Recent content by ppga

1. ppga

Latest 'update' makes it impossible to select any module except Native

You can start the game, but the menu screen won't let you load or play a game. Looks like all content was removed from the SandBoxCore module directory, maybe meaning it and all the other modules that depend on it cannot be selected?
  2. ppga

'I'm warning you, there's dozens of us hidden in the hills' - What if there really were? Scouting suggestion.

As a bunch of looters tried to scare me off by threatening me with their hidden friends (spoiler alert, it didn't work), it occurred to me what if there were actually were extra looters hiding that my scout didn't see and laid an ambush? When you spot other parties on the map the numbers and...
  3. ppga

[DOWNLOAD] Prophesy of Pendor [v3.9.5 IS NOW OUT!!!]

For some odd reason, I never updated PoP past 3.51.

And now I see this.

It's like an early Christmas present!
  4. ppga

SP - General Skills and perks and choosing battle terrain

There are times when you want to fight on a particular type of map, open and at long range if you want to ride around an enemy on foot and shoot them, tight in the forest if the other way around, etc., so you try and engage on a spot on the map that looks like it might give you the battle map...
  5. ppga

Resolved Can't place siege engines when besieging Balgard

I built my siege engines but when I went to place them the menu only fits the two top choices, the ballista and fire ballista. I had made trebuchets, but when I try to zoom out enough to see them at the bottom of the list, the menu disappears. Can't place my towers either. It seems to have...
  6. ppga

Latest patch companions lost some perks?

That's perfect, thanks!
  7. ppga

Latest patch companions lost some perks?

I just noticed that some of my companions lost their perks, they're no longer golden, they're grayed out like the perks you can't select because your skills aren't high enough. It appears to randomly affect companions and skills, some companions still have their perks for the same skills that...
  8. ppga

Both create non-imperial and imperial kingdom quests active at the same time?

So I assembled the banner, gave it to Arzagos, and got the create non-imperial kingdom mission. He also said you should go talk to Istiana, which I did, and she gave me the create imperial kingdom mission. Last time I did this was a few months ago, and I'm pretty sure you could only choose one...
  9. ppga

Experienced, master and legendary smithing, do they work?

I've read that the smithing perks were implemented, but I've never seen it. I've got all three, 300 smithing, yet I have never gotten more than one or two bonus points to a weapon. Do they work, am I the unluckiest smith in Calradia?
  10. ppga

When my smith reached 275 skillpoints in smithing the perk transforms into "Siege Expert" and is no longer legendary smith for ALL my characters

Same thing happened to me. You do get two perks points when you hit 275, choose legendary smith and you still have one, then after you go up more in smithing you have the siege espert on top of legendary smith (which you can't see anymore) and can select it. Now you are no longer showing an available perk point. I wonder if they are both active, if it's a visual bug.

I started my game in 1.5.0.
  11. ppga

Companions have sp but don't level

Cool beans, thanks guys.
  12. ppga

Bannerlord is missing many good features from Warband and VC

Another missing feature I remembered is going to the castle after winning a tourney and dedicating your victory to a lady of the court for a relations boost.

It will be nice when you can have personal and clan relations, create a Romeo/Juliet situation among others.
  13. ppga

Companions have sp but don't level

So just noticed something about a couple of my companions. Nusun (your brother) is 254k/225k i sp, and another companion is 132k/128k in sp, should they not have gone up a level? It even says in the tooltip to gain a toal of -29k sp to gain a level, wtf?
  14. ppga

Bannerlord is missing many good features from Warband and VC

Prophesy of Pendor was great, the mod I almost exclusively played. Saxondragon, the lead, was a professor of game design at a university in the midwest as I recall. Didn't he make a follow-up mod with his students as a course? I remember him planning to.

Brytenwalda was also fun and innovative, they were the guys that later made Viking Conquest. That was not Taleworlds. Brytenwalda was set in post-Arthuian and Roman Britain, and before cavalry was much of a thing, stand in the shield wall! I remember talking with Arnoldo on the forums, they were largely Portuguese historical reenactors iirc. Maybe why their stuff was so immersive.

I am one of those who has been playing M&B since there was M&B for thousands of hours. There was so much Taleworlds had to draw from either lore or gameplay not just from M&B and Warband but from the expansions and mods. The mods especially gave what barebones M&B has always lacked, immersion. I never went back to native Warband once the mods started rolling in.

With all of that to build from, Bannerlord almost feels like it started from scratch instead. I get no sense that there is much recognition or understanding of what players loved about those games and that it is going to find its way into Warband. And some of the more interesting features that Taleworlds had announced for Bannerlord don't seem to be happening either.

'New engine' doesn't cut it from that point of view. Also, while everyone is loving the new graphics, I find everybody I talk to looks like the Pillsbury Doughboy. Chunky.

Count me among those who would like to be given some reason for optimism, because I haven't much atm.
  15. ppga

A lack of immersion and purpose

This is why as soon as mods like Prophesy of Pendor and Brytenwalda (by the same guys who wound up doing VC later) came out I never, ever, played vanilla Warband again.

Which is why I suspect the lack of immersion in the base game is a feature, not a bug.
Back
Top Bottom