Yeah, even if they are open source you can't verify the files submitted are the same as the files in the source so I guess the only safe way would be to build the source every time :/
I guess you could run the game in a VM somehow??
I am sorry for double posting but this is an important update which needs to be seen by all the users of my mod.
These issues will be handled as soon as possible. Server code is pretty fresh at this point and with problems like these it will mature up. These are the datas I could find while working atm(Hell yeah multi tasking!). After I finish my work for the day I will be able to deep dive into this mess and implement a proper firewall system for incoming of spam and empty datas. Soon there will also be version controlling system implemented to make sure that only up-to date users can join the server so that they can't abuse the old bugs/glitches that are present in old clients. This might push back some of quality of life features that I have been working on a little bit later in the release schedule, just to let you all know.
Yeah, I am planning to turn the server side into a commercial project for multiplayer games in the future(after implementing UDP and after making everything %100 async). Until I can find a proper licence which prevents people from using the server for commercial purposes without my permission I plan to keep it private for a while. I am not really good with legal stuff and GitHub's standard license lists does not seem to provide such a licence... lol
But in the meantime you can fire away any questions you have ^^
- Therefore I need to figure out a way on how to send PMs uniquely. I would really appreciate advice regarding this.
@Lumos @Ra'Jiska can we mark this for a [tools] section (subforum) or sticky it? In order to not be missed in the mix of hundreds of mods
Like I said, I am aware that fire arrows can be achieved by editing xml.
This mod only added trail_particle_name to all the arrow items.
It's uncontrollable, like you can't make the enemy burns, the arrow will disapear when it hits a target due to the burning="true" flag, but without it the arrow stays with the particles on and consumes tons of GPU memery, the behaviours are all designed by native game and you have no controll over the logics.
But by implementing it myself, I can get a lot of things done. Like the point lights on the arrows are white lights if you are using the xml way, but I added the point lights myself so I can make it orange which looks more like lights from a fire.
And by implementing it myself, I can make the arrow stay where it hits instead of disapearing, and only remove the fire particles and point light so that GPU memery usage won't be too high.
The main problem is still the exposed API doesn't return the reference of the ParticleSystem generated on an agent.
I can make the hit target burns when he gets shot, but I can't mke the fire go away after a few seconds, it will always be on the agent.
My goal is to make a working fire arrows and fire swords mod that can lit the hit target on fire and deal burning damages.