Recent content by paulgrrr

1. paulgrrr

Mount and Blade Combat animation enhance new version.

Nice animation.
    I have always wondered if there was a way to do a parry - riposte animation. It would make blocking a lot more rewarding in a fight.
  2. paulgrrr

How to use only thrust swords?

An overhead strike was added on some mods, making the rapier a truly fearsome weapon.
  3. paulgrrr

SP Musket Era Gaunt's Mod Reloaded

Rammstein,
    We addressed the money problem by giving people more money to begin the game with. Additionally prisoner trading is profitable, a high level troop will pay well for its ransom. I would like to change costs for all items but I am afraid I cannot do it by myself.
    Thanks,

Paul Grrr

Rammstein said:
    Looks great, I'm downloading it now. However I think it's necessary that you edit the cost of weapons and armour from the marketplace. When I bought the game I thought it was rather silly that I could give 25 Polish Mercenary cavalrymen winged hussar armour for around 12, 000 gold (I think) yet for me, one suit of winged hussar armour would cost 10,000 gold. So yes, that's the only thing I think of at the moment that should be implemented
  4. paulgrrr

A Brief Introduction of Beijing

It is a %$@! Chinese spammer. Lets sing him a song!
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKx1aenJK08
  5. paulgrrr

Question about sneaking into a city

voan said:
    You can sneak your army into towns, but not fortresses. The difference between the two is not as clear as in was in warband, but you can still generally tell the difference by looking at the fortress/town on the map.
    I have a modified parties.txt file in which the map icons for cities and castles have been changed to avoid this problem. It can be retrieved from Gaunt's mod reloaded if anyone is interested.
  6. paulgrrr

SP Musket Era Enhancement Mod. Rule your own kingdom! 1.75 final. Open mod source code.

el_infante said:
    Happy birthday WFaS Enhanced Mod. You are now a month old!

happy-birthday.jpg

And your birthday gift is!!
    Uploaded new version 1.60 beta

Happy song-day to you,
    Happy song-day to you,
    We could not sing you the real one,
    it is copyrighted boo-hoo...
  7. paulgrrr

I cannot figure out how to make the inventory box appear correctly on the wagon forts. Additionally, I wanted to make a single wagon breakable. The problem with the box is that it does not always appear where the player starts. Therefore, I implemented a static box that always appears inside the wagon fort, which is not the best solution.
    I have implemented dstemmer's scene chooser menu on cheat mode. Any help would be appreciated.  :grin:
  8. paulgrrr

I really need an experienced scene editor's help. Does anyone know of one?
  9. paulgrrr

OSP Musket Era 3D Art Flintlock Firearms

I was wondering if someone has made a holster for the pistol since I could not find one in WFAS at all.
    I will use these for my mod.
    Thanks Llew!
  10. paulgrrr

Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

WFAS Module_scripts "game_get_item_extra_text" modifications

I was trying to get the WFAS store menus to display the shot speed property of pistols and muskets, but I forgot item_get_missile_speed was only available for WB as part of the WSE.  :oops:
    I would like to know if anyone knows how to fetch the shoot_speed property for items or has a better idea.
    Thanks!

Code:
    #insert before the last (try_end) statement...
    (else_try),
    (item_get_type, ":weapon_type", ":item_no"),
    (eq, ":weapon_type", itp_type_crossbow),
    # I would have called item_get_missile_speed here...
    (set_result_string, "@Pew! Pew! Pew!"),
    (set_trigger_result, 0xFFEEDD),
  11. paulgrrr

Combining the mod depends mostly on the other mods since my module system is included with this mod.
    You are free to do as you please provided that you give credit.
    If someone wishes to merge mods, I can give it a shot.
  12. paulgrrr

Question about moding

The game formula uses:
    ( ( troop_level * troop_level ) / 5 ) + troop_level
    Then it caps the value range between 12 and 200.
    Therefore, a winged hussar level 21 is worth
    ( ( 21*21 ) / 5 ) + 21 = 109

Look at the post above and:
    1. Change the number 5 to 1
    2. Change the "12  200"  to "50  500"

Now a winged hussar level 21 is worth aprox. ( ( 21*21 ) / 1 ) + 21 = 462
    Unfortunately since the formula uses squares, a level 6 tatar raider is only worth 42 at the most.

I changed the formula on Gaunt's gameplay mod to use a static value of 25 per level. Try it!
    http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,199807.msg5175406.html#msg5175406
  13. paulgrrr

Forum Members and Lurkers, I was disappointed when Gaunt and Csatadi lost interest since they had several great ideas and the original game had more bugs than a rain forest. Therefore, I decided to overhaul Gaunt's mod. Module files: http://www.mediafire.com/?jw6o6f9imj804c1 Module source...
  14. paulgrrr

Ayuda con modificaciones al juego

Estimados miembros del foro, Solicito ayuda para hacer modificaciones a este excelente juego. Aunque no entiendas python, openbrf, y otras cosas; estaria contento si pudieran documentar y buscar errores. Hace poco Gaunt creo un modulo que mejoraba el juego (lanzas que se rompen, un golpe duro...
  15. paulgrrr

[M] The Deluge - general discussion

Guys,
    I have a suggestion, Gaunt made a mod for WFAS with breakable hussar lances (they turn into sabers), breakable player weapons (weapons disappear), and falling off a horse (get hit hard enough and you fall while your horse rides off). Gaunt said his scripts were available for other modders. I liked the weapon break for lances, not so much for swords and others, maybe one handed weapons can get chipped (turn into broken versions of themselves dealing half damage).
    Cheers,

PaulGrrr
Back
Top Bottom