Recent content by Ranger243

1. Closed Smithing bonus disappears after load

Summary: The rarity bonus when smithing an item disappears after a load of the game. How to Reproduce: Craft an item with a Fine, Masterwork or Legendary bonus, save the game and exit then return to the game. Have you used cheats and if so which: None I know this has been reported before, it...
  2. Resolved Crafting fine, masterwork or legendary weapons lose their plus values after loading.

Just want to toss out that I am on 1.1.6 and it's still an issue. Is the fix for 1.2?
  3. Resolved Problem with allocating units to appropriate groups [v1.0.0]

This is a copy+paste from my bug report on steam which is the literal exact same issue.
    Summary: Mounted Companions are regularly in the wrong formation. Melee cavalry will be infantry, archer cavalry will be either infantry or cavalry.
    How to reproduce: Get companions, equip them according to the way you want them to fight and give them a mount.
    Game Version: 1.0.0
    Mods: Without mods on freshly installed game
    Cheats: None
    Scene Name: Any battlefield
  4. How are companions sorted within the party troops?

Is this new in 1.9.0? Newer ever had such problems, but I'm still at 1.8.1.
    No, it's not a new feature, just an incredibly clunky implementation of a new feature. I've long given up on a good pre-battle assignment setup from TW, I'm relying on modders to fix the game there, my complaint is that if they were gonna do that stupidity they could at least have it set up so you could pick out what you wanted to go where. I mean, maybe I'm wrong but I feel like an option that maybe says "is mounted" along side the "has polearm, has bow/crossbow ect..." option might be... well..... SUPER USEFUL AND INTELLIGENT. My complaint mostly is during the battle though, if they are gonna make this big complicated and mostly worthless slider assignment system that loves to auto-assign troops to the wrong formation then at least make it so when you transfer units in formations during the battle you can opt to do the same thing so I can at least get a general idea of how many of my cavalry are suddenly thinking that they are infantry, despite being rather well mounted yet.
    It is, to me, incredibly frustrating because I am not a fan of the "CHARRRRGEEEEEE" mentality that they have assumed every BL player has, I get into battles and I want my heavy infantry to take the brunt of the hit while my light cavalry circle and go for the HA and my heavy cavalry intercept their heavy cavalry and my light infantry circle for their archers ect..... but instead what I get is.... "CHARRRGGGEEEE". The AI has better control over their troops and formations, at least give me what they have for gods sake.
  5. SP - General Customize troop formations

Basically title. I know that for some reason, that I haven't seen a passingly decent explanation for, TW has decided that the players shouldn't be able to customize their army anymore and has given us these fun filled auto-sliders that sometimes work maybe if you prayed to the right gods at the...
  6. How are companions sorted within the party troops?

I'm having basically this issue with my regular troops also, have several cavalry that are somehow being assigned to infantry and infantry that are somehow cavalry. Trying to move them around in the formations just results in more chaos. It's one of those things that I really appreciate about the new forced assignment system they implemented. "You wanted that guy with a horse and lance and no ranged weaponry at all to be a cavalryman? Nope. He is an archer."
  7. SP - General Let friends drop-in during battles to possess allied AI of your singleplayer campaign

The battle-time mod for warband did a decent job of allowing you to fight in battles, even giving you the option to take control of certain units so that there could be a dedicated commander for, as an example, the cavalry. With the current technology I don't think it would be super hard to add something like that into Bannerlord, even if it were just sitting and watching someone else play and then joining them for fights I think that would be awesome, you could basically just be a companion to your friend and fight with them in battles like an actual companion.
  8. SP - General Snowball Effect Fix

Oh the part about mods wasn't really referred to you, more to the OP, sorry I should have specified. And yes, heck yes. Mount and Blade is all about mods, it's just a little early for them to be stable (honestly it's impressive that we even can mod the game at this stage, I don't know of any other game that allowed mods of this scope this early).

I never said anything about the mods being the fix, in fact I actually stated that it was my method of a temporary fix until the leadership tree gets fixed. My suggestion was to allow all lords to have a minimum of 25 leadership so that they can all get a training perk right out of the gate rather than only the few lords that lead armies getting them. If all lords are able to actually train troops right out of the gate then the peasant armies won't be as numerous, something that I personally found to be incredibly boring once you get to late game where its pretty typical for a 1,000 man army to have about 500ish peasants in it making it basically just a walking xp farm rather than something to actually be wary about engaging, not to mention that in simulation those peasants get straight smashed by higher tier troops which allows for lords with significantly less men to take on bigger groups and crush them, which further leads to a lack of recruits being available for the defeated lords to replenish with, which means no armies to fight back with which means no defense as the enemy rolls down on top of them and slaughters them abd wipes them out.
  9. SP - General Snowball Effect Fix

I won't disagree with either of your points, there are definitely other things that make for the snowball effect coming into play, however one of the biggest things that I have personnally noticed, and thus fixed temporarily via mods, is the recruit armies. It has made a massive difference in my games in the first years to have done this, the major countries that typically snowball for me (Vlandians and Khuzaits mostly) have been kept in check by the other countries and I very strongly believe it is due to the fact that the lords are able to actually train thier replacement troops rather than constantly rushing into battle with an army of recruits. Maybe this issue has been fixed in 1.3, I am just now starting a new game for the 1.3 branch so I can't say I have any real experience with it just yet but this has allowed those countries that are in multiple wars, and thus using every single recruit around (annoying if you are trying to find troops of the same type if I say so myself) to actually fight with decent troops rather than simply recruiting a full stack and then promptly losing the whole thing in the next major battle because it was mostly recruits.

It has been said that the snowballing effect is different for everyone so this may not be the fix for you but given that it has worked so well for me I would have to say that it is definitely a step in the right direction.

I have to say my biggest snowball offenders tend to happen within the first two or so years of the game, those that win the first early battles or get a lucky siege suddenly become top dogs by wiping the faction that lost that battle/battles and taking thier lords. Changing this so that those lords have actual troops in their armies means that even if they lose a battle they still have a snowballs chance in hell should they happen to run into another enemy lord later on, rather than simply having a peasant army get slaughtered by a trained army of troops that didn't see a defeat or Pyrrhic victory.
  10. SP - General Create your own kindom Units

I love this idea, it is one of the biggest things that I hope they add to the game. The ability to custom create an army of my own "culture" would be absolutely amazing and I think it would actually fit decently well with the lore of the game given that so many people use so many different methods of fighting. Setting up an army tree that "copies" several different other cultures to make a tree that fits your own playstyle more closely would be amazing. I think the easiest way to implement something like this would be to have you "choose your culture" when you create a kingdom and then have any villages that you conquer slowly convert to that culture over time, which will allow you to recruit troops of your own making from the villages and towns as your kingdom starts to expand. This would also fit in with the idea that instead of just helter-skelter throwing together an army you are rather taking the time to train and prepare an army that you feel will allow your kingdom to prosper, something that nobles and kings often did in real life when they found some sort of armor or weapons that they particularly enjoyed.
  11. SP - General Snowball Effect Fix

I know this has been an ongoing issue with the game so far and that there have been several different patches and updates meant to help address this so I wanted to share something that I did to my own game that has seemed to work rather well. So far I only got to about 900 days in game so take...
  12. In Progress I keep crashing to desktop when I start the game. I can't get to the main menu and I've sent two crash reports.

This happened tp me when the launcher put the default modules in the wrong order, there is a launcher mod on the Nexus that allows you to sort the order of the modules and if you use the auto-sort feature on it then it will sort the default modules to the correct positioning. I was having the same problem for a while and that fixed the issue for me.
  13. [e1.1.0] Leadership and Steward skills have mismatched passive bonus.

As of right now the stewardship is the only skill that the AI can train so from a balancing perspective its necessary that it be set up like this to ensure that the AI aren't always constantly running around with little 50-80 man parties and getting smunched on by the bandits everytime they end up needing to get some more recruits.

Not that I am against allowing the AI to train leadership in ANY way at all. I would MUCH rather have them train leadership, especially for the perks, than train stewardship.
  14. Why Main Character Age More Older?

I agree with the premise for a couple of reasons, the largest being that with a character being of that age in that timeframe they would tecnically be considered already in the later stages of their life since the average lifespan of people during that time was around 40-45 years. Secondly, and also somewhat of an issue imo, is the character skill level at the beginning of the game. The skill level of the character is lower than what you find on 18-19 year olds, let alone the older companions and with a background such as the one created for the character it seems like after learning the various skills the character then just spent the next several years letting them atrophy until the beginning of the game, which seems counterintuitive to me and not just a little silly. Reducing the character age would allow the character a more realistic start given the skill levels and would also allow for a more realistic start from a roleplaying/authentism perspective.
  15. trade is broken - making no profit

My dude I didn't say you couldn't make profit with current mechanics, I was just agreeing about the high end goods largely dipping after a couple sold. My biggest issue is selling everything I smelt because it dips so much, like Fine steel will go from 800's to 500's after one sold; what do I do with the rest of the thousands of smelting mats I have...? Give it away less than at cost.

I do seem to run into problem with this green / red text? I never get that in my trade window. My specs are full out trade and charm too.

The problem isn't that the goods drop too quickly, its that you are selling them in the wrong towns. I see this happen most often with ore related goods but it definitely happens with other goods as well, horses and certain foods being others that I have noticed. The trade is dynamic and you have to pay more attention to it than just "I bought it low here and it sells high here so bam done". If, for example, a city has a forge and that forge has been having issues getting iron ore to continue its work then the iron ore obviously goes up in price so it seems like a good place to drop your ore. However if you aren't paying attention to the tides of trade around there you might think you can just drop off a ton of ore and make a killing but the issue they were having wasn't that they couldn't get enough ore, rather it was that there was too much demand for the ore at the time, so you went to dump your cargo and flooded the market with so much material that they have no idea what to do with it. Conversely however if the town is struggling because of war and bandits and they desperately need that ore because they can't get it anywhere else then they will be more willing to pay a premium price for the whole cargo. Selling high end items, especially like tamaskene steel and the like, have a niche market and while the original price may be quite tasty unless that market needs large quantities for some reason the price will very rapidly dip.

The trade mechanics in this aren't just point and click, if you want to be a trader then you have to watch the wars and the bandits and find the cities that need cargo and buy from the cities that have plenty/can't get rid of their stock. It is a fantastic and wonderful system that makes trading so much more fun and invigorating because if you aren't paying attention, or you miss something small, then the cargo that you thought you would be flipping for a 300% profit suddenly dips to a 30% profit.
Back
Top Bottom