Recent content by placenik

1. [QUESTIONS] Quick Questions//Quick Answers (Redux)

Advice on farming Noldor for honor and relation? With autocalc value raised immensely, it is very expensive to do autoresolve. Is sheriff army any good?
  2. Mid Game Slump

I usually solo first 100 days at least. Solo meaning no companions, no party, no nothing. Hunt for tournaments and killable parties, bow and lance being your main weapon. And don't forget to join ANY lord fights on winning side, relations increase is cool.

On QG: When you solo you swim in $. After 10.000+ renown and decent leadership, Unique spawn shortcut is- go to town with Ransom Broker, buy yourself ~500 mercenaries (optionally approach to any lords that will join fray) and autoresolve. Dismiss mercenaries, take QG.
  3. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Is there any tweak to be able to garnison companions?
  4. Constantly losing honor

When talking on honor, how can you drop relation with faction without losing honor? 80+ relations limit is quite annoying.
  5. Confused new player regarding early game. Guides have done little.

Some quick pointers:
    -If you have at least 4 riding, find Golden Deer Warhorse or equivalent asap (any warhorse with 42 speed, spirited variant is better), you will be able to outrun most of enemies, and decent armor
    -Use crossbow, or bow to solo heavy-hitting infantry, and unhorse riders in the beginning. You know you can replenish ammo from baggage chest, right? Even Netherworld charger can be put down with enough ammo; It is boring though.
    -You can't lose Sarleon tournament if you go for horse kill+couched lance on "grounded" enemy using right to left riding swipe (same as vanilla Praven)
    -Mystmountain bandits/outcasts are easiest pray, as they have bad horses and bad bows, only Shaman throwing axes are dangerous

6. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

KarGreight Alkhanuni said:
    How ullro vetro gives bow,is it for worse bowman,or in time?
    When Wolfbode spawns. When he is defeated, bow dissappears.

PS: use Q&A topic for this.
  7. [BUGS] Support Thread for v3.9

I don't know if it was reported:
    -On bounty quest for Windriders, I attack Inquisition, Caliph Bahman joins, and my score gets reset from 9818/4800 to 100/4800. WTF???

EdiP: Also happens if I join him
  8. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Hornbow, or Hawkstorm bow? For player/companions
  9. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

IconracI said:
    Companions long range missiles auto upgrade: quality vs quantity?

At the moment they prefer Melitine Arrows (3p 42) over Noldor Arrows (10p 32) or Arrows (1p 40) over Bodkin Arrows (3p 34).

Opinions?
    Quantity, especially for larger scale battles.
  10. Inquisition doing their job too well against D´Shar?

When on Inquisition, is there any real benefit of being on positive relations with them, since they are target for D'Shar Orders bounty hunt?
  11. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

TheAnyKey said:
    Do horses in your inventory influence your travel speed? If so, is there a max. number of horses to benefit from? Are faster horses better?
    If it is same as in native, and I think so, they do, up to 6 horses as someone tested some years ago.

PS: Anybody knows any hack, to add proper "end of map" wall, so I actually see when I'm approaching it?
  12. Special spawn defeated but managed to escape, i am sick of it

Leonion said:
    Oh, I forgot to mention - in case someone didn't read the changelog attentively - it won't help in 3.9.
    The outcome of the battle won't change if you keep reloading the save file before it.
    But you can always fight another battle before it to change rnd generator :/
  13. Nal Tar / Torbah tournaments are hardcore

Hell, I consider those tournaments easy. Even on low levels of everything. Archery/Throw skill doesn't count much, you will go for point blank, all my throw proficiency is from Torbah feast tournament spam. General rules.

1. Don't stop, when your horse dies, you die
    2. AI is dumb, 1 VS 1 it switches to club and you can shoot
    3. It is not about shooting, it is about riding- attack blind spot on enemy, keep behind them on their right

1 VS 1 if you are unlucky, to have enemy starting to throw all, you will have to circle until he is out of ammo (point 3. still applies, but AI will usually keep distance).
  14. [BUGS] Support Thread for v3.9

Not sure yet if it is a bug, but it seems my random generator is not working. First ask-for-rumors on traveler gave me Red Brotherhood location, second chest in Rane, third  Red Brotherhood location again (cleaned first one before). Also captured K'Juda with PM=3.
    It's a bit too much...
  15. Perisno Q&A + FAQ

Lord Irontoe said:
    placenik said:
    Can any skill go over 10+4? I'm on 30 INT for pathfinding/medical,  and don't want to waste skill points on something what can be boosted by items.

All the combat skills except for Weapon Master and Horse Archery can go up to 15. I know Leadership goes up to 15 too, but I'm not sure about Persuasion, Trade or Prisoner Mgmt. All of the party skills max out at 10+4 like in native
    OK, so it is wise to keep pathfinding at 7 and buy a cat :/
Back
Top Bottom