Recent content by Raamon

1. Raamon

Compilation of 82 little tweaks to the text files to change your gameplay(links)

So whos gonna test if all the tweaks r working in the new version? :grin:
  2. Raamon

Compilation of 82 little tweaks to the text files to change your gameplay(links)

The barrier things on map are actually some sort of rivers or canyons - and in map editor you can find objects called "bridges" on some of these places on the "grass". Problem is your hero doesnt take account of them in his road calculation before he bumps into em. Sometimes, on lower levels, that hurts.

As for the party templates, they are save-game compatible. Just that they work for all new-coming parties only, as the ones that are already in the game have no use for templates. Kill the lord - he respawns with the new template used. Same goes for changes to bandit parties.
  3. Raamon

Some russian guys here got a superb idea for some1 to script - make player's party behave like a Lord's party at some points of the game. More precisely - make it possible to turn on auto-follow command when the marshal/king gives you an order to follow them. Or at least, before the module system is out, make it so that IF you select follow mode just via right-click, no diaglogues appear when you catch up with the guy, when the military operation is taking place. Not sure its possible to code such a thing before the module system though.
  4. Raamon

Eric_Clapton said:
    Hi, first, sorry for my bad english. Second, thanks for some great tweaks. Third and most important, one more tweak i tried to find, but didn't: Theamount of xp given with ctrl + x in cheat mode.

I played my dude to lvl44 honestly, now i want to play around. But to hit the ctrl + x about thousand times per level is just too f***ing annoying. So can i tweak it to 10 000xp, 50 000xp or 1 000 000xp per hit of the crtl + x?

Thanks in advance

Eric
    Errrrrm. You really want to drink all the water in the ocean using a spoon? To get level 60+, you need around 25kk exp I think, while it was something around 5kk for level 45.
    Isnt it easier just to export your character, open it in notepad and set something like 10000 str for 2.5k+ hitpoints and 1-hit kills and 200+ agi to run faster than a horse and other things which work "just like the cheat mode"?
    Or just set un-allocated skillpoints to a high number and start clicking again your thousands of times to get some 400+ masteries - or just type in the number in that same export char txt file. As easy as that.

The export file contents, pun in CharExport folder(and probably name like your character, e.g. Eric.txt).
    When you export, you can re-type the char name, entered this here just to moke your selfconsciousness:  :razz:
    charfile_version = 1
    name = Cheater
    xp = 50000000
    money = 10000000

attribute_points = 0
    skill_points = 0
    weapon_points = 0

strength = 10000
    agility = 400
    intelligence = 500
    charisma = 500

trade = 10
    leadership = 10
    prisoner_management = 10
    reserved_skill_1 = 0
    reserved_skill_2 = 0
    reserved_skill_3 = 0
    reserved_skill_4 = 0
    persuasion = 10
    engineer = 10
    first_aid = 10
    surgery = 10
    wound_treatment = 10
    inventory_management = 10
    spotting = 10
    path-finding = 10
    tactics = 10
    tracking = 10
    trainer = 10
    reserved_skill_5 = 0
    reserved_skill_6 = 0
    reserved_skill_7 = 0
    reserved_skill_8 = 0
    looting = 10
    horse_archery = 10
    riding = 10
    athletics = 10
    shield = 10
    weapon_master = 10
    reserved_skill_9 = 0
    reserved_skill_10 = 0
    reserved_skill_11 = 0
    reserved_skill_12 = 0
    reserved_skill_13 = 0
    power_draw = 10
    power_throw = 10
    power_strike = 10
    ironflesh = 10
    reserved_skill_14 = 0
    reserved_skill_15 = 0
    reserved_skill_16 = 0
    reserved_skill_17 = 0
    reserved_skill_18 = 0

one_handed_weapons = 1000
    two_handed_weapons = 1000
    polearms = 1000
    archery = 1000
    crossbows = 1000
    throwing = 1000
    firearms = 0

face_key_1 = 1b4103588
    face_key_2 = 473391669ecd96dc
    Not sure bout the face thing, but I dont think it even exports these(the ones you already have in the game remain, if I remember correctly). Same goes for kill ratios.
  5. Raamon

Omg, you havent heard about it yet? World of Goo is out!

Well, as I said before - can take ages to finish each level with "perfect" score, but in some levels even finishing at all is problematic.
    Its FUN and your brain gets something to eat too, both creative and logical - that's just what's needed from an indie.

As for lemmings, they were a lot more plain and not as interactive and even though I have em right here on my hdd, I'm never ever going to play them again.
  6. Raamon

Could be fun to add a bigger piece of code into the 2nd/3rd defense stages so as to make the amount of defenders random. Like 2-5 per spawn point vs your 5 guys. :grin:
    Too bad these mini-games are mostly cramped in really small rooms and it could be  a bugger.

As for having a country of your own without a claimant - was me who tested it out, with the "hack" thing that makes the game think you are serving a pretender. You get the dialogues which you would normally get if you were helping the pretender before he actually becomes a king - which is giving out fiefs and castles. A bit buggy(as you can screw up all your relations with all the lords you recruited), but its working.
    And lords sometimes lose their brain if you ever order them around(tell him he's free to do whatever he wants - and he just stands there too happy to move) and I dont think you even get a marshal, ever.
  7. Raamon

Bearclaw said:
    Hey I have a question:

After editting the script according to MageLord's post for "Changing the way the king gives new land to", I get a crash each time the game almost finishes loading initial screen with the ini files etc. I only editted the value to give me 2x chance if I captured a castle by myself and I also gave me 20x the relationship bonus.

After editting those I try to run the game and it crashes every time but the original script.txt works. It may have something to do with Vista's admin access? I"m not sure.

Another possibilty is that I edited it wrong but I followed the instructions on this page:
    http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,46290.msg1219470.html#msg1219470

Basically I changed the value of the 3 (the game originally multiplies by 3 then divides by the 2) to 4 to make the bonus 2x. And I changed the last value highlighted in yellow (the relationship) to 20 to give me a bonus of 20 instead of 2.

Any help would be appreciated thanks.
    You messed something up. Probably changed the wrong number, as they are repeating sometimes, like the 2s and 3s.
    And wth - why divide 4 by 2? Put 2 and 1 instead!
    Slawomir of Aaarrghh said:
    TheMageLord, you mentioned that it is possible to convince other lords to join our rebellion (even without having pretender with us), but is it possible to give them fiefs? In other words - is there a way to make the pretenders dialog "who to give this fief" appear without having the pretender in party, for example by assigning it to one of companions?
    If I remember correctly - as long as you have the quest taken, you are "representing" the king-to-be and can recruit lords and most likely give them land too(unless the pretender does it).
  8. Raamon

Even if you "finish" it, there is still OCD to do.
    Press Escape->OCD to see the requirements. And getting all missions in all the chapters "flagged" will take tens if not hundreds times the time it took you to get to the last mission of the last chapter.
    So far seen some guys with 697 balls in the tower mode, but dunno if that is the maximum.
  9. Raamon

People too lazy to even download demo - use youtube to at least look at the gameplay trailers.
  10. Raamon

There is a demo version.
    Maybe on one of these review sites. Its about 32 Mb in size.
    Here, on gamershell
    Link on official site in news to filefront.
    Link to forums for mirrors made by people.
  11. Raamon

2DBoy official site link. The game is actually AWSOME, best 2D game of the year or something like that. :D On official sites, you get a dozen links to game reviews on some popular internet game magazines, like IGN or PC gamer. An extra link for the russian-speaking guys. In short - its an...
  12. Raamon

Yea, wonder what devs are doing. There are dozens of dozens of dozens of great ideas on how to improve the gameplay from the players by now and nobody to listen to them.
    And yea, Dwarf Fortress didnt work out for me, I prefer something more like Dungeon Crawl SS. Tried the adventure mode in graphical mod of DF and didnt quite get the point of it.
    And Im also enlightening russian gaming community on another forum about all these tweaks and features discussed around here, as they r too lazy to go to official servers and read stuff in english. :wink:
  13. Raamon

Omg, I my guess about deserters was correct even not looking at the code :mrgreen:

As for UnReal World it gets boring too fast, even if you choose one hell of a difficult scenario...
    If people were actually living like that some 500 years ago, I'd better die than live like that, without a PC with M&B installed.
    And the latest version is buggy too with things like invisible enemies and constant crashes, guess thats why you're still around. :wink:
  14. Raamon

G36E said:
    AFAIK, what you've highlighted for the deserters are their culture and hostility towards the player, there is no way to set what/who spawns in a deserter party.
    You so sure about it? Because Im, somehow, not.
    Started playing CalradiaRising mod just yesterday - 100ish deserter parties, having 5x(1-:cool: of each conutry's units named deserters(thats the template) + over 100 real deserter units, like rhodok crossbowmen.
    You can affect deserters parties by setting a template for which units are a must in there and also there is probablt a script/trigger that makes a deserter party in the first place - it should contain a script, similar to player's recruiting in village. Triggered by some X(more than X deserters in an area from all parties), amount of units and their upgrade chances depending on some Y value(possibly player's level), contry/area Z spawns a party of deserters.
    Dont think the amount of deserters matches the amount and type of unhappy guys who ran away from your/lord's party because of low morale.

As for the "being the king" mechanics - it has some "features" or maybe bugs in it - giving a village to some lords decreases relations with part of/all others and +5 with this one, while giving to another just gives the +5 thing - personal relations with former enemies - if you give land to the former lord's archenemy, he hates you - you get a penalty equal to their relations(if they were at war with -50, you will get +5 on one lord and -50 on second one). So hard to be a King. :grin:
    That's actually the reason some lords even agree to come to your side - their AI King made some "wrong" decisions while sharing the captured lands, so some of them got negative relations with the King thus giving us a possibility to get a new lord for our own country. Its a 0..100 random roll to get the lord after you set your reasoning and the base chance, depending on lord's happiness about his country/King.
    This thing might need some tweaks altogether, if a King-mode is to be added in some Mod, as with each captured object even the AI King gets more penalties on relations, than bonuses. Especially with his equation thing, which doesnt even let him make a "best choice" according to feelings of some sort - its pure maths. So after some country captures a dozen of objects, you can just come over and recruit every second lord without any trouble, as they will all be on negative terms with the King by the time. Why only half - because with each guy you get, your persuation formula gets a penalty, for you already have some of the lord's "archenemies" in your country.
  15. Raamon

Mount & Blade siege sucks

Cookie Eating Huskarl said:
    Fei Dao said:

The trick to Almerra Castle is to lead your men around the castle, and kill the snipers on the walls. Once a sufficient number of snipers have been shot down, you can send in your men.

i knew that... but the first wave of my troops only had 4 archers... can't do anything much with 4 marksman
    Thats what superheroes are for? :wink:
    Maybe if all sieges had 3-4 ladders - or all sieges had a siege-tower, some places could be taken without a superhero.
    As it is now, its all about running up the ladder first and jumping over the enemy heads so as to get to their archers.
Back
Top Bottom