Recent content by Ragnar Bell

1. Ragnar Bell

FenrisBarn

By the way "River Pirate" you really missed out when we met up in real life. Next time we link up you are coming no matter what happens. Was literally arranged by the Gods and one of my favorite memories of this life time.

When we found out you weren't coming...
    gXKM2.gif
  2. Ragnar Bell

FenrisBarn

The handle is attached with handmade nails punctured through then bent down onto the wood. Least favorite part was attaching the rawhide. I am done sewing things for at least two weeks.
  3. Ragnar Bell

FenrisBarn

Took a long time to build this. Fenrisbarn shield. My dogs Freyja and Tyr's paw prints / runes on the left and Fenrisbarn trademark on the right.

YcZb48L.png

q9zW3j7.png

4. Ragnar Bell

Remember VIKINGR?

I would be honored to be a matyr for the days of old.

Let the record show that I said not one word of what you just said.

Now I am ready for the ultimate and final NERF!

I feel like a Vikingr version of V for Vendetta.

"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy. And ideas are ban-proof"
  5. Ragnar Bell

Remember VIKINGR?

Eadric already said it best.

"Gone are the days..."

Agree to disagree

On a side note, if we ever acted like Celtic just did on these forums we would be banned. (Although I would never want Celtic to be banned just for having too much cider and talking on the internets)

I miss this game and quite frankly I miss arguing with you guys as well. It has been fun.

Happy Yule.
  6. Ragnar Bell

Remember VIKINGR?

Éadríc said:
    "Gone are the days"

Indeed they are my old friend.
  7. Ragnar Bell

Remember VIKINGR?

Gentlemen, I miss this game more than any game I have ever played. In its prime, it was the best game I have ever seen. I thank the DEVs for all the good times I have had. GODS I miss Vikingr. In this last year I have been trying to fill my Vikingr void with random games and non of them do it...
  8. Ragnar Bell

The Mead Hall

The argument is purely based on the situation. As I said, "if given the option"

The MOD currently does not give you the option. You leave it behind every time. Which as I have stated, doesn't make sense.

We aren't going anywhere with this are we? Now I just want to talk about being able to recover your life...which I believe can be recovered later.

Also, on a different note BANNER SAGA is AWESOME!
  9. Ragnar Bell

The Mead Hall

While 11thC warfare and current warfare is not comparable in terms of weapons and tactics, the idea of someone wanting to kill you and the common sense that comes with it has not changed at all.

If given the option you would not leave your primary weapon on the ground. You would not do this on any battle field, past, present or future.

10. Ragnar Bell

The Mead Hall

According to your logic...the only reason you cannot sling your bow is because the situation favors speed  over common sense.

However, the game does not give a faster draw time by dropping your bow. You are only given the disadvantage of losing your primary weapon.

As a soldier in real life I can honestly say this makes absolutely no sense. We are issued primary and secondary weapons. (rifle and pistol)

If the situation is "dire enough" ('oh ****, got to be quick) to draw your secondary weapon, you certainly would not drop your primary on the ground. There is not a unit in the world that trains this move because it's borderline retarded.

11. Ragnar Bell

Community Art ! [first post depository]

Insanely talented man. I am so impressed.
  12. Ragnar Bell

PREVIOUS EVENT: Éafanheall

I will be there! I Can't wait!
  13. Ragnar Bell

The Vikingr Appreciation Thread.

I love this mod! It makes me incredible happy. It keeps me out of prison. Good work and thank you!
  14. Ragnar Bell

FenrisBarn's position on the matter - revised

I personally don't think people will see eye to eye in this no matter what is said.

When I first started playing vikingr, I was the worst player there ever was. I did not get a kill for what seemed like months. The best players were always on the other team. This mods huge learning curve and the heavy based team play is what truly appeals to me in this game. 8 to 9 months later I STILL suck at the game! From what I have read is that you are worried that new players won't have fun playing.

Honestly, sometimes you are the hammer and sometimes you are the nail. This is the way of the world, of WAR and of life. It is really how you approach the difficult circumstances. This is what makes you a man. The world is a cold dark place. How could you loose heart after a couple of bad rounds in a video game? What are you going to do when the wolf comes in real life.

I have had my share of unfortunate events in my life. You get past these events by fighting. By hard work and realizing the the strength that resides in true teamwork. There is no forum filled with diplomats to help solve things that you don't agree with. If you really could win with "limited effort" like what was said in older posts please do it. Are you telling me that you are not willing to put "limited effort" in to solving this "problem"? Can we just play the game and have fun?

Some people, myself included are perfectionists. When I do something in life I strive to be the best at it. This is how some people are. Our clan has some great players in it but we are not invincible. (FAR FROM IT) If you put forth the effort displayed in these threads in game you could beat us. There are many other clans (FERN has AMAZING PLAYERS and people) that have true talent in their midst.

It is really funny to me that a lot of people think SKYPE is what makes it unfair. If you could hear our actual conversations on skype you would probably all laugh at us. We talk MORE about what our second favorite animal is than any sort of tactical content. I enjoy these guys company and I will never stop using skype with them.

I will do whatever Bjorn decides is best for the clan but if it was my choice I would simple say "Vikings have come to Vikingr, ask Alfred the great how to stop it"

Like I proposed before, I was hoping me and Guth could never talk to each other ever again. This would alleviate a lot of unnecessary problems. I don't like trash talking or verbal anything...I enjoy fighting. If you agree Guth please don't respond.

We could all stop talking about this now and post our second favorite animals. Which I think is important.

I choose...Belgian Malinois which is my wolf dog. My wife chooses the polar bear.
  15. Ragnar Bell

FenrisBarn

Dragomir I get so stoked every time I see that picture!
Back
Top Bottom