Recent content by Pinkerton00

1. Game super unstable after patch 1.8?

Never had this problem before, but since patch 1.8 the game is constantly crashing every hour or so. I've had it crash in character creation, several times at the end of tournaments after I win, sometimes when loading back to the campaign map after a battle, etc. Has anyone else been...
  2. Party Size Bug found

I just encountered a similar problem.
    Party limit was 106. I took a "deliver herd" quest for 45 sheep, started traveling and halfway there noticed my party size was dropping. My limit had suddenly fallen to 70. Nothing else had changed.
    I don't use any mods either.
    Very confused. What the heck is happening?
  3. Hideouts are fine!

1: Maybe not all of them but when near a hideout I see plenty of coming and going. Maybe you are to close causing noone to leave?
    2: Imho it should be more then enough to complete the quest. Had one this morning where I initially failed, went to a nearby town. Rested for a few days and came back with stronger troops. Still had like 5 days left to complete it....
    3: It makes alot of sense really. If you notice what is beeing implied you have to sneak in because they will otherwise scatter to the win if a large force tries to barge in. Basicly you have to jump them because otherwise they will just run. Makes sense.
    4: The game draws the units from the top first. Put your companions and/or elite soldiers at the top for this mission. Works perfectly.
    5: well honestly I havent seen more then 2 dozen troops in a hide out at any given time. How the hell do you get so many bandits in there in the first place?

1: Proximity to the hideout has nothing to do with whether they leave or not. On many occasions, I have left the area of the hideout completely to return several days later, and the exact same parties with the exact same number of dudes is still just sitting there doing nothing.
    2: 8-10 men is certainly enough to complete the quest if you are careful and there are only 2 dozen or less men (or so) there. However, I have seen cases where I am asked to go clear out a camp with 40-50 or more men, and none of them ever leave no matter what. Normally, you can fight the guys piecemeal, killing a handful without alerting the rest. With so many, though, (especially with mountain bandit camps) there is one part where you alert a small group and it pulls literally the rest of the map...and you can't physically get past that group without alerting them. Then a single lucky shot from the 30+ pro javelin snipers can end your quest.
    3: I agree that it makes sense to have the player assault with a small group, but only if the number of bandits is limited. A camp with 50+ men isn't going to be able to just slink into the shadows. I say they should just somehow limit the number of bandits in a camp.
    4: It doesn't do that perfectly. Just like in Warband, it draws troops based on an algorithm that prioritizes companions, soldiers at the top of the list, and soldiers of higher rank. Moreover, it doesn't give you a regular result, so it is at least partly randomized. I know this for a fact because when I have saved just outside a camp because it has like 45 dudes and I have to reload and try like 15 times to be able to do it, the troops it gives me are different every time even if I change nothing between attempts. The only consistency is that it seems to give you companions before giving you anything else. It doesn't always give you the guys at the top and it doesn't always give you the highest rank. I have gone to camps with the top of the list populated by like 30 tier 3+ guys and it still sometimes gives me recruits from the bottom of the list.
    5: You haven't tried enough bandit camps.
  4. Additional party

How do I tell my companion to make a party?
    Looking to use the exploit, eh? haha
    You have to be clan rank 2, I think. Just go to the clan screen, then to the "Parties" tab, then click on the create new party button and you just choose a companion to lead it. If the companion is currently in your party, the new party will appear right next to you and automatically go to the troop inspection screen, where you can just transfer the newly created troops to yourself.
    If you then disband the party, it will automatically run to the nearest allied castle or city and add any remaining troops to its garrison. And then your companion will just be waiting for you at that location, where you can go talk to them and add them back to your party.
  5. Western empire

Really? Try playing with Battania. When I join them, they are at war with everyone except Sturgia and the Khuzaits. They get eaten alive.
  6. Dude... Mounted Bandits are *HILARIOUSLY* Over-Powered

Yeah, mountain bandits are brutal, and way more brutal than they ever were before. They just eat through your troops with no trouble. Throwing weapons are stupid accurate in this game. Even my character, who has basically 0 skill in throwing weapons, can throw them with pinpoint accuracy, which baffles me. What's more, my character does have high archery skill, but I am pretty sure that throwing weapons are actually more accurate for me than archery. I remember throwing weapons being incredibly inaccurate in Warband, even if you had a good amount of skill.
    The annoying thing is that the effectiveness of throwing weapons doesn't feel like it applies to my troops. I can load up with throwing weapon soldiers and they don't seem to even begin to approach the effectiveness of the enemy AI.
  7. Arena XP gain discussion

I think one way to help fix this is to have HP loss in arena fights be persistent, just like it used to be. I really don't get the choice to give you full HP back after the arena fight...especially when the dialog option to stop participating says "I need to take time to heal my bruises and cuts, or whatever" and the arena dude says "yeah, that's probably a good idea"
  8. List some of your absolute "Wat?" moments in the game so far.

I was in a village and talked to a "teenager". She started mouthing off about how she told some guy to stay away from her daughter or she would tell the local gang boss about it, and how he doesn't hang around her house anymore. I was just wondering, how old is your daughter, girl! You're a teenager! I mean, your daughter cannot possibly be more than like 4 or 5 years old at most. Does she really have a suitor already? Something is wrong here...?
  9. Additional party

I also just noticed this yesterday. There is no way this is intended. I was basically able to create a new party, take the units into my own party, disband the extra party, pick up the companion, and repeat forever. By doing this, I can fill up my party with high quality units and also pump up any garrisons that I want without spending any money or training soldiers.
    It is DEFINITELY an exploit. Helpful to players, but needs to be fixed.
  10. Longbows seem really weak

Is it weird to anyone else that Longbows seem like one of the weakest bows in the game? Like, from a historical and physics perspective. I get that Khuzait horse archers are supposed to be super good, so they have great bows, but Battanian archers are also supposed to be very good. More...
  11. Difference between shields?

Different shields do have different sizes, though this is not listed, and they are all categorized as "large shield". However, I was confused because the Small Flat Heater Shield that I started with seemed to be the objectively best shield in the game, until I did some active comparisons and noticed that I got hit with arrows WAY more often with it because it was so small.
    Also, the game now has directional blocking with shields. You can still block attacks to your right when blocking to the left or up, but I have noticed that these attacks can get through a shield block sometimes, though I am not sure about the exact mechanics.
    Weight is also a big factor.
Back
Top Bottom