Recent content by Parrot

1. Parrot

MP Modern Blood & Iron - Bringing a classic Warband NW mod to Bannerlord

Like all total conversion mods, we'll do as much as we can with what we know about modding the engine so far; the more impressive updates (like models/textures etc) will come later when the official tools are released.
  2. Parrot

MP Modern Blood & Iron - Bringing a classic Warband NW mod to Bannerlord

The 1870's was an exciting time period of the world; the French and Prussians went to war over German unification, the British Empire faced troubles in Africa and India, the American Civil War left the country in turmoil as she sought to push further West over Native land. The original...
  3. Parrot

OSP Animations Various Firearm-related Animations (from Blood and Iron)

yes, there's some comments about adding new animations which you need to follow:

Code:
    # All of the animations are hardcoded. You can edit the individual sequences, resources or times. But each
    # animation must stay at the same position, otherwise the game won't run properly. If you want to add a new animation,
    # you can change both the ids and values of the animations which are named as unused_human_anim_???
    # and unused_horse_anim_??? (??? = any number). You must not change used animations' ids.
  4. Parrot

Modders' Interviews | Get inspired by Greats and Legends!

keep them coming! i've just read all of them with great interest, now i'm hungry for more
  5. Parrot

Official Screenshots and Video Thread.

enhancing the flag creation discussion:

if you're unable to find a suitable reference that meets your standards (heh flag puns) it's worth creating your own from scratch. this process takes a little more time but is relatively painless. i ended up building the french flags from scratch for blood and iron because i couldn't find a high quality image of the flags i needed, the ones i did find served as a suitable reference.

sXGZLv5.png

you'll want to start off with the base colours of the flag, then see if you can find any of the ornate designs through an image search, modify them and position them correctly, then any text can easily be added with a text layer and a close-matching font and size. don't forget to make use of layer masks and suitable effects for fabric, slight embossing, and outlines to give your textures a nice look and feel without going overboard
  6. Parrot

Applying L'aigle mod skin to Napoleonic Wars.

looks like you're usung the "standart shader"; this'll make texture look flat and ****. you'll want to use a rigged cloth one such as "specular_shader_skin_bump_colorspec_high" (or similar if you don't need a specular shader and just the normal)
  7. Parrot

Modelling and texturing guidelines

high poly to low poly normal map baking (knowing how to do this properly so that it yields a good results is half of the work), while you're at it bake an ambient occlusion and cavity map. in photoshop you can use some clever jiggery-pokery with layer blending modes and opacity using the cavity and AO textures (multiply and overlay) to give yourself the basic outlines of where everything is, then head on to texturing from there. don't forget that everyone has their own style

useful links:
    You're making me hard. Making sense of hard edges, uvs, normal maps and vertex counts
    Understanding cages when baking a normal map
    Understanding averaged normals and ray projection/Who put waviness in my normal map?
  8. Parrot

L'Aigle Development Log Thing.

Михаил Илларионович Голенищев-Кутузов-Смоленский said:
    The second developer was killed when the Berenstein universe collapsed.

he also ran off with the kickstarter money, purchased lots of cocaine and prozzies, and ended up living in a skip with only his CPU for heat on cold winter nights
  9. Parrot

Suggestion Thread. Your ideas here.

these kinds of things are difficult to do with the way the engine handles equipped items displayed on the character model. however this suggestions can be achieved by using scabbards, where the scabbards are a new mesh of the weapon re-positioned in the desired location. but this is very time consuming
  10. Parrot

Suggestion Thread. Your ideas here.

AmateurHetman said:
    I feel the world map needs the most work. Mods like ACOK have nailed making the map feel populated and aesthetic.

SexHaver420?? said:
    a new map with a new terrain type and all new map icons by Parrot, and a whole lot of other stuff.

hopefully the new icons will help with this
  11. Parrot

Modding Bannerlord - Questions

more fantastic stuff! it all looks so clean and user friendly!! i can't wait to get my hands on it all, and see what other modders come up with
  12. Parrot

Official Bug Report Thread. Post all problems here!

koach2 said:
    There's a French lord [...] that is riding a Native Warhorse (the one with chain armour). He also didn't have a hat in battle

that's a bug? it just sounds like he's been at the cognac again
  13. Parrot

Dev Blog 21/09/17

kalarhan said:
    now look at other games like Skyrim and Total War. They allow players to cherry pick mods, the game puts them in a loading order, checks if they are compatible (they don't try to change the same bits of code/features), and creates a custom version of the game. That is the sort of thingy we will get with Bannerlord. Modders will still need to choose how to work with their code, but players will have a easier time (newbie friendly) with installation.

and that sort of thing could also apply to new modules (Floris, Brytenwalda, etc), which could also have the option for add-ons.

i'm really looking forward to this feature, it means we have the potential to make overhaul single player mods that only focus on changing the vanilla stuff (such as models, basic mechanics, quests, etc) and allow the player to decide what extra features they want to add through mods (diplomacy, mini-maps, and formations). i have a dream, where mod boards will be free of pubbies asking "why didn't you add diplomacy or xyz kit? also please add Montenegro k tnx bi" because you can customise your game and someone else will have made it!
  14. Parrot

Dev Blog 21/09/17

this blog is the best blog! thanks duh for compiling our questions and listen to us ***** about modding, and thanks to everyone that put so much effort into making the blog possible!
  15. Parrot

Modding Bannerlord - Questions

the new dev blog is focused on modding!

edit: thanks duh for setting this up!
    from reading it, it sounds quite similar to the way total war games are modded, i like it.
    i also like how they didn't say yes or no to a preview of character model specs  :fruity:
Back
Top Bottom