, story driven with a time limit for max play-through and objectives for victory, or a sandbox like warband was.

They can do all three, just give me the options to amend my game as I want! :razz:
  10. Any info on the kids?

I think the more appropriate take is that this generation isn't ready for such a perfectly logical mechanic. And by "this generation", I mean in the grand scheme of history. In the last 50 years or so, humanity has become incredibly selfish. The natural instinct to procreate and pass the torch to the next generation has been overwritten by "But what do I want for me and me only?" Some 6,000 years of human history and this is only a very recent thing, hence why I call it "generational", I'm not pinning this solely on Gen X or Gen Z or whoever.

In short, humanity has gone stupid and hates its own young to such a degree that this sort of mechanic was never going to be received too well. But whatever. I'm enjoying building my dynasty. I just wish they'd dial it back a bit on the birth rate. It's an extremely logical mechanic for a game of feudalism. Necessary, even.

(Also, no, I'm not calling the people in this thread stupid. I'm calling humanity stupid.)

I think you are overthinking it.

It's a video game, people died by the thousands to dysentery, doesn't mean having your character excreting bloody diarrhoea is a good idea to add to the game.

Sometimes games just don't need it, this is one of those games.
  11. Combat and Mounted combat feels clunky and weird

was tough at first with the mount, but picked a different wep (went to sword from an axe) and having a much easier time of it. Think it's more a mater of learning/picking the right method that works for you.
  12. Any info on the kids?

The kids are the worst mechanics introduced into Mount & Blade, necessitating accelerated time and still they had to compromise and allow kids to join war parties at 6. That 504 in-game days. Meanwhile, player characters get just 84 days a year and had to deal with their characters getting older before even doing much in-game.

Agreed.

Not a fan either. A typical male in the era would of surely had a good 30 years of fighting in him. I don't think we needed kids in the game, they just add a feeling of "chores" in a video game, when you are trying to escape the kids for an evening of gaming :grin:
  13. ?Lady Mesui wants Ascyron captured?

perhaps check dungeons if you haven't already? just guessing on this one sorry.
  14. Fan made Darkfall Unholy Wars Gameplay trailers! **Videos**

Fehnor said:
    Rigan said:
    Fehnor said:
    Are you posting this while chopping wood?

Yet another person who still has a bad taste in their mouth from Darkfall Online. In Unholy wars, most passive skills were removed, 2/6 stats were taken out and stat/skill progression is done by a feat/prowess system, so you finish a feat in PVE, exploring, crafting, gathering or anyother feat and you put those skill points into whatever you want to.

So you can just harvest to be PVP viable or you can craft to be PVP viable since you decide where to spend those prowess points.

No, I played UW. I wouldn't mind if gathering/crafting were any fun at all. Press a button, tab out and go browse the internet to level up your character. Why have leveling at all? The argument has been made by many former players on your forums, and ****s like xpiher claim it's about "character development." Now I'm beating a dead horse, and you're beating a rock with a pick for prowess points.

Good day, sir.

Sorry but about the only game that is fun to gather and craft is minecraft, there aint a single MMO on the market which offers a "fun" gathering or crafting system. But yeh no doubt Unholy Wars isn't for you since it's a PVP centric game, for sure aint a crafting/gathering one...

If you want fast paced manual aim FPS twitch combat, then nothing beats Unholy Wars as it stands right now.
  15. Fan made Darkfall Unholy Wars Gameplay trailers! **Videos**

Fehnor said:
    Are you posting this while chopping wood?

Yet another person who still has a bad taste in their mouth from Darkfall Online. In Unholy wars, most passive skills were removed, 2/6 stats were taken out and stat/skill progression is done by a feat/prowess system, so you finish a feat in PVE, exploring, crafting, gathering or anyother feat and you put those skill points into whatever you want to.

So you can just harvest to be PVP viable or you can craft to be PVP viable since you decide where to spend those prowess points.
Back
Top Bottom