Recent content by Plisken

1. Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord Video Review by IGN

I love this game, with Mods, but I can't understand the developers' intention, half of the work they did with the game, the scenarios, nobody uses it, I don't remember walking in a city or village anymore. Now even the trade has gone down, before I still walked around Calardia selling horses, it was the only profitable commercial area, now nobody wants horses either. I don't even know what to do in the game anymore, I kill looters, seeing the loot and little else. I even open a post about this trade setback but seems not be a general issue.
    Check out flesson19 on YouTube about trade. It's still very much part of the game.
  2. Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord Video Review by IGN

FTFY. Yes pathetic indeed. Hard for you to fathom that many people get no joy from the game and it feels like a poorly designed endless grindfest. 90% of Most People agree with ME on that.
    You keep saying many when it's less than .01%. There is quite literally less than 300 of you who are upset with TaleWorlds. Kinda insignificant.

That's like saying 1,000,000 people is a lot of people in a world with 8,000,000,000

Lastly; every single one of your posts on this thread is your belittling someone else's comment. There's no constructive criticism what so ever, no facts being supported by anything just opinions being forced as if they were factual, and all in all there's no reason for your participation if you hate TaleWorlds and Bannerlord so much, not to mention the community itself. Good day sir.
  3. Releasing the game in this state feels like a slap in the face

Money. Everything, boils, down, to, money. They needed it, console release supplied it.
  4. Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord Video Review by IGN

I just wikipedia TaleWorlds and Warhorse Studios (the Indie Developer of Kingdom Come Deliverance).

Turns out, Warhorse has more employees than TaleWorlds by about 33%.

I think people assume TaleWorlds is a Triple A company with hundreds of developers on their team. Yesterday I was reading an article that claimed 90+ for Bannerlord development. That's not very many at all and honestly very impressive that so few of people were able to develop this game throughout Early Access in only 2.5 years plus another almost 10 since original announcement. Most Triple A games these days take 5-7 years of development with over 10x the man power and resources.

Anywho, point is, 6/10 is a shady review for a game that delivers hundreds and hundreds of hours in it's Vanilla format then another several hundred of hours per overhaul mod. I think fair is 7.5/10 or 8/10 simply because yes, Bannerlord is missing some pretty basic quality of life mechanics and does have some bugs (thankfully not game breaking like so many of these untested Triple A company releases) and probably the most important, the wack AI. However, given all those issues I just mentioned, Bannerlord still delivers us a fun and exciting experience each and everytime. How can any of us complain about the joy we get? If you ask me, most people who are "upset" with TaleWorlds want their cake so they can eat it too and believe that they are entitled to have a development team do as they say. It's pathetic to be honest.

I personally love the fact that all the polls on social media that I've seen float around 90% in favor of Bannerlord which further supports Steam Reviews of a 9/10 (accurately) than a lousy 6/10 IGN review that probably spent less than 3 days in making said review when Steam has spent 2.5 years.

Significant and reliable facts.
  5. Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord Video Review by IGN

You may not be aware of this, but 85% positive reviews is average for Steam reviews. "Mixed" means a game is outright bad. Bannerlord's Steam reviews are average.
    Does this mean 6/10 = 97%
  6. Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord Video Review by IGN

6/10 in IGN is like 10/10 for game that doesn't buy reviews.
    9/10 on Steam :smile:
  7. Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord Video Review by IGN

Except it is WHAT is in the review that matters -that being the content. Now had this reviewer acted like your portraying ie "a herp this gAmE iZ Dump because I like battles with fIREbAlls and Spellz N stuFF..." ok. But this guy laid out very concise areas the game is lacking - a bullet point list very similar to another group of real Gamers -Taleworld forumites.
    I disagree with the bullet points but I also know future DLC and Mods will include or already do include responses to all or most of the issues. For me, I look as Bannerlord as a perfect foundation for Sandbox gameplay aside from the AI. I also understand a 90+ dev team put a ton of man hours into making this game playable and plan on putting a ton more into it. TaleWorlds and Mount and Blade have made gaming strides in doing something no one else has done and their attempt to make an Dynamic RPG Sandbox RTS appeals to me because I've had similar gaming ideas for the past 25 years since I was 10 years old in the 90s and first played Red Alert. They're doing it and they're doing it well. Put the original mount and blade next to Bannerlord at release for both and compare while understanding what it takes to make these things possible. It's not easy by any means and I think it will only get better with polish over the next year or two in post release.
  8. Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord Video Review by IGN

Personally, I have never taken anything said by IGN into consideration. Their "professionals" are some of the most 'out of touch' "gamers" I have ever had to listen to speak ever since early 2000s. I remember reading their reviews in Game Informer or other magazines all them years ago as a teenager and IGN always gave me vibes of their lack of being an authentic gamer or some Call of Duty kid who is a brat and their parents give them EVERYTHING.

Point is, they rate it 6/10 but Steam Reviews from actual genuine gamers say otherwise.
  9. In Progress Nice Dress

Don't judge Bortu for wearing clothes he is comfortable in, lol
  10. Senseless rebellions in the company

Usually I go take rebel settlements when I'm not part of a kingdom if it's happening that soon, and the beauty of not being in a kingdom with a settlement is NO ONE DECLARES WAR ON YOU.

🧀
  11. "Achievements 'Suddenly' Disabled"

I play Bannerlord with no mods or cheats and always have played this way since first purchasing the product about a year and a half ago in Early Access on Steam. For some reason, everytime I start a new campaign a pop-up appears saying "Achievements Disabled" even though I have acquired a few...
  12. Achievements not working.

I hope anyone caught using the mod that allows achievements gets all their achievements wiped clear, permanently locked from acquiring any achievements, their CD Key banned so they cannot have access to updates or MP as if they are playing on a cracked version of the game.

Real. Chat.
  13. Introduction/Hello thread

New member to these Forums, been testing Bannerlord for about 1.5 years now; habitually.

However, I have one small issue. Hopefully someone can help me;
    I could have sworn that the Player Character was considered Governor of any Fiefs they controlled/owned unless a companion or family member was assigned and this was confirmed by an Official TaleWorlds employee awhile back. I've been spending an hour to try and find this information on the forums so that I can sight my source when correcting people about the Player Character being Governor and the Governor perks working for them but I am unable to find any official response on TaleWorld forums.

Please help and thanks! 🙏
Back
Top Bottom