Recent content by primethief147

1. World map of M&B

Thing is, if the map was this big, a lot of CPUs would choke and we'd require around 12GB of RAM. I'd love to play on the full map, though...
    Maybe have it as separate maps that you can travel too. Hell they might add an invasion mechanic of you bringing your previous kingdoms army over to the new map to conquer, an option to higher a ship/caravan to travel with a small party to one of the new maps, or have an option to start fresh. Lots of potential for future DLC.
  2. 1.0.6 gives XP for tournaments and...practice matches?

"sigh" So people in this thread are complaining about fighting in a practice arena giving you experience in fighting... for practicing fighting? This is like people arguing 2+2 shouldn't equal 4.
  3. POLL: Should players be able to disable the aging mechanic?

Then why bother even having aging if people aren't going to play long enough for it to become an issue?
    Because its a cool way of showing your character progression in the world. By the time you reach the end of everything you can possibly do (after the games official release) you're character will have grey hair and a couple of grandchildren.

As another person said though in the games current (and probably future state) you can't just drop dead all you'll notice after... say 200 hours (which there is not even close to enough features right now to warrant that type of time investment) is maybe some grey hair and if your characteris marriedsome kids you can easily ignore.
  4. POLL: Should players be able to disable the aging mechanic?

The point is it shouldn't have to be done by mods. It's clear a lot of people want the option to play this like the previous Mount & Blade games. Considering that someone has found an option to disable aging already exists in the code and files, TrashMan's nonsensical post has no weight. It IS an issue for plenty of people.

If y'all want Crusader Kings so badly, Crusader Kings 3 should be out soon. Those who want Mount & Blade should get Mount & Blade.
    Your not gonna play long enough for ageing to become an issue... hell has any of your characters died of old age yet?....Do you even know if they can die of old age and if they can what age is it that they die?

Your big argument is that Bannerlord is turning into "the sims" Last i checked i dont need to take a shower and have a **** in Bannerlord. Ya you can have kids in this game but nothing requires YOU to get married or if you do have kids even bother interacting with them. Calm down by the time your game is over at best your character will agr maybe 20 odd years which is over 100-300 hours (tired so im not doing the math). I guarantee you a factiom will haveether conquered the map or you will in that time.

If it really is that big of a deal for you, either wait for the Devs to activate the option to turn ageing off closer to release (because its gonna become an option eventually) use a mod, but right now there are a lot of other features(fixing sieges/adding rebellions/proper kingdom management/more lord dialogue options/fixing stats/fixing in game market prices/ect) that need to be added/fixed instead of a feature most people will barely even notice.
  5. POLL: Should players be able to disable the aging mechanic?

Aging and the heir mechanic is cool. I think that basically everyone agrees that making aging an option is better, so like, I don't understand why people are still arguing with each other. Should aging be an option? majority says yes, and that's all, no need to go on a hundred word rant about how warband is better and how you like rpg and not getting pressured by time.
    Dud have you been on the forum lately?
    30% of threads= People complaining they got ripped off after doing no research on the product they bought. Edit: or people complaining about a feature that is obviously not finished yet.
    30% of threads= People yelling at each other over an optional feature that they will eventually have an option to turn off either by a mod or closer to full release(<- thats this thread)
    30% of threads= People asking questions that could be answered in under a minute if they bothered to look up the question.
    9% of threads=People complaining about the combat and people complaining about the people complaining about the combat.
    1% of threads= actually respectful discussions with people giving constructive criticism in order to hopefully end up with a better game by the full release.
  6. To many whining kids

"Sigh" All i can say to the people complaining that they were "ripped off" is if you had done your research you would know that Taleworlds told us since the announcement of early access 6 months ago it wasn't finished, buggy, and (heres the important part) DONT BUY THE EARLY ACCESS WHEN IT RELEASES UNLESS YOU WANT TO HELP WITH DEVELOPMENT, PLEASE WAIT TILL THE FULL RELEASE.

Like come on they couldn't have been clearer what state Bannerlord was gonna launch in, no one held a gun to your head ordering you to buy Bannerlord now instead of later when it is (hopefully) finished.

Criticism is wanted and neccessary (its half the reason the game launched in early access), but saying you got ripped off when you were warned to not buy expecting a finished game just makes you look dumb.
  7. Guys it is an EARLY ACCESS

Criticism is always valid and needed. Hell half the reason the early access released was to get player feedback. However saying you were cheated out of your money or that garbage "but...but its been in development for 8 years!" Argument is just stupid. The game was developed for 2 years but they had to scrap the engine along with most of their work and they spent probably several years making a new engine. What we are playing now is the work of about 2-4 years mixed with some of the scraped concepts from the failed version.
    Furthermore ever since they announced the early access they have REPEATEDLY sayed dont buy if your expecting all the planned features to be implemented or for it to be bug free at the early access launch. Obviously a lot of people didn't listen to that, but that dosen't mean they didn't say "Please wait until the official launch only buy if you want to help bug test/give feedback to help with the rest of development."
  8. How to get lords to join your kingdom?

Player kingdom management isn't implemented yet.
  9. Will there be an option to name our MP characters apart from our steam names?

I'd say it would be best to be able to create several characters with different appearances and name them individually. That might not be necessary for competitive modes, but it would be wonderful for creating roleplaying scenarios and things of the sort further down the line.
    I... actually agree with this. Maybe something similar to Ghost Recon Wildlands where in that game you could give custom looks to each class. In Bannerlord it could just be custom character appearances per faction.
  10. Costum Troops aka Houseguard

I mean wouldn't that just be companions? Just give them the same armor, a seperate command tab, then order them to follow you at the start of the battle and bam guards. They already follow you into towns in Bannerlord.
  11. beta.taleworlds.com

Still nothing for me, but still hoping for the best.
  12. Is there a permadeath mode?

I mean the answer's obvious: just dont get married in bannerlord so you dont get kids.
  13. [MODDING IDEAS] What setting interests you the most among these (Singleplayer)?

@HunDeTroie Gotta start off by giving you points OP normally when people make polls on things i only find like 2 things i would actually want but on yours ive found like 5-7 so gg.

Now personally there are three specific mods i want:
    1.For Honor mod- played a lot of for honor and i always thought the setting would be perfect for a mount and blade mod. Maybe have 6 different factions (2 knights/2 vikings/2 samurai). Could go into more details on ideas for this mod but i dont want this to drag for 20 paragraphs.
    2. Rome Total War start- Basically the one you put at the top of your poll (which is also the one that got my vote). That era is probably one of my favorites in history there such a huge variety of cultures (Rome/Gaul/Carthage/Greek/Egypt/etc) it would be an incredible mod for Bannerlord.
    3. Star Wars:The Old Republic- Probably my favorite time period in Star Wars is the time right before the second galactic war between the Republic and the Sith empire during the cold war. Not sure how it would work in Mount and Blade Bannerlord, but ive seen the star wars mod for warband and if its anything like that id be in heaven.
  14. Will players be able to have children (aka clan system) in Early Access on March 31st?

Hmm guess there's no clear answer ah well heres hoping it's there cheers for the responses.
  15. Will players be able to have children (aka clan system) in Early Access on March 31st?

No children until at least 9 months into early access.
    You have a dev quote to prove that? Not saying your wrong just want a source.
Back
Top Bottom