Recent content by Ra'Jiska

1. Ra'Jiska

Resolved Can't defend castle after paying for safe passage

Summary: After paying for safe passage to avoid a battle to a clan, it's not possible to try to break in to defend my castle as it states "I have sworn not to attack" How to Reproduce: Pay for safe-passage for an AI army through barter. Have this armer attack one of your fiefs, which you won't...
  2. Ra'Jiska

In Progress Integer overflow for clan relations when freeing member through battle

Summary: Clan relations seem to experience an integer overflow resulting in decreased relation by -2,147,483,648 with a whole clan (seems to cap at -99 when looking at the members of the clan afterward) How to Reproduce: Freed a member of a clan through a battle by a lord who was raiding a...
  3. Ra'Jiska

Resolved Shepherd perk gives negative bonus to speed

Experiencing the same issue here.
  4. Ra'Jiska

SP Other [WB][STORY MODE] The Erased Century

Those features truly look impressive.
  5. Ra'Jiska

Development Update - UI and Multiplayer 01/08/20

Great new format.

However the reporting system gets me a little worried. Is it something that would be reported to the server owner or directly to TaleWorlds ? For now this doesn't make any difference, but it will when private dedicated servers will be rolling.
  6. Ra'Jiska

MBSubModuleBase research and finding : How it works

Thank you for your research and your detailed explanations.
    This thread was added to the Research papers list.
  7. Ra'Jiska

Extreme body sliders

Oh my, this is beautiful ! How do the helmets adapt to such deformations ?
  8. Ra'Jiska

Are dll's safe to use? What does Tale Worlds do to protect users from Trojans or Malware in mods?

Yeah, even if they are open source you can't verify the files submitted are the same as the files in the source so I guess the only safe way would be to build the source every time :/

I guess you could run the game in a VM somehow??

The idea of having it open source is so that you can compile it yourself, so that you know the built binary is the one that uses the open source code .
  9. Ra'Jiska

SP MP Native Online Chat for Singeplayer

I am sorry for double posting but this is an important update which needs to be seen by all the users of my mod.

These issues will be handled as soon as possible. Server code is pretty fresh at this point and with problems like these it will mature up. These are the datas I could find while working atm(Hell yeah multi tasking!). After I finish my work for the day I will be able to deep dive into this mess and implement a proper firewall system for incoming of spam and empty datas. Soon there will also be version controlling system implemented to make sure that only up-to date users can join the server so that they can't abuse the old bugs/glitches that are present in old clients. This might push back some of quality of life features that I have been working on a little bit later in the release schedule, just to let you all know.

Please, do not post IP addresses or any personal data on forums (especially because there is mine :razz:). I removed the screenshots with IP addresses of your users.

Concerning the crash, I am most likely the reason of this. Concerning the memory dump, this is because your program must have a flaw somewhere that must make some infinite loop or something as I absolutely did not do any stress test. Please, also do not that I did not use any sort of client, but simply opened raw sockets to your server and sent a few random bytes.

Finally, you do not need to configure a firewall but a proper input sanitization in your code, which clearly is not the case yet.

Edit: The no message spam you have received sounds like a common socket closure improper check. You must be reading message from a socket that has actually been closed.
  10. Ra'Jiska

Yeah, I am planning to turn the server side into a commercial project for multiplayer games in the future(after implementing UDP and after making everything %100 async). Until I can find a proper licence which prevents people from using the server for commercial purposes without my permission I plan to keep it private for a while. I am not really good with legal stuff and GitHub's standard license lists does not seem to provide such a licence... lol

But in the meantime you can fire away any questions you have ^^

I see. Well, I was more interested in keeping an eye on the security and vulnerability aspect of the project. Concerning your licensing problem, I don't know much about it but you may be interested by having a look at the CC-BY-NC license which allows open source and prevents commercial use.
  11. Ra'Jiska

No problem. Is the server side code no more open source ? Wanted to check a few things :smile:
  12. Ra'Jiska

Execute functions called in XML-Prefabs

I am also interested in the answer to those questions, couldn't quite figure out how the link between the GauntletUI and the VM source file was made.
  13. Ra'Jiska

• Therefore I need to figure out a way on how to send PMs uniquely. I would really appreciate advice regarding this.

Associate an ID to each client. When you want to PM you send it to the client ID. You can achieve that by assigning an incrementing ID for each connection (whatch out for overflow), or CRC32 for IP + Port of your client.
  14. Ra'Jiska

Tutorial Other Install and manage mods with Vortex

@adrakken @dealman Please, let's stand clear of debates from now on on this thread. You both have interesting point of views on the matter, however this is not the place for such a discussion and I invite you to create a thread in the relevant section to discuss this matter further. Thanks.
  15. Ra'Jiska

SP Native Companion Party

Upgrading and recruiting troops has become a shore after you reach 100 troops; this is way too repetitive.
    How would it work when you'd have an army of hundreds of companions to micro manage ? Especially if you have a high turnover due to massive battles casualties.
Back
Top Bottom