Recent content by Queue

1. Queue

Mobs

SAUS said:
    jacobhinds said:
    Sprinting is already a mechanic in warband but most people don't know it's there because it doesn't have a shift key attached to it.

When you move forward on flat ground, you speed up and hit a max speed similar to human sprinting speed. If you're naked this can be quite fast and you might take 2-3 seconds to reach it, but if you're wearing a ton of armour and carrying weapons it can be fairly slow. Most people carry weapons for all 4 slots, use really heavy armour, and put barely any points in agility/athletics and then wonder why they're so slow.
    It's not really a sprinting mechanic that way, though. There's no way to temporarily out-run enemies unless you will ALWAYS outrun them. You can drop your weapons, but usually that won't be enough. You'd also be out of weapons that way :razz:

I have done a pure AGI build before for testing it out and you end up running really fast. Like REALLY fast. Even with some armour and weapons equipped. It is still not sprinting, imo, it is just moving faster.

I'm having cRPG flashbacks.
  2. Queue

[S] Morrigan Stay

Bagr said:
    Hi :smile: I cannot find this dlga_morriganle.... in the conversation.txt file. I have tried everything, with no result, I tried to copy this code to the file, also didn't work. (Sometimes it does! :grin: )
    I downloaded this game in october last year. I think that game makers made some actualisations, bug fixes or something, and changed the code, so I can't find it. Is it possible? Or what should I do, please?
    And sorry for my english.

The current vanilla version has it at line 1851.
  3. Queue

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

RoboSenshi said:
    reiksmarshal said:
    The only thing Bannerlord fails at is banners! :razz:

I'm seriously so hyped, but I hope we can see banners on the battlefield like in these mods or who knows something better in the final product.

Hispania 1200

48700_screenshots_2014-08-21_00002.jpg

panoramica.jpg

Clash of Kings

Lannister_shields.jpg
    Those images really highlight how far mount and blade has come with the efforts of the modding community. If those awesome bastards can create these masterpieces out of warband, I can't wait to see what mods are available for Bannerlord 2-3 years after release. Especially after seeing the game play videos.

Speaking of which does anyone have a better recording (especially soundwise) of the live play on Saturday? The one with Adam Driver (Kylo Ren) as the character.

There's this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVt0BR5GuMs although the sound definitely has difficulty.
  4. Queue

NPC Troop Ranged Proficiencies - Poll

Shaxx said:
    Ahh, the speed, that must have been it. It looks like a minor tweak to archers is all that I will do.

Yeah, I personally would put it at about 70-80ish , unless you're going for that Native feel.
  5. Queue

Shaxx said:
    QWW said:
    I don't have an issue with the throwing weapons because they are meant to be thrown at large groups, by other large groups.
    Historically, you mean? I must admit I have never researched their use in small scale engagements... I know their certainly how I win most duels, throwing spear to the neck beats just about anything, if you can hit it.

QWW said:
    But the non-throwing weapons could definitely use some sort of re-balancing, not to the level of Warband, far from it, but still to make them more useful.
    From what I can tell, the proficiencies are nearly the same from bottom to max for most troop trees when compared to Native, so not sure why it feels so different from the accuracy levels in Native, perhaps edits to the weapons themselves (which I do not think) or some other engine mechanic under the hood.

My point when it comes to throwing weapons the damage is devastating, so increasing the accuracy too much would make them very powerful. They are even more effective when thrown in large groups when the infantry lines meet in the game.

As for the bows, Native's bow speed hovers around 90, while Viking Conquests is around 60. So in Viking Conquest the bows are weaker. I disliked the power of bows in Native, they ended up too strong in my opinion, but the bows in Viking Conquest seem to week, I would never sub out infantry for archers right now.
  6. Queue

I think the primary issue is the non-throwing weapons, they need more accuracy. I don't have an issue with the throwing weapons because they are meant to be thrown at large groups, by other large groups. But the non-throwing weapons could definitely use some sort of re-balancing, not to the level of Warband, far from it, but still to make them more useful.
  7. Queue

SP Musket Era War Getting Worse Beta 2.20

Tüfekçi Başı said:
    QWW said:
    zorlu said:
    Oyuna top eklenmesi lazım 1700 lü yıllarda geçen bir oyunda top olmaması çok saçma

Google Translate has failed me, I'm going to need an English translation.

Late but :grin:

"Cannons must be add. Game is about 1700's, this is very nonsence."

Haha, better late than never. Thanks for the translation.
  8. Queue

SP Dark Ages [VC] Sword and Shield - A Mount and Blade Warband Viking conquest Overhaul

JuJu70 said:
    QWW said:
    Kale3 said:
    QWW said:
    JuJu70 said:
    Hardly improves it, more like unbalances (cheaper weapons and more loot), I would call it an Easy Fantasy Viking mod, but, hey, whatever rocks your boat

I find myself agreeing with you, but even you have to admit he brings up a good point on the spears.

Spears were dominant weapons in viking times, the AI still doesn't use them right, but they ARE effective with them. Honestly I still find my sword better but spears are great, but only at a distance. I reckon I wouldn't survive a spear to back if I was just wearing a tunic.

My comment was directed towards Juju. I feel like any changes to make spears more viable are a good move.

What about the spears? I don't think they are useless.

Maybe not useless but they are not as good as a cheap axe or sword. The AI especially has some problems using them.
  9. Queue

SP Dark Ages [VC] Sword and Shield - A Mount and Blade Warband Viking conquest Overhaul

Kale3 said:
    QWW said:
    JuJu70 said:
    Hardly improves it, more like unbalances (cheaper weapons and more loot), I would call it an Easy Fantasy Viking mod, but, hey, whatever rocks your boat

I find myself agreeing with you, but even you have to admit he brings up a good point on the spears.

Spears were dominant weapons in viking times, the AI still doesn't use them right, but they ARE effective with them. Honestly I still find my sword better but spears are great, but only at a distance. I reckon I wouldn't survive a spear to back if I was just wearing a tunic.

My comment was directed towards Juju. I feel like any changes to make spears more viable are a good move.
  10. Queue

JuJu70 said:
    Kale3 said:
    JuJu70 said:
    this mod vastly improves the horrible balancing and realism issues of Viking Conquest

LOL, that's quite a statement  :roll: More like castrates :razz:

Alright, I changed it to say "Improves balance". :smile:

11. Queue

[S] Morrigan Stay

Psyckosama said:
    Any chance at eventually making her marriageable? I mean that would be the best capper to that storyline possible.

Unfortunately the Module System has not been released so adding that is almost impossible.
  12. Queue

[S] Morrigan Stay

wakeforce139 said:
    Guessing these are just popping up because the mod isn't updated to latest game files?

That's correct.
  13. Queue

[S] Morrigan Stay

greatkingdavid said:
    does this work with the lastest updates?

It isn't updated yet.
Back
Top Bottom