Recent content by Philozoraptor

1. Philozoraptor

It's 2024. Spears still suck

There are mods that fix the issue to big degree, but I understand that some people want to play MP or on console (very brave to buy mod heavy / dependent game like BL on console in the first place).
  2. Philozoraptor

siege ambushes

BTW guys, do you happen to have some save file with the siege ambush? I would like to test whether it works at all in RBM but I dont feel like hunting for it myself.
  3. Philozoraptor

"Baldur’s Gate 3 is Causing Some Developers to Panic"

I have enjoyed BG3 a lot so far, I am in the middile of the act 2 at the moment. However I have heard that since late act 2 and especially in act 3 game is not finished (similarly to DOS2). Entire chunks of game are missing such as companion interactions, half of the city, many quests etc. Lot of these things were datamined and many of them were actually finished or almost finished and were removed in last moment for some reason.
  4. Philozoraptor

Why is everyone dumb and superman in the native combat mode?

We would actually really appreciate if the horse "hitbox" would stay real lets say 3 seconds after the horse dies so it could crash into infantry even if you kill it. That would make charge more realistic and interesting.
  5. Philozoraptor

Mods make this game

I have a few and few mods. Realistic Battle Mod is in my opinion one of the things that make this game 3 times better. It's bizarre how a non-official party manages to set up a system that improves the game way beyond its initial form.

And I am left wondering why and how it is that work is left for modders. Is this on purpose? Hell yeah. No doubt in my mind. I won't be surprised if some of these modders are employees and programmers of the game that do mods instead of making it official because:
    Thanks for 5 star review.

As far as we are concerned we are not TW emloyees, I am scientist IRL and my co-author Marnah is actual coder, but for different company and different industry than gaming.
  6. Philozoraptor

Arena fight in 1.2

Almost sound like they gave AI parry / block chance from RBM without any stamina / posture system to break through it.
  7. Philozoraptor

Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

My game crashes when I try to start custom battle or benchmark, however actual campaign battles work for me. Obviously verified files.
  8. Philozoraptor

Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

Nice update, lot of features that sound fimiliar even their wording. :grin:

Jokes aside, this should improve AI modding a lot.
  9. Philozoraptor

Armor lack of effectiveness Devs should consider

There are certain limitations with this too, the added computational load for properly 'leading' the aim, especially with up to 1k agents would be ridiculous.
    Archers are already leading every shot. You can even set it to the point where they are gonna pretty much aimbot moving targets (moving in straight line).

Infantry are there to perforate Cavalry. Cavalry are there to deny position to Archers, and to repel H.A. Ranged units are the meta; they have ranged weapons, of course they're 'strictly better.'
    Is this your opinion? Or developer statement? Because it was not the case in majority of history, so if we are going for late antiquity / early / high middle age inspired gameplay why make invented rules for no reason when historical "rules" worked well back in the day for a good reason.
  10. Philozoraptor

You know the game is dead when the adult mods take over...

The amount of people with "issues" which we diagnosed by accident while bugfixing with their save file is actually funny. When someone has combination of captivity, naked girls, girls are everywhere and cut through everything mod you know something is probably of :grin:
  11. Philozoraptor

Bannerlord is really just a broken game.

Lack of any other similiar game to drive competition helps TW a lot as well. There is actually similiar situation with Total War and Paradox games, there is nothing similiar so they can get away with patches that break the games for months and add half baked features (partly by patch, partly by DLC).
  12. Philozoraptor

Armor lack of effectiveness Devs should consider

Uh, why is this bad? Why would you have archers at all if infantry were going to reach them every single time?

Combined arms, guys. The point of the ranged troops is to kill things before they reach them. If the balance were reversed, if T5 infantry could beat T4 archers with little to no losses, you would all also be whinging about THAT. Sit down.
    Exactly, combined arms. You should use archers as part of combined arms (because it makes the game more rewarding when you do it right - good game design), if T4 archers beat T5 infantry before it even reaches them, you dont have to use combined arms, you can just use the archers, infantry esentially becomes obsolete, maybe you can have token force to tank enemy AI in shieldwall while your 90% archer army shoots them. Also archers got obvious advantage in situations where you cannot reach them quickly enough (castle walls, hills etc), why should they be better or equal even on flat ground.
  13. Philozoraptor

Robot detected
    roger-roger-roger.gif
  14. Philozoraptor

This thread should be pinned because it summarizes everything wrong with the game. Devs should simply use it as a list of things to fix / remove / add.
  15. Philozoraptor

About updates and mods and blablabla

Looks like devs are trading "fun for players" for a "feast for modders". A shame.
    HAHAHA.

No, majority of devs in TW are literally interns (cheap university labour) to save money and left hand have no idea what the right hand does - hence broken updated, random updated of older versions of the game that break mods that used to work. On top of it they clearly have no vision of where they want to go with the game, they are just adding in half baked poorly integrated features insipered by Crusader Kings etc, just for the sake of adding them. Also in case of TW upper managment (CEO specifically) to my knowledge needs to approve everything, so there is a huge bottleneck of ideas even if some devs have vision etc.

So incompetence mixed with no vision.

Edit: snipped discriminatory parts. Please refrain from posting those.
Back
Top Bottom