Recent content by Plutarch

1. Started a kingdom but every week lords relations drop?

Quintillius said:
    Now I get it. There is some flaw in the code, so you don't have access to the option of sending a gift.
    Without makes it a real challenge indeed. 

This small patch fixes a dialogue with the kingdom Steward. You can now spend 10,000 Florins (from kingdom treasury) to improve relations with a vassal. The relation bonusses of either sending a letter, granting privileges and more are increased.

Download link - Moddb

Unpack the file to: ...\Warband\Modules\Nova Aetas\.

* It's savegame compatible.

Have fun!

Great!  Do we give it directly to them or through a minister?
  2. Started a kingdom but every week lords relations drop?

Quintillius said:
    Guys, you can also spend 10,000 Florins to increase relations (gift).

To whom do you make this gift through?  Which minister?
  3. Started a kingdom but every week lords relations drop?

Second this motion.  In the meantime, hire a steward, send 100k a week "gifts", don't give towns or castles to more than 1 or 2 lords - and keep those 2 guys as happy as you can.  It is nearly impossible, especially with low rents.
  4. Vassal relationship drop

Screw it, I'm on V2 now anyway and nowhere close to being a monarch.  When I get to that point I'll try giving more gifts and managing it closer.  More to follow...
  5. Vassal relationship drop

nutellapie said:
    Quintillius said:
    Tell me, how hard is it to spend 60,000 or 30,000 Florins to these lords to increase opinion with 10 points?
    (Send gift option)

* Lords will defect when relationship is less than -50.

True but due to the income from rents being reduced in V1.2 I dont know how it will work out till I actually test it.

Quintillius gave a script modification on P5 of the suggestion sticky, I changed it to 200 to get around 2K per week for a palace.  The old rents were ridiculously high and it may have been possible.  Now, with the new rents, it will be impossible to manage more than a vassal or two.
  6. Is there is a way to tweak tech advancement rate?

Quintillius, tried your trigger file and it gives weird triggers, mostly companions near geographical features.  Also, each town mayor give "surrender or die" script.  I went back to the original one.

Do you have a script?
  7. Ideas & Suggestions

Quintillius said:
    In v1.3 rents are slightly increased.

EDIT: You can change the amount of rents being given.

1. Go to ...\Warband\Modules\Nova Aetas\
    2. Make back-up of menus.txt
    3. Open this file, find:

2107 2 72057594037927936 40 2108 2 72057594037927936 1000  Rent_out_for_{reg0}_Fl./wk

Change this to anything you want. Current 40 represents 40% of standard weekly rent costs.
    Be careful. I am not responsible for anything that happens to your game.

[!] - Any change to this will only happen to new rented out residents.

It works.  Changed to 200 and gives around 2K.  Thanks!
  8. Vassal relationship drop

I'm just starting V2 - new game - so I don't know yet but it will be much more difficult without the massive income from the rents.

Seriously, this one designed portion of the game is the only thing I find difficult to work around.
  9. Vassal relationship drop

Quintillius said:
    How many lords do you have?

in V1 - three
  10. Ideas & Suggestions

V1 rents were too large, V2 are too small.  Suggest bringing them to a happy medium - perhaps 2K per week for a 60K investment.

Still, an awesome mod all around.  Keep going in this direction, it is true and proper.

nutellapie said:
    I have a rather strange suggestion. After you get married with the male/female of your choice you can try and have a kid with that person. If you could make a script where you could have children that would be born and for a period of time to send them across the sea and educate them and only when they reach adulthood to return and serve your kingdom it would be pretty neat.

So basically:
    -ability to have children with your wife/husband with a chance of failure
    -notification when you succesfully manage to get pregnant/ your wife is pregnant (maybe if your character is pregnant then you can try and add some negative effects like if you are wounded in combat there is a small chance to lose the baby etc)
    -after your child is born there is an option where you can choose if you want to send him abroad and pay a weekly amount of money for his education or have him stay in you residence and grow up there but I dont know if you can implement a children model
    -when the child reaches adulthood you can choose if you want him to follow you,become a vassal and also a 'Heir' title for him or you can send him off and build a life for himself like you did

Because of the nature of the game I suggest that being pregnant should lest for a couple of weeks like 10/20 I dont know what the ideal number would be and reaching adulthood should last more than that.

Regarding what I just said do you think that this could be implemented?

Brytenwalda had something similar but I never pursued this "quest."  Maybe you have several children from a previous marriage that can meet you in Caladria after a certain period... that may be more time appropriate
  11. Vassal relationship drop

Had 2, now 3.  All are Archdukes and all decrease by 5 each week.  It is brutal and almost game-breaking if you want to have a kingdom.  I plan to keep 1, maybe 2 Archdukes, feed them castles and fiefs to keep them happy and make them super powered.  I don't see a way around it.

My Nobility has around 60-70% influence also - to the detriment of other classes.
  12. Vassal relationship drop

I had this originally posted in the suggestions, decided to move it here.  If you are a monarch, your relationship drops by 5 each week with your lords.  It was recommended by Quintillius that you should: - Give higher titles - Send Letter of Approval - Increase privileges - Send gift I have...
  13. Ideas & Suggestions

Quintillius said:
    - Give higher titles
    - Send Letter of Approval
    - Increase privileges
    - Send gift

Sure, I have done these but is there any way to slow down or stop the decrease?  Managing 2 lords is very expensive and time consuming.

Great Mod by the way, I am really enjoying it.
  14. Ideas & Suggestions

Relationship with kingdom lords is a huge issue.  dropping 5 relation points per week is too much - perhaps changing this to 1 per month would be more appropriate.  I have 2 lords and can't keep up with their relationship drops.  Am I missing something or does anyone have a suggestion how to work this?
  15. SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

AlfredValgard said:
    I absolutely love this mod and have spent countless hours on it, but there's one issue that prevents me from making any more progress. I have started up my own kingdom recently and I now own 3 castles and 3 villages. I have 130 honor, 500 renown, and 78 right to rule. I have about +40 relation with almost every single vassal in westaros due to my honor. Now, I am at war with the riverlands, who own only maidenpool and some other castle. They have about 20 vassals and I have great relations with all of them and I have the upper hand in the war. What bothers me is that whenever I try to send a messenger, who has 7 in persuasion skill, to try to persuade one of the fiefless riverlands vassals to join my kingdom, I always get turned down, which makes me angry due to the fact that I have so many positive stats that, in native, would make any lord join me instantly. Are no lords defecting due to a feature in the mod? If so, could you please tell me how to turn it off so that I can actually get vassals and create a kingdom.

Also, try to get your relationship up to 100 by giving troops prior to making the offer.  It does help.
Back
Top Bottom