Recent content by Punchtown Hero

1. Punchtown Hero

Bannerlord major fall on Steam most played games

I am just waiting for updates :smile: League of Legends in the meantime
  2. Punchtown Hero

SP - General Bring Back the System Messages Log, please.

+1 also add an option to filter what gets displayed on the world messages
  3. Punchtown Hero

SP - General Buffing Sturgia - introduce deadlier winters with food shortages & starvation risk.

2) I'd also make it so that army food upkeep varies with the season:
    • All other empire troops (except Sturgians) consume twice as much (i.e. +100%) food in winter [when above the snow-line] when they are not stationed in a city.
      • When troops are stationed in a city - either in a garrison, or just an army "waiting" in the city walls (in winter/above the snow line), this extra food cost is negated.
    In addition to this, I've also been looking at villages, they tend to produce anywhere from 1-4 grain a day, all year round (if grain is not their main production focus, they produce much more grain if it is their production focus) and this output doesn't seem to vary much with the seasons.
    3) I would change village output so that:
    • Villages above the world map's snowline [i.e. villages in the snowy bit] produce half as many food products each day (so not just grain, but also olives, dates etc) in winter seasons.
      • This will mean that the northern empires are always hungrier in the winter and will need to prioritise granaries - or go to war southward to raid for food.
      • (I haven't played around much with fief management, but maybe the sturgian cities could get a bonus starting granary level to reflect their adaptation to the winter).
    A little oversight on one crucial element here though.... Caravans. They will buy up Sturgian grains and sell them to the other starving cities that armies are buying the grain from since their consumption will be higher their prices are going to be higher.

I personally like the thought behind this idea though :smile:
    Honestly, yeah food should be more expensive in the winter. It would also add an extra layer indirectly to being a trader.
  4. Punchtown Hero

SP - General Early Access = Exhausting Alpha

That theres nothing to do anymore since you can easily train up being OP without repercussions.
    Yes, this is is big reason behind nerfs. Things being too easy leads to boredom which leads to people not playing their game, same goes for it being too hard. Gotta find a middleground and strike a balance.

I guess we will just have to live with this kind of people due to a high popularity of the game in it's current state. They will either drop out of the community or stay here long enough to see the game finished. Their presence is quite annoying though. I can't believe how disrespectfu, impatient and lacking ability to read with understanding some people are.
    Odd wording while quoting me but I think you're talking to me and not about me right xD
    Yeah it'll happen eventually, not all of em though.
  5. Punchtown Hero

This thread is now officially pointless.
    It was pointless like 5 posts after it was created.
  6. Punchtown Hero

Can I ask you something? Does Bannerlord even come close to the amount of things Warband has in terms to do? Does it have the same amount of content? Is it really an updated Warband with better graphics?
    Yes already did. Yes but due to balancing issues you can reach the end game far quicker so it can seem like there is less to do, also some features are just in as placeholders and inactive/unfinished. Yes and no, content is comparable to a degree but it is lacking in some areas and expanded in others. You could argue this either way honestly as it has almost everything Warband has to offer, yet a few pieces are missing or incomplete but it throws in some new stuff as well and expands upon previously existing features.

Good enough?
  7. Punchtown Hero

I like the influence system

lt will be a good improvement if you could donate more than 50 influence at once to your kingdom clans. Having let's say 10 vassals and 10k influence, being able to give only 50 influence it's frustrating and time wasting.
    You can do this though, or you were last I checked on patch 1.2.0. I spam it to raise relations with everybody in my kingdom.
  8. Punchtown Hero

Trading 225 kills the game

If I have enough money, why can't I buy land?? Why do I must have other land to trade for??
    Because not only is it boring and unfun to just take over the world in 10 days when you have a crap ton of gold(what're you going to do after hmm?) but it's also very unrealistic... If you're going to sell your fief off to an opposing kingdom you might as well join them because the king is going to have your head for letting the title pass from his realm so you can be fat, rich and lazy temporarily. Less control, lower income, less recruits (if they're an enemy).

If somebody offered you 150,000 to never be able to have an income again would you take that deal?
  9. Punchtown Hero

Trading 225 kills the game

Which is exactly what I'm doing. I started a new game, with a self imposed condition to not buy any fiefs. It's annoying to do that though, and while of course it's not an emergency issue, it is important that the devs are aware of how broken it is. You have greater faith that upon release this will have been changed.

Change it today? No need. Eventually though, this needs to change. Hence the feedback post. :razz:
    Yeah change it eventually but right now there is no rush, I think most people much prefer to be a murder hobo then a filthy rich merchant.
  10. Punchtown Hero

southern empire has taken over the entire world

Strange, are you playing on current version or the beta? When I was playing 1.2.0 I didn't notice anything like that, 1.3.0 beta seems to be a little more aggressive on the warfront but I just started fresh again and it could be because everybody has max armies raised right now.
  11. Punchtown Hero

Parties earning excess gold - bug or feature?

Well, these guy are not looting on their own. They are in MY army just as they were before they had their own party. We are attacking the same enemy parties as an army, so it doesn't make sense that suddenly we get more loot as an army of 3x100 parties than we would get as a single party of 300 troops.
    That's because they each individually get to loot, you really think theres only a few pitchforks and boots you see after the battle is over? If you have 3 parties searching the battlefield for loot afterwards they're bound to find more loot than 1 party.
  12. Punchtown Hero

Shield Wall

Skein, but you need to manually set the Line so that it forms a proper wedge, is used to break Shield walls. Make a Wedge formation, and advance it into the Shield wall. The point the the Wedge drives into the Shield wall, opening it up and dividing it. Forcing the shield wall to Turn into the Wedge, thus exposing 2 flanks, to either archers, or Cavalry.

At least that was the historical use for it. I haven't tried it in game since the Shieldwall changes. Give it a go.
    thanks for the info, the ai is bad at shieldwalls but maybe I can utilise it anyways to provide my archers a good flanking position without having to relocate them all the way around the backside. Cav on the other hand is unfortunately useless.... was watching some videos and most of the time they end up losing, watched like 120 bannerknights lose to 150 t1-t2 infantry... thats just sad.
  13. Punchtown Hero

Take a break from the game, and if in a few months time, the game is still in the same state, then I would warrant that deserves the flak and ire.

Again, there's plenty with the game that deserves valid critique and needs to improve, I don't disagree. It's a bit early to be gathering pitchforks and assembling the mob, though.
    This little piece right here +1
  14. Punchtown Hero

Shield Wall

That's the intent, but for archers it mostly winds up with them just kind of dancing at the edge of their range and not firing very much.
    yeah, I think thats mainly an issue with allies getting in the way though. Troops wont use ranged weapons if an ally is blocking their LoS
Back
Top Bottom