Recent content by retroindiejosh

1. retroindiejosh

Garrison troops

A strong garrison in your castle is a great idea, since they're the first line of defense against an enemy that chooses to attack. I've found after you start getting castles, especially after the second one, it becomes a fine balancing act between spending too much money and losing your castles...
  2. retroindiejosh

How to pick the best horse

Horses are a pretty important piece of equipment. I don't know about you guys, but I almost never play without a mount unless I want to do some sort of roleplaying. Even if my starting character has awful riding score, I get a horse as soon as possible. I'd rather have a horse than even a single...
  3. retroindiejosh

Top cavalry units for your army

As more of a bow guy, I quite enjoy circling the enemy and picking them off from a distance atop my quick and trusty steed. But to get this privilege, I need my own army to stay engaged with the enemy and hold their own. Cavalry are a great way to do this, so I usually load up on horse riders...
  4. retroindiejosh

Best companions to lead caravans

In Bannerlord, you need to pick one of your companions to lead a caravan. It's a pretty expensive investment and getting it wrong can result in even more financial drain. I've composed a list of the 10 best caravan leaders among companions under the assumption that the Trade score is the best...
  5. retroindiejosh

Best arrows in the game

I'm a huge fan of using bows in games, and being an archer in the Mount & Blade series has always been peak joy for me. If you're the same, you probably want the best arrows your denars can buy. I've written about the top 5 best arrows in Bannerlord and hope you'll find it useful. There's a...
  6. retroindiejosh

"Command Nearby Troops", Will we ever get it back?

I'd completely forgotten about this! Such a great mechanic. Definitely put it in the proper suggestions channel if you haven't already. I'd love to see it implemented in Bannerlord.
  7. retroindiejosh

Instead of being vaguely familiar with the dealings with workshops.

This is a solid idea. I'm also a fan of clarity in the mechanics, especially when it's vital to your in-game decisions. Otherwise you're just throwing denars at a series of gambles.
  8. retroindiejosh

Arena crowd no longer cheering on Kills?

I think the arena has always (much like the rest of the game) felt lifeless.
    Agreed, and it's quite bizarre given how lively the towns feel when you walk through them. The little skirmishes you fight in towns seem a lot more intense because of the denser sound design.
  9. retroindiejosh

More game content

I think it would be cool if they roll the tavern games into the feasts somehow. Like, a tournament but with Tablut instead of fighting. Or if you're dueling over ladies but you're more of a mind-over-matter build, you can battle wits in the board games.

Then again, I dunno how many people actually like the board game part of the game.
Back
Top Bottom