Recent content by Patwick

1. Beta Patch Notes e1.4.2

Is there a politicaly approved way to completely remove some user and every post he ever made because they are completely useless and offensive ?

No relationship to the post above, i swear, just asking out of curiosity
  2. Food Shortage

The next step will be to figure out how to allow prosperity to plateau while still retaining a food surplus of +10 to 15 per day, so that only a sustained hostile effort can cause large scale starvation. One of the ways to do this I think is to link prosperity reduction to the percentage of food stocks missing. So for instance, if food stocks were 10% empty, then -1 would be added to the daily prosperity change. If food stocks were 90% empty, then -9 would be added to prosperity change. That allows prosperity to bleed off to the proper level without actual starvation having to take place. It might also help to prevent food surplus from affecting prosperity growth until after the +10 or 15 mark is reached.

Most Ai city have only something like +2 modifier to prosperity early in the game, having them reach at least 80% in their foodstock to grow is unrealistic.

So yes no more starvation but with an overall reduction of prosperity in nearly all citys.

However i find quite nice the idea to relate prosperity change to food stock before starvation happen ; something more like [-5 ; +4] (and removing the bonus for surplus food) would be better i think, it would translate to some reduction of prosperity aswell but in less proportion.
  3. Food Shortage

Probably because back in Warband, players like me used the technique of stuffing every single castle or town they held with 2000 recruits or peasants. The AI looked at those numbers and decided "**** that," so our personal holdings were never at risk. And if you were ever to encounter the AI equivalent, it was basically impossible to starve them out because any army big enough to siege the town would begin to starve itself, long before the garrison was reduced enough to matter.

It's not that easy to starve a garrison as well in bannerlord, you need to go to -20 food, for a castle with both village raided and an unimproved garden this amount require at least a garrison of 200, and as food consumption decrease with the garrisoned leaving you have a fixed amount of soldier that you will always have to faced after starving them depending on garden lvl.

An improved garden could thus improve garrison size you will always have to face, this can be a lead to future development to improve garrison efficacity if they choose to keep the current starving system
  4. SP - General Battle formation Overhaul

So, I was looking a the thread explaining future development for single player and notice that basically everything listed there was either implemented or partially implemented except for a few points. One of those is Battle formation Overhaul and it is actually the one that I wanted the most...
  5. Food Shortage

There's already a simple garrison limit. That's all thats needed to keep you from overstuffing the garrison. Why waste any effort trying to tune an overly complex mechanic that adds so little to the game?

Because it's seems that it isn't your case but for a lot of people it is fun to manage fief, try to make your village prosper by chasing party's/bandits. I'm one of those people, I like to manage my fief and I would be sad to see that they removed mechanics like starvation.

It's not just about preventing this or encouraging that, it's a thing in itself.
    It can be improved however and I will be happy if they do so
  6. AI sometimes misjudge power balance outside settlements

Yes, Ai sally out when they are outnumbering enemies sieging them, however the parties inside the settlement doenst seems to take into accountthe partys outside for troop numbers.

So I guess that it's more a garrison problem
  7. SP - Economy Disable garrison food consumption until you fix it, or set it to a constant of -1

Change were made about food in the latest hotfix to improve starving situation of city/castles :

Reason was item demands were directly calculated from prosperity. Each item's demand is something like this : prosperity x constant. This means if a town has less/no prosperity there is less/no demand for each item. However food consumption is not only from people of town. Food is also bought by lords visits town. So I added additional fixed demand for food items. So even prosperity is low food demand is between low-medium now. After this fix I see higher food prices in towns with less food and less prosperity. So high food prices get caravans attraction more. So these towns get needed food better compared to previous version. Also as a minor change added beer as a consumption giving food bonus to food stores.
  8. Food Shortage

If lords are reducing the size of their garrisons because of low foodstocks, isn't that just the same end result as the excess garrison starving? Whats the difference? You still wind up with smaller garrisons.

Excess garrison starving equal loss of unit, so not really the same end result.
    Plus directly limiting the garrison size allow the settlement to increase it's foodstock, thus permitting bigger garrison later, it's way healthier process.

I'm not sure why you would want smaller garrisons when they're already way too small to defend themselves on their own.

I think change to AI behavior encouraging them to be more enclined to defend ongoing siege will compensate that (I know that's what they are working on right now). I don't know if we have the same vision but for me garrison are more designed to buy time and hold off opponents for reinforcement to come, so garrison that aren't able to fend off a big army is less a concern to me than Allied Armies that do not come to help those garrisons.
  9. SP - Economy Poll: In the end balance state of the game, how much income should be passive vs. active?

I'm gonna detail my votes:

1. Player should rely more on securing source of passive income, less on passive income, and should he lower/harder to secure
    The key word here is securing, it's far too easy to gang upon some looters, smelt everything and smith à 200 difficulty 2H sword that sell to 15k, then buying a workshop with the fund. Despite it being the more efficient, it's lackluster and unbalanced.

I'll not talking about specific workshop balanced but i think that the passive income goal should be somethink like :

20% Workshop/Caravan ; 20% Mercenary contract/King's help ; 60% Fief. (Not talking about merchant playthrough, i never did that)

Not sure about mercenary contract being really passive tho

2. In addition there should be more gold sink​
    I really can't stand having 1m+ gold and not having anything to do with it. However this is compared the present state of the game, and if passive income become lower/harder to secure gold sink will be less needed.

I would not really need "gold sink" but i would like more thing to do with gold than speeding construction and buying equipement. Stuff like hiring city patrol against looters, boosting recruitement so you would have more noble recruits/better trained one available in your settlement.

A thread with those kind of suggestion would be nice.

@TheShermanator when you feel like the poll had enough feedback, you're welcome to start a thread with suggestion about how to do the final result :p
  10. Beta Patch Notes e1.4.1

Where the **** is the patch? We're now three weeks behind.

Three weeks.
    Behind.

This is going from "we had some issues" to simple neglect. I'm starting to think that because you already got paid, you have little initiative left.

We expected a patch, but that week was skipped because of a 4 day weekend being a risk to game stability. Okay, fine.

So the week after, we expected a patch... And there was some glitches that needed to be fixed. Okay, we now need to wait some more.

Now - a full week later - and what is the holdup this time? Where is the patch?

We've got a hotfix everyday since last week, you can be frustrated but "neglect" isn't what's happening here
  11. Professionalism

Did what? Oh a patch, literally checked after writing that lol. w/e it's just more of the same, I don't think they'd give a damn what I though or posted.

Your avatar looks so sad. Poor Pepe.

I just learned that every hotfix content are posted on the front page of the Beta patch note Thread.

So we really actually were dumb ****s (me included) looking at it in the comments while it was there from the beginning.
  12. Beta Patch Notes e1.4.1

From what I can tell that issue isn't necessarily a bug, but may just be the starting set up of factions not really supporting that particular war in the current model. We are gonna have more of a look at the early period, though from what I have seen today this particular matter isn't a huge issue. The western empire did fine in a number of runs today, for instance.

Ok, if you put it that way it's more of a balancing concern that needs deeper analysis.
    Regardless it still gives an advantage to SE and Aserai over the other neighbouring kingdoms, the question then is do they really need it ?
    I guess it depends on what you pursue in the design of each factions, if you want a balanced stalemate or if you want pertubating event like this one to make factions more alive.

So maybe WE really wasn't lucky in my test, and it could be interesting if for example Aserai declared war on Kuzait, but I didn't see anything else than WE having a hard time yet.
  13. Beta Patch Notes e1.4.1

@Duh_TaleWorlds

Just tested and the issue with Aserai and Southern Empire systematically making peace on the first day of every new campaign still exist despite
    • Fixed a bug that caused the diplomacy system to have multiple relations between kingdom pairs. This should alleviate some problems with short war and truce periods.
    and
    • Several minor fixes for AI war and peace declarations.
    You can find more info here :
  14. Food Shortage

So I added additional fixed demand for food items. So even prosperity is low food demand is between low-medium now. After this fix I see higher food prices in towns with less food and less prosperity. So high food prices get caravans attraction more. So these towns get needed food better compared to previous version. Also as a minor change added beer as a consumption giving food bonus to food stores.

Those are nice solutions, for both AI and early game trading, and this give additional opportunities for player wanting to do a merchant playthrough !

And give initial 20 militias when a looted village return to normal state to save it a bit from repeatedly loots
    This is really really nice aswell !

To balance this I added a new code block for ai lords to garrison less troops to settlements with less food sources. For example if a castle has two villages with less than 200 hearths it's daily food income from villages are less (4 + 4 = 8 ). This castle cannot feed big garrisons.

However i'm a bit skeptical about this one, wasn't that already the case with the previous change you made about garrison size and prosperity ? Wont the 2 different code block interfere with each other ? Why keeping the one with prosperity, even if i'm not really fan of the garrizon size cap/limit, i think it's better to relate size to food income than to prosperity

Ty very much for keeping us informed !

Last note: Is the +20 militia the way you found to deal with too many raid, or is there still an issue about AI behavior in this case ?
  15. Resolved Economy Collapse

There is no bug here, it's because you have other project/building in queue on your construction list.

You are currently constructing Fairground, in second position is Marketplace, then Granary, fourth is Militia ground, and finaly the Housing Daily project.

Housing and irrigation are daily project and need to be active to provide any effect, so if you have other construction going they will not work.
    Try to disable all constructions and select only Housing, that should make it work

I do agree however that 839 is quite low prosperity, but it doesn't seems to result from a bug.

Damn you should have posted screenshot earlier and i would have explained it, you made a whole reinstall for nothing haha
Back
Top Bottom