Recent content by redmonk

1. Patch Notes e1.0.10

Please for the love of God fix experience gain
  2. Day 210 - highest skill at 76.

Don't delude yourselves guys, this isn't an intentional feature of the game, it is simply broken. It needs to be addressed by Taleworlds ASAP. It is currently locking every single singleplayer campaign out of well over half of the character progression, and kind of makes it pointless to start a new campaign with the hopes of building a unique character when after a full campaign you haven't even been able to get your basic combat and leadership skills up past the halfway mark.
  3. What do you want from the 1.1 patch?

Fix experience gain for the love of God. And if they can fit it in, fix the pacing of the singleplayer campaign (snowballing of course, and more peacetime content to drag things out, and aging--what's the point of children if my campaign ends before they even hit 5 years old?).
  4. With the new patch, lords can now steal troops from your castles and it happens all the time, needs to be adjusted.

Everytime I try to stockpile troops now, they constantly disappear as other lords keep stealing them. I am happy to have fixes which help with the snowballing and lords taking troops is not a bad idea, but they should not be able to steal your troops whenever they want for free. What would work...
  5. SP Musket Era With Fire And Sword mod

really great idea guys, i'm half polish half russian myself, speak both fluently, and was born in Warsaw. I'd love to help with this mod but first i've got to learn to mod heh. Once i learn i'll lend a hand.
  6. Spears

not meaning to interrupt in your conversation, but weren't we talking about couching spears?
  7. Violence Kicks Ass (Suggestions for making combat more fun)

hey, it was just a bit of constructive critisism, i was just meaning that he should make it a little bit more simple. Make it a little bit more like other popular games out there. remember that i myself would tottaly like this btw.
  8. Spears

would be useful in a the skirmishing combat of mount and blade, as I said before. But that was just an explanation of how it was used in real life, not how it should be used in the game.
  9. Spears

Ack, sadly, i read this in a book about the history of weapons and their uses at my uncle's house in michigan, and i live in NC, so I won't be able to get a picture :sad: . But here is an explanation of how they would do the thrust in combat. What you would do is move your hands just a bit farther down the shaft, and when you are couching your right foot would be behind your body a bit and sideways, sort of holding the end of the spear, what you would then do is right before thrusting quickly lift the spear out from under your foot, turn your foot so it faces forward, take a quick small step forward with the right foot, and then thrust by taking a larger step with the left foot and then propelling your self forward and thrusting. when used in formation this was to provide a sort of sheltered punch, where the thrust was only propelled to the end of the second ranks spears, and then quickly retreat. When drilled continuesly in formation, it would be performed as one large fluid motion and as i said earlier it was like one huge punch by the formation, which would either break the enemy line, or at least disorganise it enough so that the spear formation had a good 10 seconds to break out of couching and advance into the now weakened enemy line, and attack the unprepared and unprotected second and third ranks. It was used to great effect by a certain people in either the Iberian peninsula or the balkan, not sure which, but was soon eclipsed by the more popular pike formation which had a farther reach, and the heavy cavalry charge, which was more powerful.  But I am sure that in the current skirmishing combat that this game implements it would be useful to include it.
  10. Violence Kicks Ass (Suggestions for making combat more fun)

Hmm, excellent suggestions, but here, have some healthy critism.

In my current position, i would tottaly agree with this, but if someone was just starting out new to this game, then that might make it a bit too difficult. I mean, it took me a while just to get off of my feet in native, and get a hang to the fighting system, and this would make it nearly impossible to learn the basics, because one would be constantly struggling with these new obstacles. What you are proposing has too much of an impact on the basic gameplay, and it would make the game way too hard. Only people who had mastered the basics (current combat system) would be able to learn all of this, and though it would make it much more fun, it would make it much too hard for begginers, even with the tutorial and easiest difficulty.
  11. Alternatives

Ok, i have started this post to discuss different alternatives to some very talked about ideas, but here are some rules. 1. We are NOT going to discuss multiplayer here, if you have an idea for that, make sure it is very feasible and then send a PM to a moderator, just don't put it here. 2...
  12. Spears

it actually was possible to pull of the manouver of doing a powerful thrust, only not with a pike, it was mostly used with a shorter spear, and the thrust was propelled with the left foot. I did make one mistake though:oops:, this was NOT used against other spearman formations, but rather in smaller skirmishing battles where when infantry charged on the spearmen they would burst out to put even more speed onto the spear, sort of like when one car crashes into a parked car doing 60, or when 2 cars crash into each other head on both doing 60. This was as i said, only possible with spears, and they had to be a bit shorter at that, so that you could pull back fast enough. Remember that behind the first rank there was a second rank with their spears over the first rank's shoulders, and their spear points only about 2 feet behind the first ranks spear points, and after the first rank thrusted, they only had to walk back about 2 feet and then they were safe enough to re-form.

Also I'm not trying to go for perfect historical accuracy, because if so then this game fails miserably at that, this should just give the spear more power, because I am trying to make it so that they are not so underpowered any more.
  13. Gladiator Mod official thread

Just a little question, but why are they like constantly moving inside of the formation? I'm sure that it's just a little bug, but you might want to try and fix that before release.
  14. Spears

Kissaki said:
    I'm sorry, but I was under the impression that Amman de Stazia was a woman? (No, not because of the avatar.)

yeah, but back on topic, remember that i also asked for an option to thrust while couched that would do a lot more damage than a normal thrust, but that it would take some time to get back into the couching, about 3 seconds. That should give it some offensive power also.
    Thrust while couched? I don't see how. They would be especially puny thrusts, in that case, because you're not in a position to use your body properly for offense. Or are you thinking of a technique I have not thought of?
    well, when you're couched, you bend down so that you can absorb the shock of the enevitable cavalry/infantryman running 30 kmph onto your spear better, and back then, when two formations of spearmen met up it was common tactics to thrust, because whatever side advanced advanced onto the enemy spears example:

o o o o o o o o o o o o o o
                                | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |                                                          |
                                | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |                                      o= spearman|= Spear
                                | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |                                                          |
                                  o o o o o o o o o o o o o o

Now just imaine that those spears are the same length, and that all of the spears are right in front of someone. One more step and you die. Now the ONLY way to get them was to stab, and that was done by just bursting upwards and this stab was in fact more powerful than a normal stab, because you were using your hands, as you would in an ordinary thrust, but you were also using your entire body, when it sort of exploded upwards.

And remember guys, i'm NOT asking for formations yet, i just want the couching ability for now, formations can come later.

15. Spears

yeah, but back on topic, remember that i also asked for an option to thrust while couched that would do a lot more damage than a normal thrust, but that it would take some time to get back into the couching, about 3 seconds. That should give it some offensive power also.

EDIT: Whoops, i thought that you were talking about me heh
Back
Top Bottom