Recent content by RaVeN

1. Troll Regiments

37thRoF is a pretty trollish regiment. I had the misfortune of being in a server with these teamkilling racists.
  2. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

saxondragon said:
    What I can tell you with a high degree of certainty, the next full version of POP will not be a mod.

Aye. PoP deserves to be its own standalone game.
  3. [DISCUSSION] Fan Suggestion Thread

zykox said:
    Snake Cult + Azi DahakaSomething else, it would be nice if Azi Dahaka would also...well...talk. Threats or insults or whatever. Just feels like all other gods (even minor ones with barely any importance...e.g. Vanskerry Haf Sigla) talk.

Good idea and it may extend to other bosses as well.

Taking the vile snake goddess for example: when you just start out fighting against her minions, she will from time to time taunt you with an omnipresent voice, describing you (adventurer) as puny, weak, and that she cannot possibly take the likes of you seriously.

But as you progress more and kill more and more of her minions and complete more storyline quests, her taunts slowly turn to worry and anger. If there's a final battle/quest, then her taunts will be curses and rage the closer you progress towards the final battle/quest.

This gives a bit of sense of accomplishment, progress, immersion and role-playing true feelings.
  4. SP Medieval Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A World of Ice and Fire (v8.1 released 7/3/22)

Brienne of Tarth said:
    Articulo34 said:
    Brienne of Tarth said:
    I bought a sword with one hand/two hand, how do I switch to 2 handed? x or z arent doing it
    When you have a "two/one-handed" weapon it means you can swing it one-handed if you are also using a shield, otherwise you´ll swing it two-handed.

I tried swinging it alone as well, and I was still using one hand  :???:

Because you don't use both hands?

3385377-brienne+of+tarth+7.jpg
  5. [UNAC S5] Single-elimination

DoF champion 2015

It is known

EDIT: too lazy to change my MP nick
  6. Why Viking Conquest is the best mod released to date.

kalarhan said:
    Heskeytime said:
    RaVeN said:
    I am happy you could have fun with Viking Conquest. I wish I could too.

But how are people who do not like it in the current state trolls? And how am I a troll when you are the one posting these?

Of course. I, the person who did not use any name calling or condescending use of the "lol" emote, is the one resorting to insults.

Ignore him, he's just a troll. He's one of maybe 2 people on the forums who seem to be 'White Knighting' about how amazing the DLC is, he probably has some personal stake in the DLC doing well.

If it was a free mod i'd understand that we may be considered 'ungrateful' for our complaints, but it's not free, and if you buy something you expect it to work. Ignore the troll pretending otherwise.

I played for 2 hours. Took pics. Break time. Soon will be time to enjoy some more gaming time. Unless you think people should play 24/7?

I never said the game is perfect. But I can say that whoever calls it a failure, that one minor bug is gamebreaking is a troll. No argument + childish behaviour is the definition of a troll.

And my arguments, all based on actual gaming time and with pics, is solid and shows that the game is indeed playable. If someone has a tech issue -> tech subforum. Ranting wont help.

And saying that someone that likes the game must have some connection with the devs... man... thanks for the laugh.

I am going back to Britain now. Have fun with the forum kids. I will see you tomorrow in... what.. 14 hours or so. I may even bring some new pics. Who knows!

Helm, set course to Wessex. Full sails! And bring me more ALE!

With your statement you confirm that you did not even read people's posts before posting, and you are calling us trolls for "no argument."

You claim that we are calling the game broken because of one minor problem. Nonexistent textures and frozen AI in battles are not minor problem for a released finished product. I played for quite a while, played two campaigns and 4 multiplayer games. I think I know what I am saying is at least genuine.
  7. Why Viking Conquest is the best mod released to date.

I am happy you could have fun with Viking Conquest. I wish I could too.

But how are people who do not like it in the current state trolls? And how am I a troll when you are the one posting these?

kalarhan said:
    Wolfsblut said:
    Installing the game on a PC instead of a toaster might help.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

kalarhan said:
    TIDM2 said:
    RaVeN said:
    kalarhan said:
    Far from great. It will need a few patchs to be good.

But playable for now. Pics: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=319639.msg7563651#msg7563651

Anyone saying its a failure or making fun of one missing texture is just trolling.

Sounds like I can draw a stick figure and you can still be impressed.

His game looks fine to me and if he isn't having any problems with it then I don't think that's fair.

He is just trolling. When trolls have no argument (and they usually dont) they try to distract everyone by using insults.

Yo dude:  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keep trolling. I will be too busy playing and having fun later tonight!

Of course. I, the person who did not use any name calling or condescending use of the "lol" emote, is the one resorting to insults.
  8. Why Viking Conquest is the best mod released to date.

kalarhan said:
    Far from great. It will need a few patchs to be good.

But playable for now. Pics: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=319639.msg7563651#msg7563651

Anyone saying its a failure or making fun of one missing texture is just trolling.

Sounds like I can draw a stick figure and you can still be impressed.
  9. Ok so it's a bad release, no big deal

Rallix said:
    Be useful guys. Report the bugs and make comments about what you think the source of the problem might be.
    Don't be negative or act like an ass, just show the devs as much info as will be useful to them.

We aren't the beta testers, we're expecting a fully functional product. A few bugs or areas that needed patching is okay, and we will accept it. But whining about how the game doesn't even have properly functional battles (i.e. enemies spawn but will not move at all in battle) isn't being an ass.
  10. Esellerate - need my MB key

I bought MB 8 years ago through Esellerate now when I enter my order number and e-mail it says it is no longer with Taleworlds and I cannot get my key. I searched and found that it is better to e-mail developers regarding this, which I did but I have not received any response for a week. How...
  11. I am a Chinese, I for our government disappointed

You are right about that. There's around 18 native speakers as of 2007 out of 10 million Manchus.
  12. I am a Chinese, I for our government disappointed

Hate has to be directed at certain people. It is only natural to be hateful towards the Qing, representation of weakness, rigidity, and imperial rule when you are trying to build a republic. What is the point here?
  13. I am a Chinese, I for our government disappointed

Kharille said:
    Read China by Arthur Cotterell.  The bronze age stuff is boring.  Hm, Qing...  Well, I get the feeling any Qing in the 20th century probably had to hide their identities since people were hostile to them.  One way of integrating them, scare them so they pretend to be Han.

I think the Chinese who go to Thailand also adopt Thai names so that they can fit in better.  Heard its really bad in Indonesia to be Chinese.

Manchu was an ethnicity of privilege at the time and there were Han we were "accepted" into being Manchus.
  14. I am a Chinese, I for our government disappointed

我是中国 said:
    This is the invasion of the Barbarians

Of course the CCP has an agenda of promoting ethnic brotherhood since ancient times but they aren't wrong in saying the Qing were Chinese. I say this for several reasons:

Without the Han in their ranks, the Qing would have achieved absolutely nothing. Think about all the defectors and collaborators and do not forget it took a Han Chinese to open the Great Wall; the Qing did not fight their way in into the central plains. The Aisin Gioro were Ming vassals and part of the Ming Empire before Nurhaci's Seven Grievances and subsequent rebellion. Invasion of barbarians is one way to look at it but considering their dependence on Han Chinese and judging from the political status of the Aisin Gioro and Qing, it was by no means a foreign invasion of China but a rebellion or a civil war, or a mere part of the massive upheavals during the late Ming Dynasty.

The Qing also regarded themselves as China and Chinese. Quotes from Cixi the Manchu empress herself:

"量中華之物力,結與國之歡心" - Give them whatever China can afford, just keep them happy

"法术不足恃,岂人心亦不足恃乎? 今日中国积弱已极,所仗者人心耳,若并人心而失之,何以立国?" - If we cannot rely on the supternatural formulas, can we not rely upon the heart of the people? China is weak: the only thing we can depend upon is the heart of the people. If we lose that, how an we maintain our country?

Lastly, foreigners at the time looked at the Qing as China. You could fine some period maps to prove this.

China as a nation and national identity is a very modern construct. Of course Manchu are a different ethnicity, but why are they any less Chinese than Han like you (I am guessing you are one) and me?
Back
Top Bottom