Recent content by Pongo

1. Mount and Blade should come to 360.

It would be a great game on the XBox
    It would not be free to port but would not cost anything like a redevelopment.
    I would be suprised if this has not been evaluated by the devs allready.
    The only real argument against porting it is that it is not really finished enough. I doubt MS would certify it as is.
  2. This "lance thing" has got old..as did quite a few other issues.

SPD_Phoenix said:
    He said Veteran/Huscarl, not Recruits.

And yes, I let my 14 heroes and higher level troops babysit all of my new recruits sometimes. And sometimes we fight against equal number of sea raiders.

Ya and how did they get to be veterans and huscarls. By him fighting very hard indeed. So him saying "you dont have to fight in M&B" is silly. No one is handing you huscarls. You have to get your first crappy troops and keep them alive to get your first core of elites.  Then maybe you can sit back in easy battles and let them win. On easy battles. So as a counter to my point his is very weak. The reason why weapons dont degrade in M&B is because we as the player are expected to do a great deal of fighting. Far more then is realistic. So weapons damage isnt realistic.
  3. This "lance thing" has got old..as did quite a few other issues.

Robrecht said:
    Pongo said:
    Ya no weapons are damages in M&B, but that is because the objectives and intensity of combat require so much killing by the PC. If you were only fighting one battle a month, you could expend the lance, but the tempo of the game would be alot different.

Really?

Because my force of Nprd Veterans/Huscarls doesn't need me to help them at all.

All I need to do is tell them to hold a position, place my PC behind them and wait for the enemy to crush itself against the wall of Nords.

For that matter it doesn't seem to make any difference whether my enemies are mounted, archers or infantry, Huscarls with their shields can just stand there and stop whatever tries to attack them.

Really?
    you have never been involved in any fight as the PC? You got nords to level 28 without involving yourself in their battles? 
  4. This "lance thing" has got old..as did quite a few other issues.

Ya no weapons are damages in M&B, but that is because the objectives and intensity of combat require so much killing by the PC. If you were only fighting one battle a month, you could expend the lance, but the tempo of the game would be alot different.
  5. This "lance thing" has got old..as did quite a few other issues.

Galvonized, it was confusing for everyone, pass it on when the next guy asks in a few weeks.

SPD,
    I think your grasping.
  6. Unofficial fix for Dhirim siege problem.

Didnt seem to work for me.
    But at least I know to look up in the air for that siege tower. lol
    I will try again.
  7. This "lance thing" has got old..as did quite a few other issues.

Sir Bommel said:
    galvonized said:
    I have knocked 30+ enemies unconscious using the  Just Run With Lance Out method.  pure BS 

He is saying that the blunt trample damage from his horse has knocked 30 people unconscious without any of them being killed by the lance.
    couched lances do not do blunt damage. They kill.
    So he is saying that he has NEVER landed a couched lance hit.
  8. This "lance thing" has got old..as did quite a few other issues.

G36E said:
    Sir Bommel said:
    You guys obviously didn´t get the point that the OP, DOES know how to use the couched lance, he is simply complaining about not being able to aim with the lance itself, instead you have to turn your horse. There should be the ability to have a limited movement (+/- 10° left/right/up/down). Two knights with lances wouldn´t ride head on (into the opponents hors), when trying to knock the enemy off his horse.

I agree to everything he wrote, except i still think it is worth the money i spent (30 bucks).11

What he said.

Please people, read the OP properly, confusing as **** it may be, but there are subtle parts of the English language which can change the meaning of a sentence.

Your incorrect, having read it twice he clearly does not know how to couch a lance in the game. I do not see how you could come to any other conclusion reading his post.
  9. Compilation of 82 little tweaks to the text files to change your gameplay(links)

TheMageLord said:
    Every new release has bugs to work out, theres going to be a bugfix Friday. I'm "still here" because im addicted to forums. :grin: I'm also on the URW forum, the Dwarf Fortress forum, and I was on the Darkfall Online forum until it got infested with brainless idiots. I haven't actually played M&B since Saturday.

I wish the M&B devs still talked to their fans like Sami does... they've been pretty silent for years now, and ever since the release they haven't said a word.

Well you have certainly added allot to this game, well done.
  10. Compilation of 82 little tweaks to the text files to change your gameplay(links)

TheMageLord said:
    A new UnReal World just released, so I'll probably be playing it over M&B until the module system is out, so if I get a bit unresponsive that's why. I will probably still take time to reply, just saying if I don't...

So many game releases, so little time :grin:

Wow, thanks for the link, that is a hard game.  The mechanics seem very familier...
  11. Compilation of 82 little tweaks to the text files to change your gameplay(links)

CatalystDestiny said:
    Pongo said:
    What your descirbing has nothing to do with how gentry and nobility were treated when they were ransomed. Just saying.
    They were treated very well normally.
    Taking an enemy captive for ransom would be the default expected behavior and would probably not have any negative impact on your relations. It was the expected behavior on all sides. The concept was even enshrined in their tournements, were you might have to ransome your armour.
    This game makes it out like something only a scoundrel would do. A scoundrel would kill you not take you captive.

Yeah except when you factor in this is a game, where your two primary sources of income, are blatant and open market slavery, and the mass genocide of looters and sea raiders, modesty tends to go flying right out of the window lol...

Both are just realistic for the times reflected. But nothing to do with my request.
  12. Compilation of 82 little tweaks to the text files to change your gameplay(links)

What your descirbing has nothing to do with how gentry and nobility were treated when they were ransomed. Just saying.
    They were treated very well normally.
    Taking an enemy captive for ransom would be the default expected behavior and would probably not have any negative impact on your relations. It was the expected behavior on all sides. The concept was even enshrined in their tournements, were you might have to ransome your armour.
    This game makes it out like something only a scoundrel would do. A scoundrel would kill you not take you captive.
  13. Compilation of 82 little tweaks to the text files to change your gameplay(links)

Here is a petty request.
    When I allow a lord to be ransomed, I want all of the relations I lost with him by capturing him to be restored. It really sucks that if you take them captive your country gets allmost none of the lords that are available when country is defeated.

14. Compilation of 82 little tweaks to the text files to change your gameplay(links)

Well thank you very much!
    I tweaked the escape rates and the cow following and the king rewarding lands, love it.
    The missing siege tower didn't work for me.

I miss not being able tell a companion to wait somewhere with troops like we could a few versions ago.
    It was much better to drop off some troops to increase the rewards for fighting smaller parties.

Thanks for the excellent fixes and explaining how the scripts work!
  15. Is horsearchery any good?

You can select your character in the pregame to be pretty good at it to start as well. But he will get a stupid cross bow that you have to get rid of.
Back
Top Bottom