Recent content by Refleax

1. Napoleonic Wars v1.1 Public Beta Released!

Napoleonic Wars v1.1 Public Beta Released! Today due to an imminent release, we have an announcement to make about Napoleonic Wars! As some of you may have noticed, the new Napoleonic Wars patch is currently in Beta and is now available on Steam. The purpose of this beta is to kill any...
  2. The community deserves better

Refleax said:
    Hello Everyone,

In light of recent comments and opinions voiced by some of the community, we feel its best to restate the position of FSE in relation to the community and the official servers. The servers which we maintain are done so on a voluntary basis at private expense for the benefit of the public players for the sake of community, we try to host servers that are open to all and and are fun to play on, to the best of our ability.

Now, the difficulty of maintaining these servers is obvious and despite our efforts, there will be failures on the part of the admin team and the owners. As a game development company we have overstepped ourselves when dealing with the community. To that end, we will be making certain changes in regards how FSE deals with the community:

1. FSE will be taking a step back from community altering decisions. In our pursuit of stopping an argument that had been made three times over the possession of the 51st name we rashly decided to remove the object that was contested, instead of punishing the ones who were breaking forum policy. Inadvertently we managed to punish the entire community by removing something that rightfully should have been theirs. For this, we apologize, and will now rectify. We will no longer withhold  any regiment number, even if it proves a source of great controversy and fighting. We will no longer involve ourselves in this process. As such we will return it to the last community member that had possession of said regiment name.

2. Now, even though we are from now going to step back from these kind of decisions and loosen the grip we try to have over the community, there may be a time in the future when such decisions may need to be made. But it will no longer only be in our hands, instead If such a time comes, we will need a base of respected players who can give an informed opinion on such decisions, before we make them. Thus, we will be instituting a new group of players on our forums, the NW Community Representatives. They will be nominated by the community, and will have access to a new forum board area. If FSE sees a need to make a community altering decision, we will first post the proposal of such in this area, in order to gain necessary community feedback so as to make an informed decision. This place will be carefully watched Their opinions will guide our policy, and allow the community a voice to the FSE management.

We will be setting up the Community Representative Process shortly. I look forward to serious dialogue taking place, with real solutions being found with help from both the administration and the community.
  3. Announcement! Napoleonic Wars Upcoming Patch & IndieDB

Developer Blog 5 - Napoleonic Wars Upcoming Patch & IndieDB http://www.fsegames.eu Welcome back to our fifth weekly Developer Blog. This week we decided to release it a bit earlier and instead of showing you a Battle Cry of Freedom update, we will show you a small sneak peak of our upcoming...
  4. Map Making for Newbies

Take a look at the below thread.

Napoleonic Wars: Scening Support
  5. Napoleonic Wars: Scening Support

lerty37 said:
    gokiller said:
    Then I suggest you check if you didn't delete anything. All custom maps are located in the sceneOBJ.

scn_mp_custom_map_10
    scn_mp_custom_map_13
    scn_mp_custom_map_14
    scn_mp_custom_map_16
    scn_mp_custom_map_17
    scn_mp_custom_map_19
    scn_mp_custom_map_20

And I bet there are some more.

Otherwise just edit the map you were on. save, and look back in the sceneOBJ file and enable a filter as last eddited.

Unless you mean that you want to create a completly new map file+code. This should be it.
    I still dont see them and some of my friends dont see them either i only see the quick battle scenes but i doubt thats it. should i just redownload the game?

No, you don't have to do that mate.

Place a random object in your custom map, save it and the .obj file should appear.

6. What Grinds your gears: Napoleonic Wars

PlannedParenthood said:
    Bayonets instakilling me by grazing the gun's wood against my hand.

Wood poisoning maybe?
  7. [Map]NavalBattle

Hey Cafer,

I have been following this thread for quite a while and I am intrigued by your creations.

I also have an offer to make but sadly I couldn’t send you a private message on the Taleworld’s forums since your post count is low. So I was wondering If you can add me on Steam (My Profile) so we can have a chat.

Once again, I would like to thank you for all of your work.
  8. Pride's Mod Revival Squad ["Romae Bellum" this week]

I'll try to attend the next event, I haven't played Vikingr in a while!
  9. Napoleonic Wars - Meme Thread

Good one Rejen.
  10. Screenshots & Video topic

Rocknok2 said:
    Vicccard said:
    Rocknok2 said:
    1° Reggimento Bersaglieri's Fanfara (fanfare)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKa7GALGzl8&feature=youtu.be
    '

What's that? a small mini mod?

No, no. I don't want to tell in the fear that some certain devs may remove it :razz:
    Plus I changed the music to the music of the Bersaglieri ^^

Well, if you have a commercial license for the music it should be alright ey!
  11. To the makers of NW

Hail Harbringer!
  12. Suggestions

Maroon said:
    Yea, I do have a suggestion:
    Make a suggestion board.
    40 (95 by now) pages of suggestions in one topic aren't nearly as clear as different topics.

Don't worry, the Devs do read and take note of the suggestions in this topic.

I think we've all seen them roaming about one day or another.
Back
Top Bottom