Recent content by RevolutionarySelf77

1. Poll: Why Does Bannerlord Still Feel Like it Lacks Personality and Soul?

All in the title. Would value your thoughts. Probably. lol.
    Everything is just very...bland and the same. When I make a character, I can't even dump everything into a concept. They make me spread out my points and be a jack of all boringness.

Is one horse archer better than another...probably...but it's not exciting to watch after a while. This game needs gut punches of cool awesomeness.

What makes me love bannerlord is that eventually they will stop patching so much and just let us make mods that work.
  2. SP - General Culture of children

That's honestly the biggest deal with getting married. There are a few choices that give you a strong companion, but thinking about the culture of your kids is probably more important. One more strong soldier isn't going to swing a battle one way or the other.

3. Daggers need some love

fUxXl8h.jpg

Daggers has always been a weapon I have enjoyed in RPGs, but in Bannerlord they really don't have a purpose other than for role playing reasons. That said just want to see what others thoughts are on the subject and thrown down some ideas and put it in the suggestion thread if we come up with some vetted ideas. Here are some of my thoughts on the topic of improving daggers in the game.

Dagger Sheaths

It would be nice if daggers had sheaths, looks bad when they just hang unsheathe on your side. This would be a nice little touch to fleshing this unfinished weapon out, plus having a dagger sheath looks cool when next to a sword sheath like what knights often wore together. They just look terrible without them and the main reason I don't use them. I just go with throwing knives since they have a case.

Back Stabbing

Let’s bring back stabbing back to the series and maybe just limit it to daggers to simulate finding the chinks in armor.

Dagger Thrust Speed

This is something that should be improved as well as they are kind of slow and would make them more appealing for rogue missions.

Better Melee Stats vs Throwning Knives

One of the things daggers should have over throwing knives is better melee stats, currently they are about the same which is another reason to just take throwing knives over a dagger. A dagger should be superior to throwing knives used as a melee weapon as they are weighed differently and are designed for close combat.

Rogue Tree Perks

There should be some rogue perks that improve dagger fighting to encourage their use in missions and thug battles. Daggers should be nasty if the player puts in the time to develop a character to use them. For example they could be nice for an archer character that wants to keep their gear light to be able to move fast on the battle field.

Off-hand Dagger

There should be an off-hand dagger that equips in the shield slot, the player would still block with their main right hand weapon, however the off-hand dagger would use the shield bash attack for a quick stab attack with the off-hand weapon and not to mention it would look badass.

These are just my ideas on how daggers could be improved in Bannerlord and used as a viable weapon for rogue type characters. Any thoughts?
    That...would be fun. Daggers were actually quite useful in battle, because simply punching through plate is impossible. Going around it with a nice slim stileto is the way to go.
    Besides, this game needs...fun. Like a wife that runs out with meat cleavers and tears stuff up, or other cool stuff. A ton of basically the same units is boring.
    Like it's a big upgrade to go from riding a horse to riding a dragon, but just switching steppe horses for aserai horses...eh.

4. Does Bannerlord need more time?

This isn't something for the devs, rather this should be discussion aimed towards all of us, the players and community of Mount and Blade. I've seen lots of diverse differing demands and people unsatisfied with the current product or its end result. In the devs' defense, it is still early access and much of it is to be refined or added later on which I'm understanding of and they did work on the game and announced it at least 2012(nine years ago from the time of this writing). In the players' defense, a lot of it is really really half-baked. Like, early access singleplayer campaigned voiced lines half-baked. Jesus...

Bannerlord, especially with what we want, seems that it will be a very big game. TaleWorlds' plans of course are different from our vision of the game. And who can blame them? Some of us want it to be more like the mods in Warband, others want it to just be a better Warband in general and let the mods cover all that stuff we want anyway, while many others want it to go to a completely new direction and take inspiration from other games such as Total War or Crusader Kings. We all enjoy different aspects of Mount & Blade and I think the game, with its own proprietary engine is actually capable of all that to the point of beating games waaay out of its genre. Mount and Blade style is just that great and very modular.

I really think we can all be satisfied as players - however, I do not think we have enough time to complete all of this with the supposed release date of the 2nd Quarter of 2022.

I personally think it would be best to accept Bannerlord as a constantly developing game in persistent early access, where then instead of our frustration for the stuff and mechanics we want not being implemented, our frustration at the devs for not giving a release when it's practically done should be the key decider of when the game seems finished. This way, we'd all decide as a community if a persistent majority says "It's a full game, holy ****e. Stop with the early access bull.", there would be great confidence and support from us that may help mitigate risk and hesitancy from TaleWorlds(it is still a business after all).

We must accept that TaleWorlds is now a business and no longer an independent passion project made from some garage. They have to earn their pay and eat, so there will be corporate nuances that may dampen or compromise the passion or vision of a few.

I used to love certain companies for having so much passion and love for their games. DICE as my personal example with the Battlefield franchise, until they just started become a Call of Duty competitor and later almost indistinguishable from Call of Duty and vice versa(according to me anyway). They simply beacme corporate and lost their touch, partly because it was profitable for them to take that approach.

I think TaleWorlds is currently in a good position, but over time, as with most game companies, I think it will lose vision and passion. We, as a community, must safeguard that passion and vision but remember that we too can sap it away with our persistent annoying demands and singlemindedness without regard for the difficulties of game design and concerns of others from the roleplayers, to the multiplayers to the speed runners, the hardcore and the casuals. I really hope TaleWorlds doesn't go the way of other studios that became big and lose their touch, part of that responsibility lay in attempting to appease ungrateful original fans vs attractive fast money from lowest common denominators.

Enjoy the game for what it is, but always stay hungry that it can be better while considering what it takes to get there. I hope this discussion may offer an alternative for community feedback relations.
    It needs more time...but the game is already getting old without even being finished. I love the concept, but Taleworld just hasn't been able to pull it off this time.
  5. How is the economy now?

When I last played this last year the economy was all kinds of screwed up. Workshops barely gave any income and caravans were just fodder - a total waste of money. Smithing seemed to be the only reliable way to make money outside of constant combat but it felt so cheesy.

Have they made improvements to it finally? And if not, are there mods to improve it? I'm reinstalling and don't want to resort to the smithing cheese method again.
    Yeah, it's disapointing to work really hard for a workshop that gives...100 or 200 gold. It's maybe fair, but it's not fun.

Smithing is still OP, but not as bad as before.

Trading is ok, you can pick up some horses and do some horse trading for a little while to get your own gear kitted out. Its fine for the early and mid game.

6. These need fix/work ASAP

I would love to see a difficulty that focussed on simply being realistic rather than fair or balanced.
  7. is there a efficient way of getting a fief

If you fight lots of battles, you will collect a lot of influence. I always get offered everything that's conquered. Actually, having one or two fiefs is fun, but having a lot becomes a slog because they like to rebel, get conqured, etc, while you're trying to dominate the whole map with your army.

Good governors help, but they just can't be everywhere, and they're still AI, which is...dumb.

Back
Top Bottom